What's new

08 midwest outdoors

wisco61

Well, got most of the 4 plants trimmed up, still 1 to go. So far, 5 1/2 of the big half-gallon mason jars, and a bunch of popcorn. I weighed the bud in one of the jars and it was like 2.5 ounces, so should be over a pound of bud from the 4 plants.
34029harvestpartial.JPG

Looks decent, the one plant still standing has more trichs, but still not bad.

Here is the plant #2 from today. Shes beat up, but still kicking. I cut more bud rot out, though there was not much. Also removed a ton of dead leaves and gave it a drink of molasses water.

Plant #5! This is the one that survived the deer attack and was cut down last week. Autumn colors really coming out in full force, leaves will start dropping en masse any day.

Last edited:

PHL8T ME

Hi wisco, I had a frost here, but it was light. I'm a ways south of you but within a couple hours. I've been clippin' for hours today. We had about three days of cool wet shit like you and I started noticing some budrot. Also on one KC36xHK I found about 4 red worms/larva of some sort. I should finnish up clipping 5 plants today. I already have 3 lbs dry and curing.

sonofgunder667@

solid werk by everyone on this thread...im up in northern IL and just recently took down all my ladies.. had plants spread out a couple buddies places and a few at my own..backyard gardening is the way to go..almost had my first 2lb plant...had a few issues this year with bud rot and not being prepared for such large colas, so i had a few snapped branches after the last heavy rain before harvest...so next year wire cages and investing in some vapor barrier spray...let the good times grow

wisco61

Very nice pull sonofgunder! Backyard is not a possibility for me, but I can only imagine the damage I could do.

As far as the smoke report goes, this thread on a different board nails it.

Yield: I had two plants, 55" and 51".
Harvest dry weights were 118g and 97g.
400 watt HPS used to flower. Flowering time: 68-74 days
Strength/Potency: Very long lasting cerebral high. You know, that "swimming" feeling. Good for any occasion.
Taste: Hard to describe. Very clean and fresh. Not "veggie" or "grassy" fresh but a combination of mild pine and skunky tastes makes for a very pleasant smoke.

My buddy described it as "fucking killer." Surprised how good it is already, after a month or 2 of curing it should be real nice. I've been smoking it pretty much straight for about 6 months from indoor harvests, and it still gets me good and high.

Though, it is not a great outdoor strain. It is susceptible to bud rot, and has stems that are not strong enough to support the buds. It also doesn't finish at my lat. I will grow a couple of them next year using the info in silverback's excellent 60/60 thread.

I still have one plant still standing but I haven't been over there in like a week. Being my first time growing outdoors I figured leaving one out to see the outcome would be a good idea. It actually hasn't been that cold, though it rained a ton one night and not a lot of sun overall.

Last edited:

PHL8T ME

Hey, great year here. Around 7 lbs. Been very busy between clippin-curing and hunting. Love WI 4 seasons of fun. We need to hook up in '09

wisco61

How'd you do for rifle? I saw my biggest buck ever but couldn't find him in the scope during the 5 seconds I froze him, then he ran. I laced off 3 shots as he was running away but just hit air. After that I just started walking around looking for spots to plant weed next year. :muahaha:

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
congratulations on a successful harvest wisco looks like some very fine smoke :joint: happy harvesting and puff er easy :wave:

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
solid werk by everyone on this thread...im up in northern IL and just recently took down all my ladies.. had plants spread out a couple buddies places and a few at my own..backyard gardening is the way to go..almost had my first 2lb plant...had a few issues this year with bud rot and not being prepared for such large colas, so i had a few snapped branches after the last heavy rain before harvest...so next year wire cages and investing in some vapor barrier spray...let the good times grow

geez man that's nuts! nice job :D