What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Dr.Bud Method by Thundurkel

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
So since I seemed to bother a few peeps by wording shit wrong and everybody wants to see it tested I decided why not? My lights are not hard mounted yet cuz I am broke as hell at the moment and I have a taller box it's 37"tall 27"wide and 17"deep so I want to use 3 4 socket vanity fixture with Y sockets and instead of 42 watt CFL's I will fill it with 24 23watt CFL's for a total of 552watts!!! If thats not cool with everybody since Dr.Bud has his hard mounted I will get cleats for this but give a broke guy a break.....

So thats how I will have the light in a month or 2 but at the moment it's looking like this...

I have my case holder that fits 24 20oz bottles and I can fit 8 more next to and plan to fill the box with 32 clones, a mix of Purple Urkel, Alaskan Thunder Goo, and my Carpet Indica(bagseed) and right now I have a mix of 42's 23's and 26's that total 398 watts

I have 9 Urkel clones that should have roots in the next 5 days and we'll get this test started... Now this is just to show that a newb like myself cant get 7g dry from a clone in a 20oz bottle with no veg time flowered right after it's rooted I can't do a full SOG yet cuz I'm finishing up with a LST grow but I can cram the 7 I'm flowering at first in there then I will have my moms I also have the Alaskan Thunder Goo regveggin so they will be coming soon to... Hope everybody enjoys this...
:jump:
To: Lou, Maj Pothead and Clowntown - I'm not trying to bash you dudes either to get that out there,I've learned from all 3 of you and Dr.Bud and thank the 4 of you guys this is just to quit the bickering I will be the test dummy
:rasta: :smoweed: :rasta:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
No sweat I was going to do the method either way so I figured I'd just start the thread already should be fun to watch

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok so I was going to wait for my Urkel clones but while I'm waiting for those we can watch this little girl...

She's clone from the plant I started a SCROG/LST on, not sure how much she will stretch cuz I took the cutting when preflowers had started so I don't know what she will do but she was rooted and transplanted about 3 days ago and flowered at 2 inches...... I call this strain Carpet Muncher cuz I found the seed in my carpet haha :muahaha:

Eli Bloom

bro you're in norcal...why waste that plant count on some stupid cfl tek? grow trees kid. get off the dr's jock. :bashhead: :spank:

get some HIDs and grow big plants and you can get big shiny DENSE nugs and smoke them. easy cheesy. its what everyone else here is doing and has been doing; maybe there's a reason.

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Eli Bloom said:
why waste that plant count on some stupid cfl tek?
Boy did you miss the point. People grow all kinds of ways that don't involve HID. He's on a mission for the good of the class. Get on board or get out of the way. :weakestli

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I'm not on nobody's jock bro.. I was out to prove fools wrong before I found his thread, shit I was saying watch me do it when I saw Kamels CFL guide on GC. I'm all about getting everything from Home Depot and Walmart so have fun with your hydro stores that are watched in every city. It's funny to me that I get shit for wanting to use the method but Hempy seems to be using it just fine as well so whats the big deal? Does the thought of somebody getting decent yields with CFL's bug you that much? Shit look at Buds For Less he claims you can get 8oz of bud for $50 and all CFL! Thats more outrageous

Freezerboy- Thanks I'm glad theres some growers that see what I'm trying to do

Last edited:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
You're right 8oz for under $100 he has a whole section on Roll It Up.org.But yea like the window fan eh? I had to use it the thing fits so perfect,the bottom edge of my dresser is the same width as a window seal and it keeps my temps at 75 only goes in the 80's if my ac isn't working like right now I have no ac fr 3 days cuz the roof is being replaced

Last edited:
Thundurkel said:
I'm not on nobody's jock bro.. I was out to prove fools wrong before I found his thread, shit I was saying watch me do it when I saw Kamels CFL guide on GC. I'm all about getting everything from Home Depot and Walmart so have fun with your hydro stores that are watched in every city. It's funny to me that I get shit for wanting to use the method but Hempy seems to be using it just fine as well so whats the big deal? Does the thought of somebody getting decent yields with CFL's bug you that much? Shit look at Buds For Less he claims you can get 8oz of bud for $50 and all CFL! Thats more outrageous

Freezerboy- Thanks I'm glad theres some growers that see what I'm trying to do

CFls represent son. i got your back. :spank:

if dr.b can be replicated successfully like he does it cool..best cfl setup ive seen was "lifeless"... that guy was good... 2 rubbermaid setups and 4 42watters in each..6 clones in one tub and five in another...and got like 113 gs dry of bubblegum in one box and 100 grams dry of sour slut in another....lord thats 213 grams of dank bud from
8 42 w cfls... thats something that should be worshiped.lower plant numbers too. 11 compared to 70+.not to mention if you add another half tub and one 42 watter and take take clones before you flower you can have it perpetual.. im sure you've seen it before....this guys thread should be stickied in the micro forum.. that guy should of had a cult like following like dr.b but it never seemed to happen. imagine setting two of those side by side and putting em in a stealth dresser...stealth 7-8 oz cfl box..it might be possible to do it with seedplants not sure.here is his thread.later

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=51381&page=7&pp=15&highlight=lifeless

Thundurkel, this is a good thread. I'm doing this same thing myself except i'm a total newb. Never grown before, ever. And my grow is going to be the most ghetto'd, hacked together thing in history. 4x30w cfl in a square foot, pc fans, etc. I wanted to start under a small HID but I shall be seeing if this method cannot be replicated by a complete and utter noob like myself. Good on ya buddy, hope it works :D

ninjashoes

thanks for putting this together

I have never doubted the doc once but one thing I havent seen is anyone being able to repeat the docs success. I think things will really hit a turning point in the cannabis world when other folk are able to come close to his setup.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
CaptainStoner said:
And my grow is going to be the most ghetto'd, hacked together thing in history. :D

You sure? did you look at my lighting fixture?? haha I took a power strip and used the plug in sockets which I hooked Y sockets up to lol I got the pc fans in my file cab/mom and clone box. I even got the dresser I'm using from the alley down the street haha I'm all about free shit even stole a couple cfl's from my laundry room! I needed them watts! :muahaha:

TnGreen- This is going to be a fun one for sure in the next few weeks I'm being gifted some Skunk#1 clones, real Purple Kush clones and some Mauwi Wowi seeds from and old school grower friend can't wait to add those to my collection
:jump:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
ninjashoes said:
thanks for putting this together

I have never doubted the doc once but one thing I havent seen is anyone being able to repeat the docs success. I think things will really hit a turning point in the cannabis world when other folk are able to come close to his setup.

Thanks man yea I feel the same way thats why I'm testing it out even though my lighting is angled we'll see what happens my first try went well and I got what I expected so I think it can be done and yes it will be a big turning point in the growing community and I wouldn't mind being a part of it :rasta:

B

Bean Curd

Thunderurke this is awesome, keep it up! GC was where I first saw Kamel's and then Dr Buds. Dr Bud pushed me over the edge and now I'm gathering supplies and info myself. You're an inspiration.

Latest posts

Latest posts