What's new

****** Sativas & Hazes *******

E

ElectroSticky

im not here to find out where is the o.haze from...

I start these thread to see how much info i can put on it regarding the lovely Hazes & Sativas !!!!!!! :bis:

:joint:
Ok ...

Pure Haze plants , obviously are sativas , and those plants got me intrigued , becouse NOT all sativas take +3months to be flowered ...

what's the deal .....
are the fast finishing ''hazes'' simply ''hybrids'' and all true sativa landraces will take +3months to finish....

Or ..

Do real PURE sativas like Colombians , Africans , Brazilians , Mexicans , Cambodians , Indians ...

Do they have ''fast fhinishing'' phenos ???

Do they even have phenos ... or real landraces are hairlooms and will not vary (that much..jejeje) ???

:rasta:
care to talk about this ?

41415DSC00144.JPG

Last edited:
L

levant

Hi ElectroSticky,
You ask some good questions.
I have no experience with pure haze, only hybrids,
but I am pretty sure pure haze does take at least 3 months.
I've heard some old timers claim it takes in excess of half a year to finish
true haze!?

As for other sativa's, they vary a lot!
I mean, there is so much diversity,
even within one landrace genepool many different pheno's can be expressed.
This is especially true with many Asian Landrace as the seasons can vary alot with the year (compared with equatorial area's)
So these strains have adapted, also there is a lot of commingling of sativa's and indicas in some regions.

There are plenty of sativa's that can finish in under 3 months of good sun.
Namely some south Africans, Mexicans, and even some "modern" Thai's.
But I don't know details.
Then there are the equatorial's such as Colombian, S.E Asian, etc.
Which can take alot longer, and be more "stubbon" to begin flowering
(they may want to stay in veg for a long time)

THEN THERE ARE THE CRAZY VINE-LIKE CREEPER SATIVA'S that no-one knows much about as they are mostly growing deep in tropical rainforest's either wild or tended to by the likes of Pygmy tribes!
Someone may call bullshit on this, and I have never seen these strains,
only heard stories.
Like 30ft+ Deep Congolese jungle ganja that only grow 3finger pencil-thin leaflets and sprawl along the rain forest floor and vine their way up trees
and flower perpetually for many months or years!?

Hehe, sorry if I've just rambled and not answered your questions very well!

Peace.
:joint:

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cambodia , Burma , Nepal and some other's produced pure sativa's which that are flowering for about 11 weeks ...

a pure Haze is ready at 20 weeks if you like it ripe ...

hope this helps a bit :wave:

Fj

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
My original haze takes around 18-19 weeks to flower but is well worth the wait,a malawi gold that takes around 15 weeks,a lao's luang prabang which takes about 16 weeks,a colombian gold which takes about 14 weeks and a mexican michoacan that takes 13 weeks,i've got other pure sativa's like zamal and a differant colombian gold line from BSC but i've not grown those out yet.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Durban Poison takes 8-9 weeks ... , really fast for a sativa ... , its a good outdoor producer

E

ElectroSticky

:rasta:

I've been reading a lot .. :muahaha:

I've seen that most ''hazes'' are a mix of Landrace Sativas .

I am particularly intrested in the Colombian & Thai/cambodian Landraces .

I've seen many many gooood ''hazes'' have been made with these ,
ex: Original Haze & Oldtimers Haze...

So , now ... it's all about the landrace ;) .. :violin:

The thing with landrace Sativas is there are so many ...

pretty much every central & south american country has a Unique ''landrace'' plant ...

Colombia alone has like 5 different landraces ..... my favorites are the Colombian Red & Colombian Purple ...being colombian purple the ''rarest'' of them all .

Thanks a lot for the input guys !!

:ying:

:jump:

Last edited:

kathmandu

columbian sativas are sick....sticky neon green minty rotten fruit goodness....used to get it in miami:)

edit- it was compressed but not flattened and like a dumbass i didnt save the few seeds found...couldnt grow legally back then:(

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
marijuanamat said:
My original haze takes around 18-19 weeks to flower but is well worth the wait,a malawi gold that takes around 15 weeks,a lao's luang prabang which takes about 16 weeks,a colombian gold which takes about 14 weeks and a mexican michoacan that takes 13 weeks,i've got other pure sativa's like zamal and a differant colombian gold line from BSC but i've not grown those out yet.

this is one mega set!!.....where would i get these old lines your talking about

that neon fruit type sounds pucka!!

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I've just recieved some durban poison and swazi red from african seeds and a mixed bunch of brazillian seeds.
:cuss: ARRRRGGGHHHH I need more space

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
kathmandu said:
columbian sativas are sick....sticky neon green minty rotten fruit goodness....used to get it in miami:)

edit- it was compressed but not flattened and like a dumbass i didnt save the few seeds found...couldnt grow legally back then:(

this sounds so good

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Well, Jamaica 85' from Cannabiogen...take's to as a haze middle November if I remember well is prepared! Nice potency, perfect to talk and laugh! also, great producer!

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Lebanese plants are Sativas and they finished early September....with a very nice yield buy as a landrace that they are not lot of potency but the thing is search for the good plants :rasta:

Non hermie Lebanese male

And with cold temps....here come's the colours!

See ya!

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
outstanding work dude

outstanding work dude

Ras Pablo said:
Lebanese plants are Sativas and they finished early September....with a very nice yield buy as a landrace that they are not lot of potency but the thing is search for the good plants :rasta:

Non hermie Lebanese male

And with cold temps....here come's the colours!

See ya!
:yummy:
can you give us a brief description of the taste? i bet the high is a lovely one :abduct: thanks for postin :kewlpics: all :)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow thats a wickid lookin plant.......that looks like a project in the making,,,

id want to cross it with a sour diesel or cheese....lol

it reminds me of the sort of stuff raco has....whats the taste like?

Last edited:

Ras Pablo

Veteran
ethereal said:
:yummy:
can you give us a brief description of the taste? i bet the high is a lovely one :abduct: thanks for postin :kewlpics: all :)

Well, the those Lebanese plants are pure landrace from La Bekaa Valley, there are some variations between taste and potency.
The taste is lemon and earthy in general, some are more citrus and other more hashy/earthy I like it a lot!! FLowering they smell more citrus/spicy strawberry.

It's a hard line, cause the hermie ratios are big....from 20 seeds I get only 1 pure female and 3 males, the other have hermie traits since some litle bannanas to real hermie plants with eggs and calyxes..so it's a hard work get pure babes.

See ya! :alien:

tan

Nepjam is good for a 9 weeker, but the nepalese used in this cross (Reeferman's Nepalese, acclimated in Vancouver Canada) has a bit of afghani in its genes to bring it from its original 11 weeks to the present 9 weeks. Nepalese usually takes 11 weeks and is not always easy indoors.

The Jamaican 85 used also has a tad of indica in it. So no, Nepjam is not 100% sativa. It has the effects, but its ceiling has been reduced because of the afghani. Still good for a 9 weeker, maybe the best available for indoor grows.