What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Da Purps: TH Seeds.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Anyone have info. on this strain? Got beans from TH Seeds directly. Really sparse information available online. Not to be confused with "THE PURPS".
Have 3 cracked and developing....eager to see if these guys turn purple and dank. Would like to hear your experiences.

accessndx

Veteran
....cricket....cricket....cricket....

(tumbleweed rolls by in the distance...)

You'd think 1 person would have some knowledge about this strain.

G

Recent reports indicate it grows as a complete Sativa...... The "Purps" are Indica, for sure. I would recommend lowering your expectations.... All bets are off.....

Rotsa Ruck.

i will grow them just give them to me ......... But for reals just enjoy your bounty "it will b very good "

smells purple, looks dark green, with purps aound the leaf tips and tops of plants, ROCK HARD BUDS, tall plants for a purple varity, Tasted like musky cali purps kinda thick almost creamy smoke.

Last edited:

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
everybody has been complaining about th seeds lately.
not getting what u pay for and whatnot.
good luck, youll need it :D

Z

zombo

Heres a couple pics of mine from a year or so ago.:
Sativa all the way.

:cuss:
not exactly what I had in mind,when I bought the seeds.
Like some others said"Good Luck"
Please do a report if you decide to grow them.

accessndx

Veteran
Well I'm already growing 3. I just have to sex them. The funny thing is that they don't seem to be stretching as much as other strains I have going on in the vegative phase. The other thing I noticed is that the leaf structure seems altogether different than mine.
As you can see a bit earlier in the thread someone had sent me a link (thanks for that) to a previous thread that included Zombo's pix. I appreciate the candor, and certainly am braced for the worst...but hopeful for the best.
I didn't only buy Da Purps from TH Seeds.....I got MK Ultra and Chocolate Chunk.
I got to reading Ed Rosenthal's Big Books of Bud....and got sucked in. I had a whole list of stuff I wanted...TH Seeds appeared reputable.

I did read in the previous thread that people believed that the beans TH Seeds were providing were just bagseed.....not sure how you'd surmise that..but I'd be curious to know how you came to that conclusion.

What's not in question here is that they've produced strains that have indeed gained some appreciation and attention as cup winners.

That being said, they could have just bought their way into Ed's book....and who knows how impartial those cups are....it could be all bullshit.

I will tell you that I don't have any f-ing room for giant ass sativas...so if they turn out like Zombo's....I'm going to personally travel back to Amsterdam and put my foot all the way up to the knee in Adam's ass....

Then I'll purchase some of the shrooms they have in the refrigerator case on my way out.

On the upside: I got some killer Paradise seeds, Nirvana seeds, Soma, Delta-9, DNA, Ceres seeds, Sensi seeds, etc.

For whatever reason I was hellbent on coming back with a genetically purple plant that was suitable for indoor growth. I'll be chapped if I got beat.

Last edited:
HDF by THSEEDS is trasH.. good for production. giant nugs...no potency/stink/taste :bashhead:

i gona call it TH DITCHSEEDS for now on...

Last edited:
E

Evgeni_Malkin

I read somewhere that Da Purps is also known as the Purple Kush

zombo said:
Sativa all the way.

still looks good but yep sativa all the way how was your take on it dry weight and buzz

KindBudKid

I read somewhere in HT that THSeeds was fixing to put out an Afghani/Trainwreck cross. I wonder what that will be like.

De La Luz

zombo said:
Sativa all the way.

These look just like the "Burmese Kush / BUKU" from THSeeds I grew out last year.... also purely hempy sativa

A waste of time, engergy, nutes & space...

Good luck with "da perps" er..."purps"

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
I haven't grown da purps, but I have a THSeeds Honeymoon about 5-6 wks in. It is the most disappointing plant that I have grown so far, including brickseed. She barely has a scent, crystals on the preflowers only. Seh showed balls just after showing hairs, then settled down. Today I picked a few bananas off :(. I can't wait to cut her down just to get rid of her lol. 'Hemp' is a good word......

SiR-GrOwS-aLoT

i have a few more of annaC BUku running if a few close ups are needed..

buku f2 IS great stuff IF u let it finish.. some can finish in 12 weeks most will go 15 or more.

gave some to my partner to run in his garden, he chopped it at 10 weeks and for all intensive perposes it was hemp..i cut one @12 weeks and it was alright smoke. he left the last one 15 weeks, that one was one hell of a mindbender

De La Luz

SiR-GrOwS-aLoT said:
i have a few more of annaC BUku running if a few close ups are needed..

buku f2 IS great stuff IF u let it finish.. some can finish in 12 weeks most will go 15 or more.

gave some to my partner to run in his garden, he chopped it at 10 weeks and for all intensive perposes it was hemp..i cut one @12 weeks and it was alright smoke. he left the last one 15 weeks, that one was one hell of a mindbender

My Buku F1 was grown at 12/12 > 10/14 for 100+ days and it was barely ok smoke. Not worth it in my opinion, especially since the thseeds description hails it as a 7 week indy wonder...
I'm glad you are digging the F2's though :joint:

accessndx

Veteran
Yeah, dunno what to say. Have 2 Da Purp gals going back into vegative growth right now. I cracked 3 beans, 2 were female, the other male. Ditched the guy. One got rather tall, while the other has a more moderate stature. Both smell like pineapple soaked in some kind of alcohol and were beginning to crystalize while sexing. Both seem to have that sativa-like leaf structure. One is a bit lankly, the other has close internodes and looks like it can be a real beast. One took almost 3 weeks to show definitive signs of female flowers, the other was like a week and change.
After reading some of the reviews about TH seeds, I'm hopeful but equivocal. I'm not going to put all my time and effort into these two Da Purps, but I'm also going to give them a run to see what they're made of.
All these bad reviews make me concerned about cracking any TH Seeds...I have Chocolate chunk, MK-Ultra, Da Purps and Heavy Duty Fruity.
People continuously state they suck ass and have horrifying genetics. I'd like to see someone with some good experience chime in.