What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wild sativas under 110w PL-L

jrw

Hello guys,

Welcome to my personal place in the micro-section.

I'm primarily growing Sativas of various kind, both bred and wild, in what I consider an ongoing experimental grow.

Info on my cab is here

Strains growing now:
None :(

Next up:
Afghani
Cotton Candy
Mango Haze
Malawi Gold
T*Haze x Skunk
Senor Garcia

Strains harvested:
Amager Outdoor 07 (unknown danish outdoor indy)
C99 x DC
C99 x SWT3
Kali Mist
Senor Garcia (Oregon Purple Thai x Panama Red)
Original Haze x SWT3
Jahwi's Joy
A5 x Thai

My plants are under 2x55w Philips PL-L, 3000K, 4800 lumens from each tube.
Thats 87 lumens pr watt if that stuff even matters.

I'm growing all organic (peat moss, mushroom compost, perlite / bloodmeal, guano, kelpmeal, basaltmeal; watering with bubbled tap water, once in a while with some seaweed extract).

Lights are on 12 hours a day all year around.

Any questions are very welcome. This will be my personal grow log :joint:

Last edited:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Sweet. I really like seeing grows like this. You should sprout like 15-20 more seeds and have your self a SOG like grow with a few topped plants plus half of them will probably be male.

Last edited:

jrw

I've got 2 ft from the floor to the tubes...

I'm simply gonna do a lot of different things to the plants to get wiser on what fits the best in this particular cabinet. I'll also leave some alone to see where they end up that way :D

Last edited:

jrw

Things are moving along nicely.

Little issues with the Senor Garcias (1-4), but it's my fault. I'm afraid they dried out :badday:

15477IMG_2155_Small_.jpg

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
If you have Photoshop, Elements, Gimp or other photo editing software, you may want to consider running "Levels" or "Histogram" on the darker shots. Just run the middle slider towards the dark. It won't win any photo awards but, it helps the class see. Think of the children. :wave:

jrw

FreezerBoy said:
If you have Photoshop, Elements, Gimp or other photo editing software, you may want to consider running "Levels" or "Histogram" on the darker shots.

Thanks for the advice :)

jrw

Connoisseur300 said:
Ouch!!!!!!!

Ye. Still need to perfect my germination technique. The beans are cheap though (like 10 dollars for 10-12 seeds) so I just through some new ones in water.

tngreen

Veteran
exciting, we never get to see these pure sativas in a familiar environment. i will definitely be in on this one. :lurk:

jrw

tngreen said:
exciting, we never get to see these pure sativas in a familiar environment. i will definitely be in on this one. :lurk:
Welcome tngreen :D
You seem to be a very experienced micro/cfl grower. Homemade lighting ficture and all :joint:

I've grown Kali Mist before and I loved the smoke, so now I'm gonna hunt for more different pure sativas that suits my taste.

Kali Mist under 2x125W CFL 2700K (Hashplant in the background)

Here are some more detailed pics of my lighting ficture

Last edited:

Dhor

u gotta be the microgrow champ of dk mayn! :)

well.. nice to see another grow from u.

how did u connect the pc-fan to some kind of electricity?

best regards!

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
How much do you expect to get out of the Kali under that many watts? Those buds must be lighter than feathers.:)

jrw

Connoisseur300 said:
How much do you expect to get out of the Kali under that many watts? Those buds must be lighter than feathers.:)
I dont weigh since I dont have a weight. I feel confident that I will get enough to satisfy my own needs overall. I'll probably get enough for ~3 weeks light daytime smoking (I'm not in to this getting all oblitterated/stoned out/tired not being able to do anything).

The above image of the Kalis are captured a good time earlier than harvest and they were flowered imidiately after rooting. With my very much improved soilmix I'll come close to the same yield flowering from seed. Perhaps :D Time will tell.

Last edited:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
How tall did thay get? In the pic it looks like 6 to 9 inches?? I figured all kalimist stretched more than that.

jrw

Aware,
Thank you and welcome :D

Connoisseur300,
These two pictures gives you a good idea of how Kali Mist strecth under CFLs.

Kali Mist clones straigth under 12/12 when rooted

Kali Mist closing in on harvest time (Hashplant in the front to the right)

jrw

Here's an update on the baby sativas :joint:

01-04: Senor Garcia
05-10: Jahwi's Joy from Ghana
11-15: Kali Mist
16-18: Amager 07 (my own outdoor cross)

In 0.35l TEKU pots.

Dhor, here you see what I use to power my Yate Loon fans. A 9 volt charger I had laying around from something I forgot what was.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts