What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250W CFL in old bar-cabinet (9 cubic ft total)

jrw

Check my new cabinet (hope its small enough for this section).

I'll be growing Lemon Swizz x Godzilla Grape (breederbrad) 100% organic in here very soon.

2x125 Eco-Light 2700K CFLs and a SystemAir RVK125 fan with filter on top.

Quick rundown:
- 3 square feet
- 82 watts / 6000 Luhmens pr sq foot.
- Dimmer on fan = VERY, VERY silent.
- Inside dimensions: 25" wide x 20" deep x 35" high.

Outside dimensions: 2.3 ft wide x 1.6 ft deep x 4 ft high

Home made bar cabinet (bought for 15 dollars).

Overview - intake along the sides and light trap with opening in the middle beneath.

Ready for soil and seeds :)

Ventilation on top, hung i bungy cords.

Please ask away! This cabinet have come a long way :D

PICTURE ROUND-UP

Last edited:

ScatMan

Really nice, you did a great job designing that. Get some seeds in there and crank it up so we can all see it in action! Ill be around.

jrw

rkrone said:
nice, do you plan to veg or go 12/12 from seed?
Yes, thats the question :)

I plan on germing 10-12 seeds and ending up in 6.5 liter containers. I have a scrog screen ready and a little experience LSTing. I have 20 inches from the floor to the bulbs :)

What do you guys think?

I'll be running perpetually and the seeds available are cheap F1 and F2s.

When suggeting anything, please consider a whole year growing and not just a single grow.

G

if you have another space that you could put a mother into dont scrog this first run, but instead get some clones of a female then run perpetual scrog, nothing is a bigger pain than vegging to fill a screen only to have to un-weave a male plant from the screen.

if you dont have a space for mothers i would go 12/12 from seed with lst and just keep putting new seeds in the place of males when they show up, another form of perpetual

J-Roc

dude!
that is the tightest cab ive ever seen!
sucks it grows children.. not weed
great job!

jrw

Thanks a lot Styr and J-Roc! :wave:

Right now I have 2 Hashplant and 2 Kali Mist mothers on my desk next to me under a 12 watt daylight CFL bulb. It probably sounds lame, but it works. They produce nice cuttings. Not often, but often enough :)

Im gonna grow a new strain this time around though.

My plan is to top them after the second confirmed sideshoot, so that I'll have 4 main colas on each plant. I'll LST all of them, keeping them even i hight. 1-2 weeks before in need to transplant them from 1.7 liters to 6.5 liters I'll swicth the lights. The cabinet can hold 12 1.7 liter containers and 6 6.5 liters. This way I'll have 6 females (hopefully) out of 12 seeds, in 6.5 liter containers and these females will be scrogged till harvest time.

Next time around, I'll try 12/12 from seed straight up :)

After that, I'll try a full blown scrog with to cuttings from either the Hashplants or the Kali Mists in 11 liter containers.

Ofcourse, none of this will go as planned. It never does :headbange

G

Sounds good man, and trust me good kali mist is never lame :) should work great for rooting, and strait to flower.

waydee

Looks almost identical to my cabinet! will love to see your results with the CFLs as I only use 2x70watt HPS.

Grow on! great work k+

jrw

waydee said:
Looks almost identical to my cabinet! will love to see your results with the CFLs as I only use 2x70watt HPS.
I've been thinking a lot about 150W HPS instead. Cheaper and probably more buds.

How are you handling the heat? Lets see your cab :)

EDIT: Found your thread. How much have you dimmed the fan? Im running mine at around 50%. Would that be ok for around 150W HPS?

Last edited:
G

iSHACKABUKU said:
Could a cab of this size handle a 250W.

it already has 250w, do you mean a 250 HID light of some kind?

with the right ventilation and cooling anything is possible

jrw

I'd say 250W HPS would be too much for my fan on 50-60%.

Anything above that is unacceptable to my sensitive ears :)

BTW, Im still waiting for the seeds. They should arrive shortly. Actually, I thought they would've been here today. Im a little anxiuos :)

Anyways, I'll germ them on sunday (parents in law coming saturday).

Last edited:
G

why not just run some cuts of your moms? and throw the seeds in whenever they get there?

jrw

I just wanna fill this cabinet with one strain at a time.

Plants in different stages (and pots) will make a mess, both horizontally and vertically, in a space this small.

I'll loose space basically.

And besides that, I've flowered clones from these mums before, and they went 84 days (thats 12 weeks) - both the Hashplants and the Kali Mists! Whats up with that??!?

One other Kali Mist pheno, that I ditched went flowering for 124 days - thats 17 weeks.

I'm a man of respect for F2 seeds grown from seed :D

G

well more power to ya then brotha, and have fun....i also have beans that i cant wait to pop.

Latest posts

Latest posts