What's new

Six Strawberry Cream's from APE!! 1K Organic

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Today I picked up 6 cuttings of Strawberry Cream from SVC, via APE. Built a little makeshift Clone cabinet to last until I get them in the big room when the other grow is cut in a few days.

The cabinet just has 2 T5s as you can see. Going on 18-6.

Fox Farm all the way w/ Ocean Forest Soil, Rhizotonic, Grow Big, Big Bloom, and the supplements Open Seseme, Beastie Bloomz, and Cha Ching, and lastly good old Molasses.

Using a 1000 watt Sun System Ballast, Switchable between HPS/MH with Sun System Yield Master II - 4 Inch Reflector with glass insert and an Eye Hortilux HPS bulb. When the babies get into the big room I'll switch it to the SunMaster MH bulb. One end with 4inch ducting which passes through a 180 CFM inline fan, through a Y connector and out the door. Air from the room gets sucked through a 4 inch axil fan at end of the light.

On the other end of the Y connector is a Eclipse 210cfm quiet inline with a Deau Passe Charcoal Filter on it.

Temp tends to be around 83 but can vary between 75-86 depending on time of day and other factors

Humidity stays between 40 and 50 with the help of a cheap humidifier.

f_jan111m_1515012.jpg

f_jan112m_6873a9f.jpg

f_DSC0003m_bf0ae71.jpg

f_DSC0004m_3c91d84.jpg

f_DSC0005m_42cd09a.jpg

f_DSC0008m_6390b52.jpg

f_DSC0009m_d162e1c.jpg

A Few Pics of the Setup (pic of light is older, have added axil fan since)

f_DSC0004m_5f9cba9.jpg

f_DSC0002m_3ad7f6e.jpg

Last edited:

Dragor

Nice headiez... I'll be watching this one closely as I have my own SCreme lady I'm caring for, from the same source as yours ahhhyeah gotta love the svc-ape combo! SCreme is definitely is a stretcher though that's for sure, I topped mine and she's getting pretty bushy, I would suggest doing it if you don't want tall plants, although she might still outstretch my cab, even with CMH bulb all the way thru flowering

Last edited:

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Dragor,

Nice! Glad someone else has another lady just like mine. I've been told by a bunch to top, gotta look up the thread here to see how to do it as I haven't done it before and am a little nervous. I'm in the midst of cleaning out the grow room from the last batch, I'll probably throw them in under the 1k MH starting tomorrow.

What kind of nutes you givin it? Heavy feeder? I gave the clippings a tiny amount of Grow Big and Rhizotnic so far. Will have updated pics tomorrow.

Dragor

yo Headiez yea this is gonna be fun, this strawberry creme is one of the strongest tasting herbs out there, if not for its potency, its worth growing it just for the sheer pleasure of smoking it (mind you organogro)... topping is super cakewalk my friend, just find the part of the apical meristem (topmost tip part) that you can see the obvious main stalk below it, take a pair of super sharp sheers (friskars or razor blade) and make one clean stroke through the stem at a 45degree angle, as close to the next level of branches as possible but make sure you do not damage the node area, including the tiny hairs that protrude at the nodes (basically don't get TOO close). Hope that helped but I'll get ya a pic later when my ladies are awake.. oh ya when you transplant them you should plant them pretty deep in the soil better stability as a plant because the main trunk will start forming roots over time and hold up the funky branched plant!

EDIT: Heard from the ape that she's super easy to grow and very vigorous, copious amounts of buds with copious amounts of tall resin glands, a spectacle to see and a delightful indulgence! I would watch out for heat shock cause I think mine slightly felt it going in from cfl's into cmh lighting (but then again i'm a renewb to growing so it was probably op error). peace

Last edited:

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Dragor,

Sorry for the delay bro, but I got my camera back and have some pics of the girls. They have been under the 1k MH for 1 day now.

f_jan111m_1977c62.jpg

f_jan112m_a97e7b5.jpg

Dragor

Lookin nice there bro :) those girls have a real BRIGHT future ahead of them it looks to be! and plenty of space to sprawl out, which they will surely need! I have some pics of her to share now that she's beginning to throw calyxes here and there...
Her yesterday, on the 4th bloom day
ScremeDay4.jpg

Check out this sweet trait of hers, looped/heart/strawberry-shaped pistil formations!
SCremePistil1.jpg
SCremePistil2.jpg
SCremePistil3.jpg

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Nice shots, I like how your a few weeks ahead of me, gives me something to look forward to. Looks like we are getting close to "topping" time ya?

The feeding schedule thus far:

f_feeding119m_916cbce.jpg

Shots taken tonight

f_babes004m_4166511.jpg

f_babes001m_c170bc2.jpg

f_babes002m_b2069c3.jpg

hurricane

Those ladies look nice, i especially like the room too. Converted closet it looks like, but a nice sized one. How big is it?

Hurricane

Dragor

headiez nnnice shots and good progress on them... I would definitely go ahead and top them, the sooner the better, so they start to branch out from the bottoms more quickly and you'll be ready to flower within a week or two max. As far as feeding schedule goes, I have not done extensive use of ferts, I try to keep all feeds within the soil itself and supplement as needed, best to ya, peace up

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Dman,

Looks like they are about ready to move into the 2 gallon square pots judging from this pic:

f_roots007m_e522289.jpg

Was planning on doing that tonight.

While in the room earlier I found one of these flying:

f_bugm_e2e294b.jpg

During the final stages of my last grow I found about 10 or so of these chillin at the bottom of the stem. Not sure if they are dangerous or not but thought it might be relevant. My place is really sterile I have no clue where it came from maybe the dirt?

Anyway looks like its time to top so I'm gonna do that and will be back with pics

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Ok so here they are transplanted and topped. Gave them a good helping of half tap half filtered water. Also attached some tubing from one of the central air vents and led it into the room to cool it off a little more.

f_transplant0m_2171bf0.jpg

B

BlueberryNutz

those are some nice looking clones youve got going. hope they turn out well for ya

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
hurricane

It's about 5 feet wide by 4 feet deep. Seems to be working out size wise as of now.

Dragor

Sweeeet...
Transplant looks solid dude, nice pots (I need to change to squares next go around), and nice fairly even canopy so far. You should have your whole room filled with endless vines drooping with coated strawberry creme dankness soon! They are very quick to flower, stretch outwards quite a bit (not much upwards, if you topped). So far they don't smell like much and don't have much of a shimmer to their tops but I'm sure that'll change drastically in a week or two :) Keep it up headie
edit: here's my new grow thread btw http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=1478006#post1478006
peace...

Last edited:

Dragor

Yo Headie - just caught your little update - wow kick ass dude they grew a good amount, very fast growers indeed you are gonna love this strain, I know I am already ;)
One thing's got me worried today and I'm looking into the problem right now - my Creme has a case of powdery mildew I think (first experience with this disease), and its only on the original fan leaves from the clones, the ones that are now yellowing. Check yours out and see what's up too in case, since we got from same location (albeit a month apart) -

Last edited:

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Yo. Ya I got that too I'm a little nervous and sorta want to know what the hell it is. If i blow real hard a lot of it goes away. I can't Private Message people yet maybe you should hit up Ape or X____ whatever his name is who claimed it to be his in the CA clone thread. Heres a pic

f_s016m_7517de6.jpg

Dragor

Sup brotha - I pm'ed APE and dropped some pics in my ccc thread so we'll see what pops up about this... I am pretty sure its powdery mildew and I was thinking it started because I had my Screme close to the intake vent the last couple days so that may have increased the humidity in that corner... sheesh... this all blows, especially when the rest of the plant is doing so fantastic... I'm gonna run to the store before it gets too late and get some organic fungicide, I already sprayed with high pH water so hope this all goes away soooooooon!
SCremePMildew1.jpg

Last edited:

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Yo Dragathon,

Hows your mildew situation goin? I got some organic Mildew Cure spray and haven't seen any signs of it since I applied it 2 days ago.

Gonna get you some updated pics soon, they are about 14 inches now lookin good. There's one thats smaller then the rest but the other 5 are thrivin.

How long did you veg for? I brought them home on the 13th of January, though they were under T5's for about 5 days or so.

Pics to come soon.

Latest posts

Latest posts