What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Favorite Metal bands!!

TC84

I had a big metal thread back on OG so I thought i would finally start one here. So post ur favorite metal/hard rock bands and any/favorite shows youve seen.

Lately ive been jammin:

My Down bootleg dvd from '95 - Great dvd

Cryptopsy - Endless Cemetary, Carronshine

Hypocrisy - Final Chapter, Inseminated Adoption, Rosewll 47 and Live dvd

Neil Young

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Pantera - Far Beyond Driven

Rammstein

Pink Floyd and others

Last show I saw was the Metal Blade 25th Anniversary tour with Cannibal Corpse, Black Dahlia Murder, Goatwhore, and the Absence - Was a rockin show

:joint: :headbange :joint:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
ehh? since when have the Floyd been metal? :smile:

gotta start with the oldschool stuff i guess .... Slayer, Sepultura, Pantera, Metallica. Slayer especially

Also i dont mind a bit of Shihad, Sunk Loto, Superheist

Does hair metal count!?!? I dont mind a bit of Def Lep, Guns n Roses and even a bit of Motley Crue

Fear Factory, Biohazard, Ministry ...

Death metal? Hard to go past Cannibal Corpse, Carcass, Obituary

Black metal ... Diabolical Masquerade, Opeth, Nagflar (as u can tell i prefer black metal with more melodic aspects - i love it when it drops off to accoustic guitar for example before blasting back with powerchords), Satyricon, Kreator

A couple of Aussie metal acts i like include Blood Duster, DamageD, Armoured Angel, Abramelin and Alchemist

i play Fender Stratocaster and Ibanez RG 2550 Prestige and use Double Bass Mania 2 for all my metal drum loops *drool* 8)

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
You must be old then. grin

Sabbath and Venom and all that are too old to be considered oldschool now, they get elevated to 'pioneer' status now ;)

tuco

Oh man. I stopped listening to metal in my teens after I discovered groups like Sonic Youth and now I mostly stick to post rock - bands like Godspeed You Black Emeror. :rasta:

but...

My all time favourite metal band was Nuclear Assault. They made one of the greatest thrash/speed metal songs of all time, Brainwashed. Killer stuff.

Best metal band ever? Spinal Tap

Nigel%20rocking.jpg

Stonehenge! Where the Demons dwell

S

sow the seeds

Slayer, slayer, slayer, iron maiden, motorhead, judas priest, dio, sabbath, SLAYER!!!

D0nC0smic

oh yea motorhead, "who would win in a fight, Lemmie or god" "ummm Lemmie" " trick question, Lemmie is god" that ****ing growth on his cheek is even bigger in person that it is in any picture i've seen, but they were the orginal speed metal, and really a precursor to punk

Ruosk

Pink Floyd and Neil Young hardly count as metal, great music though.

Favourite metal bands for me right now, probably Electric Wizard, Darkthrone, Scepticism. Gloomy stuff for gloomy season.

edit: Oh yeah, some one mentioned CARCASS... They are doing reunion gig next summer, can't wait. Really hope they play some old grind stuff from Reek of the Putrefaction and Symphonies of Sickness, though they probably won't.

Last edited:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Ruosk,
Oh yeah, some one mentioned CARCASS
That was me motherfo :p

The guitarwork of Carcass is exceptional and very unique as you know - as soon as you hear one riff you know it's Carcass ... :)
Guitarist Michael Amott is currently with Arch Enemy (who've got female Angela Gossow on death vocals!), i haven't heard much of them yet but I love his guitarwork in 'We Will Rise'

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
hey tc84 your thread on og was great. I remember bluntomatic being in there recommending samael - ceremony of opposites, that album is what got me into real metal.... ah memories

some of my favourite bands right now

isis
arcturus
ulver
infected mushroom (not metal, but great for chillin)

RottenDawg

PANTERA!!!

PANTERA!!!

PANTERA is the most kick ass metal band ever to walk the face of this planet. I love the R&R stuff, Zep, Hendrix... But fot metal, PANTERA is it!!!...........RD