What's new

Sammet's Sensational Sensimilla Shindig

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome to Sammet's Sensational Sensimilla Shindig! :joint:

Strains: DP Skywalker, Oasis, White Widow, Twilight, MasterKush and Green Spirit.

Now added new strains: BB Cheese and Sweet Tooth.

Budbox XL
600w Cooltube
+ 250W blue spectrum Envirolight

Budbox mini
200W blue Envirolight

:wave: Alright?

Bit about me: I'm a med user in the UK. I have problems with depression/insomnia and have been able to stay asymptomatic for the past year without prescription pharmacueticals due to cannabis use. I'm easy going and always willing to chat with/help other growers so pull up a chair and enjoy my grow diary. :rasta:
Some of you might have seen my grow at the end of the summer (DP Strawberry Cough, MK and Twilight), but this time I've made some improvements (temps, different nutes-earth juice, fytocell, mychorrizae, less plants so more space!). Will have more photos/info when I get round to actually potting them. I'm using the same BudBox XL and 600W cooltube too.

For anyone who hasn't seen my last grow here are some pics:[/B]

]

Last edited:

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Got my chair pulled up for the pics bro. You got some strains goin that i am interested in maybe startin myself.

C

Cibin

Thanks Sammet for this opportunity to see bunch of different strains from DP!
I am very interested in the Skywalker.. the parentage seems to be excellent, but reports i´ve seen were not as good..

Will follow your thread for sure.
Good luck man!

Cibin

(and excuse my bad english please..)

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cibin said:
Thanks Sammet for this opportunity to see bunch of different strains from DP!
I am very interested in the Skywalker.. the parentage seems to be excellent, but reports i´ve seen were not as good..

Will follow your thread for sure.
Good luck man!

Cibin

(and excuse my bad english please..)

Interesting, I've heard good things about Skywalker from other growers I know. I think DP has a bit of a bad rep (part of the reason I'm doing this thread is to show that DP have good beans) so I'll let the bud do the talking when it's grown :) It's all subjective though ain't it? :joint:

I'm certainly looking forward to this grow.

edit: Cibin, nothing wrong with your english mate :wave:

Last edited:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Wow Sam
What a start to your thread, you are going to need to really put it on, to follow up with this start.

I already have this one tagged dude

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cheers DD, I just had a peek at the seed in germination, 4/6 have a small tap root already after 12 hours :D

Anyone want to play, Guess which two haven't sprouted yet? :smoker:

Last edited:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dr Dog said:
skywalker and oasis

Ooo so close, the Twilight and Oasis. Now it's just the Oasis that hasn't popped yet. 5/6. I hope the Oasis germs, I've never grown any type of Northern Lights, yet it's one of the strains I've heard lots about. If It hasn't sprouted in by tomorrow, I'm gonna start a Strawberry Cough bean (even though I've got cough coming out of my ears).

I'll get some more pics up later. :wave:

Shot's of all the beans, ferts, soil mix all to come! :jump:

Last edited:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pics tomorrow after I'm back from lectures. Just spent ageeeees writing an essay on genetics in captive breeding. Man my brain is fried.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Couldn't leave you hanging like that, here's a taster:

21338skywalker.jpg

21338Skywalker16111.jpg

First scale is 1cm.
Second scale is 3cm.

Last edited:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's some shots of the taproot before I put them in the soil :wave:

21338Whitewidow1511.jpg

21338Twilight1511.jpg

21338Skywalker16111.jpg

21338Masterkush1511.jpg

21338Green_Spirit1.jpg

Still no sign of the Oasis :(

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's my soil mix I use for my babies, good organic stuff with low ferts (added some epsom salts to the intial mix too):

Plagron light-mix.

21338plagron.jpg

I mixed in about 20% Fytocell.

Some info on Fytocell:

Fytocell® is a light and stable spongy aminoplast resin, with a dry matter content varying from 10-30kg/m3 and water absorption of 60%. It is entirely biodegradable and harmless to the environment. Fytocell® is ideal for improving the structure of mineral soil and as partial substitute for peat in potting soil.

Fytocell® has been extensively tested for application in nursery stock. The results of which are without a doubt fantastic. Generally speaking, with the addition of Fytocell® to the potting soil an obvious improvement in the quality of the roots; number of branches and improvement in the complete plant system is achieved.

Worth trying out I thought, we'll see if there's any noticable difference.

Here's another soil improver I'm using, mixed in with the soil initially: B.A.C Funky Fungi mycorrhizae:

B.A.C. Funky Fungi consists among others of 4 types of Mycorrhizas. By applying these fungi in combination with our B.A.C. stimulators, they will more rapidly and constantly concentrate around the root system of your plants. The term Mycorrhiza comes from Greek and means ‘fungus root’. It is a symbiosis of plants with certain fungi. Mycorrhiza fungi are essential for the survival of all plants in nature. They are perfectly adapted to find water and minerals in the soil and pass these through to the plant. The plant, in its turn, produces the necessary carbon skeletons which serve as nutrients for the fungus. Both parties benefit from each other and that is the reason why more than 99% of all plants form this symbiosis. These fungi grow in and around the plant roots. From the roots they develop further into the soil where they create a dense maze of fine fungus threads. This enlarges the root system, resulting in an improved absorption of water and minerals like phosphorous, potassium and trace elements. The fungi can access soil cavities that are too small for the plant roots and make bonded elements available for absorption by the plant.

21338Funky.jpg

21338Funky2.jpg

And here are my Nutes, all organic:

21338earthjuice.jpg

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good news! The oasis bean finally popped! woohoo, 2 days later than the others lol :D

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hi Sammet,

Nice set up and strains choice !
You're a DP fan ? :)
All the best, see ya!

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea I'm a Dutch Passion fan :) Initially, they were the only feminised beans I could get hold of and I've stuck with them since.

100% germ rate with all DP beans so far :D

Cheers for stopping by! Might have some seedling photos up tomorrow.

hanfiking

hah love the simple stylish design looks great! White widow has also been known to produce the odd freak purple pheno ;)
I've been looking for that fungi stuff for ages, obviously it's natural out in the forests but I'm not really gonna get some earth from outside for a ganja grow who knows what's in it.
Anyway Good Luck, I'll be back soon to be astonished and to critisize :D PEACE out buddy

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Argh, discovered today that the "heat proof metallic tape" that I used to seal off the end of the cool tube isn't so heat proof :badday: It seems to have come apart at the support and swung down and knocked my seedlings onto the floor :badday:

The Green Spirit looks like the only survivor at the moment :(

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Been there with stuff like that before dude
Whenever I use tape, I normally back it up with staples, Have had too many things comes crashing down on my head.

Dont give up on everyone just yet, they still may pull through