What's new

HOt Shot no Pest Strips

romdog11

I would like to know how many of you have used these for mite and mite prevention and if you used it with the lights on etc the conditions.

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
ive heard good things about em, i will use them on my own grow some day soon. i think you just leave em on the floor through the whole grow.

vavwl

I've had a mite problem twice now and got rid of them with the no pest strips. If you use them early on you can easily kill all the mites. If your plant is large you may have to put the plant in a bag with the strip for a day.

Arkaya

I thought these weren't supposed to be healthy to have around your plants (and people and pets) because they contain Dichlorvos?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dichlorvos

I have used them but will only take them out of the bag and hang inside the grow for about a day. After a day I put it back into a sealed bag until I need it again.

marley1

yeah ive used em too, just hang 2 of em 1 in the middle of hte plants and 1 above them, seemed to work for 10 bucks

G

pumping gas is bad for you to probably worse...in case you havent notice humans are pretty unhealthy...you included...i dont use the no-pest strips unless i have a outbreak..if i have a outbreak good by to it in 24 hrs...no pest is the h-bomb for those borg..peace
Arkaya said:
I thought these weren't supposed to be healthy to have around your plants (and people and pets) because they contain Dichlorvos?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dichlorvos

I have used them but will only take them out of the bag and hang inside the grow for about a day. After a day I put it back into a sealed bag until I need it again.

G

No pest strips and nerve gas come to mind.It just scares me.I have good success with insect soap and pytherins. Not paying attention was what screwed me.These are hot dry mites and misting stops them. I have heard of resistant mites.Guess i would get some pest strips.

chosen

Veteran
I actually like neem oil. I don't like the idea of using something that toxic unless I'm bug bombing a room that has nothing in the room at all.

Father Jack

I love the no pest strips. You get peace of mind. The spider mites just die. I have tried every spray out there...and they just laughed at my potions. They didn't laugh anymore when I set off a no pest bomb in the room...and hung a strip in the ceiling.

Drink!

G

Used a combo of DynaGro Neem oil & No Pest Strips (which can be found a Lowes) & seems to have knocked em dead..

* Just left it hanging for 3 days then put the strip in a ziplock for a 5 day wait.

Did that cycle 3 times to kill the entire colony - Eggs / Moms / Dads / Kids / Different stages of the mother ****ers..

:wave:

Last edited:

romdog11

now my mind is it ease. i lost my crop because i didnt know about the no pest strips but now i have 2 hanging in my room. thanks for all the input guys all you rock.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
brainthor said:
pumping gas is bad for you to probably worse...in case you havent notice humans are pretty unhealthy...you included...i dont use the no-pest strips unless i have a outbreak..if i have a outbreak good by to it in 24 hrs...no pest is the h-bomb for those borg..peace

So, we should hurt are selfs more? If your already causing damage to yourself, I would think we would want to minimize other harms that we have control over. But as you said, to each his own.

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
These no-pest strips, I have never used them nor seen them. How exactly do they work and what do they look like? I am in need of some soon. Any main chains in Canada carry them, or do I have to go to a hydro shop?

TGT

G

exactly
Mr Celsius said:
So, we should hurt are selfs more? If your already causing damage to yourself, I would think we would want to minimize other harms that we have control over. But as you said, to each his own.

THCzr

seems like the no pest strips helped with thrips, but my homies (mites) don't even notice the no pest strips, they just keep right on humping.

imo Azatrol, or Floramite are your best options for pest control, perhaps the no pest strips work when the infestation is in its infancy, but once they have a foothold on your ladies, good luck....

THC

lighterfuel

I heard on another site that NO PEST kills MITES in their tracks - even said that they were dead upon emerging from their eggs! Lol! I went out and bought 2 for a small area that I was having issues with (Classic - who else but a Pot grower is at home depot 5 minutes before close on a weeknite desperately trying to find a garden product). The strips did nothing in my grow! I was pissed and will never use those again.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
I have not had to much trouble with pests in my indoor garden, but sometimes those premixed bagged soils come with a lil something extra living in them. Fungus gnats I find are commonly found in the bags kept/sold from outside gardening sections..

These no pest strips work, but not if you continue to run your intake/exhaust fans for circulation while ur using them, and not if your grow room is large, and wide open.. They work great in confined smaller areas such as closets, and grow box type setups. When I'm treating an outbreak I shut down intake/exhaust through the night/lights out period, and remove the strips in the morning when the fans kick back on. They really need that build up time without exhausting to be as effective as they can be.

When they first starting putting these out they were strong enough to take down flying insects mid air, but for safety reasons they had to dilute the dose which is not as effective in open -well circulated areas where u may need more then 1, and may need to shut of exhuast/intake for a period for best results..

Latest posts

Latest posts