What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Masterlow Microgrow Grow Diary!

grease99

Okay, so I'm back at school, my box is complete, and my seed is in the soil. This will be my first grow so I'm pretty anxious/excited.

Here's the specs of my setup:

2 X 42W CFL @ 2700K
1 X 27W CFL @6500K
1 120V 80mm 17CFM fan....probably too small....damnit!

my box is an average rubbermaid garbage can with black paint followed by foil tape and emergency blankets to insulated the light. my lights hang from the lid via a chain. I made a homemade scrog as you can see. Im using just average potting soil w/ some peat moss. I also have vegging nutes (24-8-16) and plan on getting flowering nutes( 8-20-8) or something. Temps might be a little high but im hoping she'll be fine anyways. since masterlow is autoflowering, I plan on growing in on 18/6 the whole time. However once this plant get about a foot/ I will clone a branch from her and get another one started so I will have a continuous cycle. it's far from perfect but is should work. advice? critisism? comments? this is only the start....

:redface:

Last edited:
W

WeldFlash420

Hey guy, cool set up. You're plan sounds good until you got to the cloning of the master low. Being an autoflowering plant you're cutting will just continue to flower and it won't yeild much. But if you keep a male separate and make beans you'll have enough beans to keep yourself growing for along time bro. Check out my gallery for some master low pics. Good luck on your grow and shine on. :joint:

Styr

Nice setup. Looks a little bit less conspicuous than two rubbermaids stacked together in the 'wrong' way, too!

I noticed the screen. You planning on using SCRoG? I've heard that using that technique can make it a real pita when you try to remove a male from the screen. Since you didn't mention it, I thought I might bring it up.

WeldFlash brings up a good point. You should aim for nonstop seeds in that setup. You'll have seeded bud, but with a lot of continuous seeds coming in, you'll be able to 'fill the hole' more easily when a male pops up and it gets the chop.

D

d4.

What are the temps with that 17 cfm fan? Cool spot you have it in, very stealth.

you should try and point the cfls down. They have more output at the point. YOu can kinda see in the picture how theres a large bright spot on your sidewall in that trashcan. looks great though peace.

peace

grease99

Good news. So the seed was successfully germd and now has just broken surface. This will be known as Day 1. Sorry, I still don't know what the temps are inside the container.

G

keep the light close as j roc said, im not sure how an autoflower will fare under a scrog seeing as it chooses flower time not you, but its a nice setup and to answer your question high 80's Fahrenheit is too hot for most plants. a thermometer is a very helpful inexpensive utensil in a growers arsenal...so go pick one up!

Damn! Even just from Day 5-8... Theres a whole new growth with side leaves off the main 4... AMAZING! I hope you keep updating pics like this.. It'll be interesting to see a grow from day to day.. or every other couple days haha.. Man.. Cant wait till I get my PC cage built and have a go at it!

Anyways.. I'm pullin up a chair and a coke an rum! I'd pack a bowl if I wasnt applying for jobs too >_<

Best of luck dude!

Latest posts

Latest posts