What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

North Vietnamese strain????

Hi friends, i open this trhead because i need help for find any seeds of this region, i know that it´s very difficult, very very very difficult but if anyone know anything, any bank, any breeder, any guy... i could be the happiest grower of the world. This is very important for me, like to ethipian strains. Grow vietanemese landrace, pure sativa, next to ethiopian strain, is the first of my dreams like to cultivator. Thanks for read me.

Thanks for all, i hope to be able to help in the future. :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface:

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Last edited:

Grandad

I sent seeds from vietnamese weed to a guy on OG when I was there.

as far as I know he sent them onto cannabiogen in Spain to work with. Havent seen or heard anythiong since (OG is obviously gone)

South Vietnam is full of weed like this:

There is very little weed available in the north though. None practically that I came across.

Best of luck. You'll get loads of seeds if you go there. Especially in Nha Trang.

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
nha trang is tight. check out dalat. it is in the mountains and is cool all year round. some army vet was talkin about flying over 30 ft sativas there and he got the beans from some farmers. be careful in the north. if you do "no no's" in ho chi minh territory, there will be no mercy for you. it is best to know some vietnamese in case you get into some trouble and have no bribe money...

grandad ~ where did u get that nugget in the south? how was the quality/smoke?

Grandad

Ic00p4 they are definitely growing lots of it there so if you go to places like Dalat (theres some great threads here about dalat arent there?) you are likely to find it growing IU reckon. You're right though, I wouldnt mess with the law there- especially up north. Its like a different country. North vietnamese officialdom is scary.

I bought ounces of the stuff pictured in Nha trang for 20$ per.

Most of it is nice light sativa. Not overwhelming- Thai weed was much better cured and seemed stronger. This stuff would keep you awake at night:

The only really different weed we found in SE Asia was in Laos. We got a heavy indica there which was a welcome change by that stage! It knocked us on our asses.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Grandad,

i pmed you about the Nah Trang vietnamese but i think you are under 50 pm limit to read it. I received some Nah Trang vietnamese and Laos seeds years ago, very probably from you , they were sent by dreadz, a brazilian friend. I'd like to thank you if seeds were recollected by you in origin.

I hadn't have good hand germinating Laos seeds but had better luck with Nah Trang vietnamese. She grew totally like a pure nam, bushy and leafy, green light sativas, producing sour, spicy and citric aromas, almost like a homegrown thai but more lemony, like a pure nam should be. I find vietnamese sativas very similar to thais, but vietnamese is more lemony and effect is happier,shorter,clearer and more friendly than thais, thais are denser and long lasting.

Your Nah Trang vietnamese grew and flower almost indentical to dalat, same kind of aromas, growing and flowering structure, kind of high, but Nah Trang vietnamese flowered one month earlier and was hermie free. Nah Trang finishes in about 16 weeks while dalat needs 20 or more.

This kind of SE asian sativas usually produce low male ratios, couldn't germinate enough seeds to find a male and reproduce her.

Here's the vietnamese Nah Trang finishing past season at early december. Sorry for pic, it doesnt make justice to the plant but you can get an idea.

Last edited:

Grandad

Wow.

It was dreadz that I sent them to 3 or 4 years ago! Is he still around? Pity the Laos didnt work- I really would like to know more about that variety

I remember dreadz wasnt too happy with my packaging but at least you got some females. Sorry you didnt get enough seeds to get some males also.

Amazing to see this. And I'm real happy they ended up with you- you had the threads about dalat also as far as I remember.

You obviously have the weather and theskills to get good results!

Hope you enjoyed the final product. I certainly enjoyed seeing your photos and description.

Amazing that the bud in my photo above was from the same bag as the seed that the plant in your photo came from (if that makes sense!).

-G.

Last edited:

Grandad

This makes me want to go somewhere else and do it again.

I think I've missed my calling in life. I'll have to have a chat with the girlfriend. Afghanistan here we come.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello Grandad,

it's a pleasure to meet you and know who recollected the genetics in origin.

Dreadz, was a good friend, he also sent me manga rosa seeds years ago. I havent talked with him since OG fall, i hope he's fine, if you are still in contact with him please let me know, i'd love to talk again with him.

Yes, it was a pitty that i couldn't germinate Laos or more Nah Trang seeds. I think seeds travelled a lot and had a few years, i only received a few so not the best conditions to do a reproduction. I still keep the Nah Trang mother in clone form, it's a fine example of SE asian phenotype.

Yes, we have grown here a few vietnamese dalats and did a reproduction 3 years ago. It's a difficult sativa line to work with ... flowering time is around 20-24 weeks, plants love to grow huge indoors, half plants germinated or more were hermie females, 25-30 % pure females, about 5-10% hermie males and less than 5 % pure males. You need lot of space, time, patience, plant lot of seeds and of course good luck for a success P2 dalat seed reproduction.

Your vietnamese grew almost identical in appearance to dalat but more compact, she started to flower in early september while other tropical sativas are still growing vigorously here. She finished in early december (around 16 weeks, probably less from clone) while dalat, thais and hazes usually finish here around early january(20 weeks or more). Nah Trang i grew were hermie free too. I found Nah Trang quite leafy but that's classic trait with nam landraces, she has lot of other positive traits to offer.

Im so glad you finally received some feedback and that you are posting around here. Best wishes! dubi

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Grandad,

i did some info researches about Nah Trang city past years, seems it's a well known coastal vietnamese city where lot of vietnamese people from small villages meet to sell their local products. It's a place to meet and trade but i hardly doubt it's a ganja production zone, i think production zones must be in more isolated agricultural zones and not in populated coastal cities like Nah Trang. Your seeded weed was probably brought from unknown (for us) small villages to Nah Trang, but i think it's a good name being 'Nah Trang' the unique well known reference about its origin.

Do you think your vietnamese seeds came indeed from Nah Trang or probably from other place?

I tried to ask you about her origin yesterday but was too stoned to write :rasta:

USAH said:
I would love to grow a vietnamese strain and call it DU MA

yeeaa, vietnamese strain are soo beatifull, i onle found two seeds co. hat have vietnamese genetic. One, Spice Brother and second Greenhornet, but the two banks out of stock. :badday: :badday: :badday:

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
a lot of times, people will sell ganj at the marketplace. you just gotta find the right person and know your way around bargaining. vietnamese people love to bargain and can be persistent if they know you got the scrilla. low ball em first to get their attention and work your way up slowly. tobacco vendors are your best option for finding what you need. ask for thuốc lá. hút thuốc means to smoke cigs. thuốc refers to medicine of some sorts.

Grandad

Dubi it didnt look as if it had travelled far or was commercially processed or smuggled in the same was that the Thai stuff was. It came as it appears in the photos. i'd say what you have there came from a farmer- and it possibly didnt cross any borders. if it had it would more likely have been compressed? Have you ever personally collected any of the landraces you play around with?

Nha trang is a bit of a shady place by Vietnamese standards. it has a refuge for kids that have been abused by foreigners etc. Yours was the best product that we came across over there.

Have you ever made crosses with that plant? I never heard back from dreadz either btw. Maybe he's still in hiding after overgrow (I know I thought twice about posting anything for a long time afterwards).

Yes lc00p4 they know how to bargain. The difference i found between them and the thais is that they do not smile so much- so they are not as good at bargaining! "you pay" is generally the extent of the craic that you can have with them. The vendors had no problem finding us everywhere in the south. they may be officially communist, but the definitely like making a profit as much (if not more than) anyone else.

-G

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Grandad,

if weed was not compressed and had a 'natural' appearance and drying, then it easily come from a close place where you got it.

Nah Trang mother was crossed with a haze male, a few seedlings are growing at the moment to test.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here's Vietnam Black mother for comparison, she has a more hybrid look.

She's suposedly a vietnamese/chinese hybrid bred in North America, tastes and smells more like a good north indian for me.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dubi again.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Lovely dubi, lovely...

I just love the way you handle your sativas! Are there any regional sativa that you havent cultivated? It seems that you always have some pics/info to share when people are asking about some rare landrace :D

Take care and keep doing your work mon´ :wave: