What's new

JLP, coco and me

G

bored so i germed some seeds ,,gifted to me by JLP many months ago ,,Amnesia 99 and chemdog x ? x c99 ,

,i paper towelled 21 seeds ,everyone germed within 24-36 hours (quite old seeds too),i then filled the pots with Canna coco straight from the bag ,added Canna coco nutes at e.c1 ph 5-8 with rhizotonic at reccomended dose 1-200 ,then popped sprouts in ,,

5 days later under 125 watt enviros,, hey presto

see u in 7 days

ps ,,thanks JLP for the seeds

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
i dig your style, hazy :yes:
21 is a good number :D
hazyfontazy said:
bored so i germed some seeds ,,gifted to me by JLP many months ago ,,Amnesia 99 and chemdog x ? x c99 ,

,i paper towelled 21 seeds ,everyone germed within 24-36 hours (quite old seeds too),i then filled the pots with Canna coco straight from the bag ,added Canna coco nutes at e.c1 ph 5-8 with rhizotonic at reccomended dose 1-200 ,then popped sprouts in ,,

5 days later under 125 watt enviros,, hey presto

see u in 7 days

ps ,,thanks JLP for the seeds

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
i always get algae in those clear cups tho :(
i like making 'notches' kind of an upside-down triangle shape with a razor knife, at the bottom of the cup. at least 4 of them. this allows max o2 to the roots which equals faster growth and happier roots, and also makes for easier flood/drain if you are watering from the bottom :yes: just a lil tip that could help ya out :) be well

clowntown

Veteran
hazy, how far do you have that 125w Envirolite from the tops of the seedlings? Are you using a reflector?

G

hiya strain searcher, glad u like ,,i'm sure enviros must be available near u

etheral cheers for the tips ,,
i'd already created drain holes in the cups and double layered them to keep the light out ,,i may have to triple layer them
:wave: clowntown
about 3 inches away with a relector ,,i normally use normal flouros but ive mislaid them in my housemove,,

theyre going under a 400 mh tommorrow/today

later

ps i just realised theres only 19 there lol

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm in time i see...can i Take a seat Hazy...coz this looks mighty intresting cross...still need much 2 learn about coco so i'm tagging this thread...
Nway healthy start :wave:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
hey hazy bro, the pheno I have takes 10-11 weeks give or take a week, depends a lot when you start to flush her...sometimes I get her to grow thick fat buds, mainly in winter when its chill but in the summer she grows foxtailing more feathery buds, doesnt like a lot of nutes at first but in bloom she is a pk whore and thats when I like to hit her hard around 7-8th week and then flush...hope this helps at all...

JLP

Veteran
Right on Hazy,those look nice and healthy.

The AM 99 seem to run about 65-75 days flower and the CHx?xC99 will run 55-65 days.

Thats a beautiful AM99 you have there Farmer John.

Good luck.

JLP

G

Looking good Hazy, I'm gonna be watching this one with interest, as I'm just starting my first attempt at coco so I need to watch and learn. 14 frigging years growing in soil and I feel like a beginner all over again! lol

I was wondering if you can use peat pots with coco? I was thinking of using them as i have a load lying about.

Last edited:
G

thanks all for looking in ,,,

british hempire ,,i've used peat pots before with coco and theyre actually very good and when they dry is a good indication the coco needs a drink

i'm potting all the baby girls (fingers crossed) tomorrow ,then they going straight into flower ,,pics to follow :joint:

G

little update

little update

decided not to flower just yet as roots weren't developed enough ,repotted anyway ,,upped nutes to ec1.6 and added a veg booster as well as the root stim kept ph at 5.8 ,under 400w halide

cya soon

G

guest5703

i think ill have to stick around, considering this is the beggining of this thread. Looks great man, i love the coco, using canna too huh? real good, ive seen results, they make meccy turn into chronic haha. Peace bro