What's new

Pux's Ikea File Cabinet Grow

Mr_Micro

Lookin good man! :D

Your box looks really clean, but I'm wondering if you have any plans to light proof the door and if you have some kind of carbon filter hooked up to the back for odor control?
It's a good lookin cabinet for sure, but you should really try to get that CFL a lot closer to your seedlings... like 1" to 3" away is best.

Anyway, stay safe and keep us updated man! :smoke:

NOFpuXnk

The small CFL's in my veg box(wich ill post pictures of soon) are 2" away from those girls. I just moved them into the flower box for the pictures. im definatly gonna have to do somthing about the light leaks, and i have no clue how im gonna control smell.
i would definatly like to know more about this "carbon filter"

G

use the search function for the carbon scrubber, but in short it removes the stink from the air

G

Lookin' good Pux!

Check out my Rubbermaid thread for a DIY carbon filter.

NOFpuXnk

Veg Chamber
14"/25"/12" TV Armoire
4 standard size CFL

Thankyou everyone for submitting these various carbon filter/scrubber designs. looks like a fun rainy day project.

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
How do you all keep it cool?

I'm running 4 26 watt daylight cfl, in less than 9cubic ft, and it's cooking.... it is totally sealed..

NOFpuXnk

funny you should say that buddy!
if u went to the gallery ule notice i called it "the weed oven"
in fact ive moved those plants into the flowering chamber to veg now until i can install some sort of ventilation.

i recomend you look at socals suggestion for the 25$ radio shack fan. thats my plan when i have the $ anways..

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
I have an old air-hockey table... I think I'm gonna snag the fan outta the bottom, and try and run that just to move some air out, and create a passive intake....

NOFpuXnk

well the other cab almost cooked one of my girls to death..

i put more expensive soil and put her closer to the light to try and make it up to her..

G

so it looks to me, and correct me if i'm worng, that you only have an intake with a pc fan blowing in. If I am seein that right, you NEED an exhaust and it should be right near the top of the cab *above* the light. You can switch your fan from the intake hole to your new exhaust hole and just leave the intake hole passive. It will also cut down on noise a little bit if you locate your fan in the upper corner of the back wall rather than the middle. Putting the fan right in the middle causes the back piece to act like a speaker and amplify any fan vibrations, while if you locate the fan in the back corner near the side walls, there will be significantly less of a 'speaker effect' from the back wall.

looks real good man. i need to get a few CFLs in my cab. after this grow its gunna geta tune up:) i love the veg chamber under the stand. i always like when people find little places to put stuff.

BrainBoy

A little later on you might try a few drops of Superthrive in a gallon of water for them, it really made my struggling seedlings take off.

NOFpuXnk

Update Day 14

irishcoco, you clearly know wtf your talking about. im going to have to impliment those tips into my next grow.

mindlessonez, thankyou for stopping by ill give you some k's if i didnt already.

Brainboy, i have some liquid miracle grow(worste nutes ever) and thats what im going to have to use cuz im so fucking poor.

if i build a carbon filter for this grow i think its gonna have to be this one, but im actually considering being dumb and expanding my grow.. in wich case ill just build a larger one for my closet. I like comments and Karma so keep them coming.

thanks for stopping by :wave:
pux

SoulShine

Hey Pux! Newbie here, following your grow. Looking good for day 14. I like that carbon scrubber too. I was going to go that way my self but ended up going in another direction. I'm just gettin started on my first grow. I'll start a thread when I got something to show. Just put my germed seeds in the dirt today and am working on converting an old yard sale armoire into a stealth cab. I went with this I found a low profile model 80CFM that's only 5 1/2 inches tall and the box looks easy to build and fill with carbon. Found it on a wholesale site for $69.95 and $10 shipping. Supposed to be here wednesday.

Anyway, I like that the clock in your first picture in the thread is set to 4:20! Nobody said anything about that, huh? Attention to detail. Way to go, man! Ha!

I thought you might want to look at this fan for your setup. Click here It's 3.15 inches, pulls 27CFM at full power and is adjustable speed. It also comes with an AC adapter so you don't have to worry about 12 volt adapters and shit and is about the same as that radio shack one with shipping included. Thought that might help.

Later, man!
SoulShine

G

wow PuX! you got it goin on man. lookin nice!

haha i like the pic of the cab, the clock says 4:20!

will be watching this one!

- SubN

Mr_Ed

Hey Pux. Figured I should stop over here and say hi. Your grow is looking good so far. Remember to go easy on those MG nutes. It doesn't take much. As far as your carbon filter needs I think you still have a few more weeks before it will be a problem. I have 7 plants at almost 5 weeks old and there is no noticable smell until you open the closet door. From what I have heard it is not till you start flowering that is gets stinky. Just a thought. Keep up the good work and kieep us posted.