What's new

Common Sense Use of the Infirmary

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Just my idea of what could be included in a sticky for the infirmary.

COMMON SENSE FOR NEW GROWERS

Being a member of an adult forum means you must be able to wipe your own behind. Other members are here to help you learn but not to change anyone's diaper. Potty trained members are a must!

Before you can post in the infirmary, you should read something on HOW TO GROW MARIJUANA and have at least a small amount of information and knowledge on the basics. This is for your own good.

Then, should you feel the need to use the infirmary, please follow a few common sense guidelines.

Please make the title of your thread a brief description of your problem, not just HELP ME. This makes it easier for people to stop by your thread should they have a clue how to help. It also makes it easier for others to search for answers to their plant problems.

Then, you may get many different solutions to your questions. There is no ONE way to grow Marijuana, there are many different methods you can follow. Don’t blindly jump and follow anyone’s directions.

Look in their gallery, grow threads, any other threads they may have and see if their methods coincide with your ideas about your grow. Then decide which way to proceed.

You are responsible for your own grow and your own decisions.

Then be sure to wash your hands…and you better put that toilet seat down or the ladies will have your ass!!!

Good Luck.

G

I did quite a few sick plants back at OG and while their system wasnt perfect it beats what happens here....

MOst people dont mention even the most basic things about their grow and expect from a pic that will do....

If people were willing to spend the time to define the grow environment I was way more willing to help than if they posted a pic and one or two lines of whats dis???

There is no reason a form cant be done as a sticky to give those that need help a better chance of being helped..... they can cut and paste it into their thread and answer the questions that apply...

and cut those helpers a break too.... less monotonous questions....

its good policy for everyone...

Last edited:

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Great idea Budley. A form to follow with basic infirmary questions that are needed in order for anyone to help with your problem. That would also be a learning tool for the person with the question, wouldn't it?

G

Maybe two different forms....

one for hydro and one for soil....

G

agreed!

if new threads are to be posted in here, you'd think IC would institute a mandatory questionaire to fill in like on OG.. ie..

hydro or soil
nutrients & at what ml
method of grow
amount and distance of light
age of plant(s)
ventilation
and so on...

etc etc.. the form on OG had alot more info, but i forgot the rest, anyway it was just like a pre-diagnosis checklist like when you go to the doctor.. it was niice

Sunset

I agree, I have just been helped by others. I did try to list all the info I could, if a form was there though would make it easier.
I read every thing I could in Mynamestich's thread. was just unsure of what problem I truly had.

B

Brother_Monk

I saw this in MyNameStitch's thread. This is basically a form for hydro growers. So if anybody has one for soil and/or soil-less or can ammend this one...please feel free. This is a really good idea. Overgrow had this as well and it sure made diagnosing and helping alot easier.

HYDROPONICS:

What STRAIN are you growing?
What was the establishing technique? (Were the seed or clone?)
What is the age of your plants?
What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?
What Technique are you using?
What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.)
What is the Nutrient temperature?
What Nutrient's are you using?
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using?
What is the pH of the "Tank"?
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equiptment?
When was your last watering?
When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional)
What size bulb are you using?
What is the distance to the canopy?
What is your RH Factor?
What is the canopy temperature?
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range)
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?
Is your water HARD or SOFT?
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When?
Are plant's infected with pest's

All thanks go to MyNameStitch and I hope she dosen't mind that I took this from her thread.

Peace
BM
:ying:

G

I think the questions should be carefully ordered ... with the most commonly needed question leading the form....

for example...

I cant remember the time when what strain mattered.....

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
^^Strain does matter tho...alot of strains have unique requirements that others don't. Airbourne's G13 for example is a mag hog...this is especially true for clone only's where multiple people might have the exact same pheno going.

Great post POMH...it's about time we got the infirmary organized so that better help can be delivered to those in need. I whole heartedly believe that the person requesting help should have done at least most of the leg work to allow others to help.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Id also like to suggest that once people post looking for sick plant help that they update their thread with the outcome of the treatment! What worked, what didnt, etc.

G

pieceofmyheart said:
We could add:

HOSPITAL ZONE - NO FIGHTING

no wait.....HERBSPITAL ZONE - NO FLAMING

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pieceofmyheart again.

I wish the flamers would just FADE AWAY to the newsgroups myself...
"I only thing I HATE, is HATING"

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
ItsGrowTime said:
Id also like to suggest that once people post looking for sick plant help that they update their thread with the outcome of the treatment! What worked, what didnt, etc.

Another great idea. :smile:

mtnjohn

Veteran
great ideas and a great thread POMH. it's nice to have someone as kind and thoughtfull as you , here with us.

B

Brother_Monk

BUMP

The greatest journey starts with a single step

BUMP

Last edited:

burnt out og'er
Veteran
This issue has been bothering me for quite a while.
We do need decent grow room data to be included in all infirmary threads and it would be a "very good thing" if it can be coded into the scripts as a 'fill in the blanks' form for anyone wishing to post an infirmary thread similar to what we had at overgrow, although I'm not sure whether or not GL or DG could set that up here.

So meanwhile, lets decide on a list of questions...
I like most of the ones brother monk posted, but just off the top of my noggin it needs a few more questions, such as :
How are you determining when to water / feed ?

So yes, I'll see if we can get it coded as a new threads fill in the blanks form.
Otherwise, I'll be glad to post a sticky final list of instructions for new infirmary threads.

Meanwhile... I'm stickying this thread as a place for us to develop the form questions.
Thanks for bringing up this issue again pieceofmyheart. :wave:

Lets hear suggestions...
Try to keep it simple but concise...
IE: Not too many questions, but cover most of the obvious bases.

Latest posts

Latest posts