What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

deleting pictures from gallery

G

You need to add a feature that allows me to delet more then one picture from my gallery at a time. I am over the limit and it is a pain to delete each one individually. You need to build a delet box for each pic so I can delete a bunch at a time. Any chance?

G

i will second that. it is a bit of a hastle to delete pics and move on.

sirharrynuggz

How do I delete my pics? Even one at a time if I must (I 6th the multiple image deletion option), I didn't see the option in my user cp or in my gallery, how do I do it?

G

sirharrynuggz said:
How do I delete my pics? Even one at a time if I must (I 6th the multiple image deletion option), I didn't see the option in my user cp or in my gallery, how do I do it?
Bring the desired photo up and click Edit Photo (almost bottom right) and check the box it prompts you to check (next to the "CAREFUL-once it's gone it's gone" warning thingy).

Last edited:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dutchgrown said:
The multiple deletion capability is being worked on now....hang in there, should have something sorted out before long.

Thanks!
dg

DG will fix it...dunno when though :confused:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey friends i sent a PM to DG and there is no way to delete multiple images from your gallery. One at a time using edit photo is the only way due to the software we have. I deleted over 100 the other day taking hours but due to the number I post it has to be done. Dr. Duck.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Is there any progress on adding this function? I've also filled up my account, and it is a nightmare deleting each image individually. I know it's a PHP-dependent issue, but I'm sure it can be done - to just add a 'delete image' checkbox next to each gallery thumbnail? If the site is busy it can take up to one minute to delete a single image - and I have hundreds to remove! :(

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Also, after deleting an image, you are dumped back into the general gallery index page, rather than your own gallery page to continue deleting.

Also this thread is not updating properly! :)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Sorry to bump this again, but I could really do with some help here - I need to delete a whole lot of images from my gallery - at least half - and it is taking ages to delete them individually - up to a minute per image. At this rate it could take a week...:(

Is there any way of adding macro-management of images at the gallery index level? As in, a 'delete' checkbox next to each image thumbnail? Then the user could refresh, or save the index page, deleting large amounts of images at the same time. There's no difference at the server end, as it will just forward a batch delete command to the DB instead of singly. I'm sure this functionality exists within the gallery PHP code...?

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
It takes time

It takes time

get a faster connection or come to the forums when Americans are sleeping. It's much more faster then. Open up two or three browsers and while u delete one pic on one browser, do the same with the other, obviously delete different pix. I've deleted some 100 pages of pics so far, it's a pita, but a mans gotta do..

I've since taken a habit of not uploading all the pix i take and leaving the non marijuana pix behind in the galleries.

:wave:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Elevator Man.. Bad Ticket has a good idea there....but 8PM is my bedtime...Dr. Duck.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I've had some success here with the multiple browser idea - that does work actually, especially, as you mentioned when the US is in bed - DoobieDuck excepted, who we've already established keeps some strange hours...:)

In the UK, it's pretty quick up until about 4pm, which is 8am in Cali, and then it slows down. But I managed to dump a good quarter if my gallery in one chunk. We'll get there.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Elevator Man good job...I do keep strange hours..it is from playing in a band all my life and now not doing so..I love getting up early but can't make it up late...a downfall at times but I adjust. Great thing about this thread is that users will be more informed about the deleting process and use it. We all need to it helps keep the server going. Dr. Duck.