What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

COBO'S 2nd GROW

cobo

Well starting this thread late, already 5 days in flower. This is not how I planed this growing, but circumstances being what they are, it will have to do.

My first grow went really well better than I hoped for … but like everything else you learn by your mistake, and I made mistakes, but nothing too serious.

My first and biggest mistake was ordering seeds from “buydutchseeds.com”. I ordered what I though was Nirvana’s Indoor Mix. Well they were a mix because I ended up with 3 different strains. But whether they were Nirvana Seeds or not I will ever know. First of all the seeds arrived with a catalogue from “buydutchseeds.com”, but from start I didn’t like they way the seeds were packaged, no sign of nirvana on them not in sealed seed company package, in other words they could have been seeds from Joe Soap … how was I to know?

When they did finish I was disappointed with the smoke, the smoke its self was all right (flavor wise) but it didn’t do much for you “stone wise “

So lesson learned :badday: … ALWAYS make sure your seeds are packaged from the seed company...ie. ....In sealed package with seed companies logo.

Last edited:

cobo

I bought 2 packs of FemaleSeeds Xline. 1 C99 and 1 SourNL X Nev.Haze. I bought theses before I knew what the smoke was like from my first grow. Lucky or what !

I had kept 2 mother plants from first grow and so I popped 1 of the C99’s … it sprouted in less than 24 hours and in less than 24 hours it had its first set of leafs… thinking that I would have 3 mothers, the plan was to keep the best 1 of the 2 from first grow and the C99. i.e. 2 mothers. But after smoking first grows decided to dump the 2 mothers from first grow and just keep the C99 as my MOM.

Im using a 200w Red Spec. Ecolite (same as envirolites)

The C99 grew short and stocky, lovely looking plant and ideal for my grow room, I had her in soil in pot and all was going well, but then I had to change plans, I might be moving home after Xmas so I wouldn’t have time to take clones and grow them in time so I took her from the pot and washed her roots and Rockwood and removed all signs of the soil and put her in my hydro system. It didn’t seem to do her any harm at all and she thrived for about 10 days or so. Then I put her in to flower, which was 5 days ago and she’s show her sex, white hairs are starting to appear.

SO here's my lady from start to present day ...

Here she is after i topped her

And here she is after i washed her roots and put her in hydro system

Last edited:

cobo

Here’s some more Pics that I took during the week, I topped all main buds. I will take some Pics later after I do a bit of pruning, I went away for a few days and when I came back she grew a bit out of hand .

Last edited:

burn586

Man, I had those same cindy's but I had a cop scare and got rid of em. They were only like 3 weeks at the time. But they looked identical to yours. I'm takin a seat to see how these turn out!

cobo

burn586 said:
Man, I had those same cindy's but I had a cop scare and got rid of em. They were only like 3 weeks at the time. But they looked identical to yours. I'm takin a seat to see how these turn out!

i toook some clones about a week ago , but there not looking good at minute ... but they might come around yet... yea pull up a chair and ENJOY :lurk:

Tokabowl

:lurk:

**books his seat in the front row**

Those cindys are lookin lush mate, good job!

Keep the updates coming, and good luck with the clones

:bongsmi:

G

I'd say so...they look healthy...I'll check back in down the road..stay safe

cobo

nackeragua said:
looking very nice man. impressed with what you are getting from cfl bulbs. ever think of getting hps lamps?

Of course I’ve thought of it, sure don’t growers be thinking of nothing else for months on how to increase yield. LOL

No but seriously, I have been thinking about it, as I have a guy who will get me the light and fitting (Digital.. Save's money and increases lums :woohoo: and extractor fan for less than ½ price. I will have to get an extractor fan and carbon filter before next grow, because she smells the house already, not a bad smell, just smells like plants! FUCK. Need to get a refill for Vaportek

I bought a Vaportek (round one) for £95 got it for £80

Here is my warerobe im using, my landlord wud be pissed if i cut a hole in the door for a filter thats why i got the vaportek (Vapourtek neutralises strong odours. However, it doesn't replace carbon filters in a growing environment, but can be useful in dealing with odours from adjoining rooms. The Silver Bullet Ozone Generator encourages plant growth. It also discourages insects but primarily dissolves odours. This is a tried and tested safe domestic appliance.)

But i think i will cut a hole in roof of wardrobe for fan and filter . As you can see I have a space above wardrobe for it
9699100_0670-thumb.jpg
[url=http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/9699DSC00987.JPG]
9699wardrobe-thumb.jpg
[/url]

Last edited:

cobo

Well here she is 16 days flowering and the white hairs are popping up everywhere. :yummy: You will notice how I have here tied down using garden ties. I have nutes at a CF reading of 20, I will flush the system next week, sure its only a week since the last flush, I top up water and nutes as is needed, but with only one lady, leaving her for 2 weeks without topping water up would be stretching it a bit :confused: :pointlaug

Here i have her tied down .... the ladies love it no matter what they say :whip:

I pruned her YESTERDAY

And here are some bud shots

And as you can see she is really filling her pot

Last edited:
G

they are filling in nicely...great work...I think I saw one smile...stay safe

cobo

Here’s a pic of 2 of the 3 clones I took. The first one died, and I was about to give up on theses 2 when I noticed that they were taking root so they should be ok. Took a lot longer to start rooting because I took the clones while she was flowering. I knew it would be didn’t think it would take this long. Good things come to them that wait, Well so my mum keeps telling me…. He He He

I know they dont look healthy , but any clones i've took before looked the same untill they rooted so fingers crossed , because i want to keep a mom of this plant

Last edited:

cobo

A quick update 21 days Flowering, I flush the system yesterday and change water and nute’s today. She’s coming along nicely but I have to keep pruning some leafs every 2 days or so, just to make sure I get penetration to lower buds. I’ve notice some tricomes starting to develop so in the next few days I will post a pic when they’re showing more.