Lemon

EDIT - Summary of completed results (Original post begins below this):

d44aboveiw8.jpg

onegz2.jpg

sunsnowul1.jpg

harvtableto5.jpg

bdommmmelf4.jpg

Begining of actual thread:

Hey all, this is my first post here. I've been reading the forums for quite some time now, and they've been a valuable resource, so id lik to share my first grow here.

I originally planned to do this with lowryders. I bought a pack of 10 seeds. All germinated, only 1 sprouted, and then it stopped growing.. Back to the drawing board. Interesting note... when i threw away the one sprout (1 week old), it stunk when it was rubbed.. prety surprising considering the age.

I then ordered a pack of NL99 (Northern Lights x C99 by Joey Weed), manually cracked them, and threw them in moist paper towel and put them somewhere warm (~83-89f). Within 10 hours, roots had shown, and after 24 hours, they went into soil. I guess they like to keep warm.

Setup:

Lights

The lights I’m using for this are a Longstar 105w, 5000k daylight spectrum CFL grow light, and a Fresh2 Titanium 23 watt, 2300k CFL. The second bulb comes coated with titanium dioxide which ionizes when the bulb is on and removes smell.

freshbulbboxht0.jpg

Soil & Nutrients

The soil is a store bought organic mix made of hummus, peat moss, compost, and pearlite. I plan to start using this 15-30-15 fertilizer i have at 1/4 strength about 2-3 weeks in.

Box

Here’s the grow box. It’s built inside a full tower ATX case that measures 24” tall. Two computer fans are used for circulation, with the exhaust vented through the hood / reflector in order to immediately remove heat from the case. The vent duct is the kind that easily stretches and compresses in order to accommodate the light being moved up as the plants grow. Its lined with...yes.. foil. This will be upgraded in round two :)

compcloseduc4.jpg

insidecompbk0.jpg

Last edited:

Lemon

1.5 Days after going into the peat pots, 2 of them are up and away. I'll call this day 1.

seedtaprootfc9.jpg

sproutjt7.jpg

Last edited:

Lemon

1.5 weeks - 4 new things:

I did something that will make some people scratch thier heads: I switched to 12/12.. something that others growing in small spaces ive talked to have said they had luck with along with 12/12 from seed.

I axed one of the plants. It was mutated and lopsided and didint want to stay upright... it was still growing and healthy.. but space is limited.

topviewqo9.jpg

Next, i have an interesting problem (or maybe it could turn out to be good? who knows). The tops of the leaves look prety much 100% healthy and green, but the bottoms turned purple. Another guy on growing this strain said his finished NL99 was purple, so it may just be genetics??? I gave one a super diluted feeding with micronutrients with Mg, and no change... so i dont really know..

purpesinglelf3.jpg

And lastly, into thier new space age container, aka butchered UPS box... budget gardening at its finest..

sidecx9.jpg

Last edited:

zen

Oh my god, and I just thought I was space restricted. I am very interested in your outcome! First because I am impressed, second I have been wondering about that NLXC99 from joeys weed for 2.5 years. I grow C99 she wants to stretch a lot during flower.
Good Luck! I'm sending positive vibes your way.

ECUG

Nice Lemon!!! I wouldnt worry about the purple, it is just genetics. Cant wait for an update.

Forgot to mention those are some fantastic pictures. You really captured your grow, props!!

Last edited:

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
...Odor eliminating spiral compact fluorescents...

When the Titanium Oxide coating on the bulbs are exposed to the Florescent light of the bulb itself, strong oxidizers are naturally created.
This Oxidation process breaks down odors...
...eliminates airborne bacteria, mold, viruses, fungi, smoke and household odors.
Fits almost anywhere a standard light bulb can be used.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=4577

Last edited:

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
lookin good. im interested to see if that bulb actually helps with the smell. ive seen them before but it seems like no ones ever had first hand experience.

and that cardboard box, thats your pot? doesnt it get all soggy and eventually moldy when you water

Lemon

bongasaurus said:
lookin good. im interested to see if that bulb actually helps with the smell. ive seen them before but it seems like no ones ever had first hand experience.

and that cardboard box, thats your pot? doesnt it get all soggy and eventually moldy when you water

no more so than the peat pots iv found. It's nothing close to the ideal, haha, but nothing else fits that perfectly, and its working so far.

Lemon

is it bad if the roots grow together if you dont plan on transplanting? Where do i find grow bags? thanks :smile:

Lemon

so the cardboard box wasnt working out.. changed that.

d25boxrn6.jpg

soooo.. 3weeks, 5 days

I added cactus mix to the bottom of the new pot.. its 50% sand, 25% peat, 25% compost... to help drainage.

I learned nutrients make a hell of a difference... i watered with 1/2 strength 15-30-15 the other day and they grew nearly an inch overnight.

one of the plants seems to be more indica/NL dominant, judging by the leaves, one sativa/c99, and one inbetween.. all though they are becoming much more similar looking at each new leaf. Not a hint of smell so far.. but apparently these (NL99) have none even in full flower.

still waiting for sex to show so i can pull and start training whats left.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts