What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Supernova from amhydro?

acidblue

anybody use supernova from amhydro???
They are the same guys who make dark energy.
just boght some and i'm gonna try it in my dwc tubs.
just want to see if anybody else has used it.

acidblue

Hey BudGod after adding supernova my res is all foamy and has brown specs in it.
Is this normal???

As you can see the plants look healthy, so far it hasn't caused any problems yet.

Just want to know if this is what supernova does to the res???
Should i be concerned???

I have some foam in my res, but not THAT much. Almost looks like you added soap :biglaugh: If it doesn't hurt the plants, don't sweat it.

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
SuperNova has a "wetting agent" incorporated into it's formulation.
A Wetting agent basically equals a tad bit of soap, so it be great for foliar feeding, but not so great for adding to reservoirs apparently. :)
>>>

Product Description [Benefit Claims]:
The wetting agent in SuperNova™ makes it perfect for use as a foliar spray!
SuperNova Plant Nutrient

Push your plants to their potential!
SuperNova is a unique blend of seaweed extract (Ascophyllum nodosum), specialized amino acids, carbohydrates, and vitamins C and B.
This enhanced seaweed "bio-blend" will improve the growth performance of any plant.

SuperNova contains high concentrations of the phytohormone cytokinin, which promotes cell division, differentiation, lateral growth, cell enlargement, bud formation and production of chlorophyll.
Cytokinin can cause the release of lateral buds from apical dominance thus promoting bushier plants with an increase in flowering sites.
Increasing the chlorophyll production enhances the rates of photosynthesis and overall energy production throughout the plant.

Carbohydrates are the primary products of photosynthesis and are used as the main source of energy for every vital plant function.
They aid in energy (ATP) transport and are components within DNA and RNA. Specialized amino acids are also included.
These play a major role in increasing the plant's tolerance of high nutrient levels, drought and leaf curling diseases caused by thrips and mites. T
The plant will also respond with an increase in chlorophyll content.

Unique benefits:
• Improved crop yield and quality
• Improved rate of photosynthesis
• Improved root and shoot development
• Improved seed germination
• Stimulated microbial life

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Is anybody else currently using this SuperNova product as a foliar feed/ nutrient supplement additive?

:)

Last edited:

Weed Farmer

I recieved a sample of supernova from my hydro guy too. I have been a little leary of using it. I had adding things ("snake oil") to my res because most of them cause more trouble than they are worth... That foam looks scary to me, but as long as your plants are not complaing, I guess it is all good. My bottle says that it is super concentrated and to use just a little bit. How much did you add?

Your plants look healthy despite the foam...Keep an eye on them and keep us updated. Good Luck

BOFH

I've had my drippers straight foam before. My plants seemed to love it. I did not witness any negative effects personally.

simba

Sleeping Dragon
no worrys on the foam.. it goes away in afew days..
the airstones is what makes it so foamy i just turned the valves a bit..
it scared the crap out of me to .. but AH says its ok..

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
SuperNova is sold for over One hundred US dollars a gallon!

SuperNova is sold for over One hundred US dollars a gallon!

Bump :)
:wave:

Seaweed / Kelp 101 & 202 ( Seaweed in Agriculture and Horticulture)
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=3919

humic vs fulvic

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=15961

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Auxins are produced in buds and seeds and promote cell elongation.
Indoleacetic acid (IAA) is a naturally occurring auxin.
While it is possible to extract IAA from plant tissue, it is more practical to produce a similar compounds, indolebutyric acid (IBA) and naphthaleneacetic acid (NAA), synthetically.
Growers find it more effective and efficient than its natural counterpart because plants cannot break IBA and NAA down as quickly as they can IAA.
IBA and NAA are common ingredients in rooting compounds and root stimulators.
Cytokinins have been found in many species of plants and play a role in many plant processes including cell division, shoot initiation, and growth.
Researchers have found the ratio of cytokinin to auxin can affect how undifferentiated plant cells (callus tissue) develop into specific plant tissues such as shoots or roots.
PLANT HORMONES (fyi)
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=267321

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
LIQUID KARMA ™Bio-catalyst Plant Stimulant
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=5102
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=5888

Last edited:

acidblue

oh god i totally forgot about this post.
those two plants eventually died of algea
i think all that foam is combination of
using it in dwc-airstones and using @ full strength.
I swicthd to ebb & flow and get nowhere near as much
foam, and use @ 1/2 strength.
Gonna switch to a coco/drip system, still gonna use my supernova.
Just gotta make a trip to the store and get my drip line and manifold.
Still waiting on my Hydro Hut, they're on back order from the factory.
The first one they sold me tore when i was putting it together, but
the guys at the hydro store were so cool, the said just bring it back
and the swap me for a new one, but like i said they're on back order,
gota wait about another week.
i got one durban left its been in veg for almost 6 weeks its
about a foot tall already! it's gona b huge when it flowers!

simba

Sleeping Dragon
you have to remember American Hydro who makes supernova etc..
they make like 4 aditives for Consumers but there main market is Comercial..
so i say what they sell does infact work.. as a comercial grower wouldnt use it if it doesnt work..

now that being said they also make nutes but only sold comercialy.. and i cant remember if the nova and other 3 things are in that lineup..

end of line..i have tried there aditives and seem to work but havent realy used for a full cycle just wanted to see what it did for a week..
oh the res has never been flushed since then.. so i can say it has no negitive effects..

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Hey guys just want to chime in. I've been using dark energy and super nova for a lil while now and I must say it def works. The y work every well together. In fact it increased the bushiness and cell division. Wat could take naturally 3 weeks is cut down in half. It pretty much mature quicker. I got a lot more shoots then usual. Also in the first week of 2 of floweing it's recommended also which I do. It promotes more bud sites and is good for a food boost in the beginning of flowering for sure. That's my 2 cents

Super old thread didn't realize lol

Last edited: