What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian Sativa

Aldous

Colombian 100% sativa from the oriental plains. 3 mts in height. The rain messed most of the plant - what a shame!

Best regards,

Aldous

Last edited:
G

awesome work aldous
the one question i have is about the 'oriental plains'
what do you mean by that? its growin in asia? or part of the lineage?

thanks bunches and again thx for sharin pics of this lovely long-legged lady :canabis:

Aldous

Hello bro,

Thx! When i say oriental plains it means the plains located west of Colombia, right next to Venezuela. Being a flat land in the equator, the sun hits for 12 + hours making this plants huge!

Aldous

Aldous

Hello bro!

I just posted on "Landraces and Countries of Orgin" all the main colombian strains. Get a glimpse. This particular plant is a Sativa from the plains. 100% sativa (Cafuche). Not the best smoke i´ve had, but certainly a beautiful plant.

Aldous

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
saludos Aldous! kick ass trees, plus thanks for the info on where it is grown, i think i may have seeds from exactly the same procedence. i'm in Venezuela, about a 3 hours drive from the Colombian boarder. i grew mine in pots though, so they didn't grow as tall as yours, i am still curing the harvest, already 3 months cure, will let it go for longer to see whether this increases the quality of the smoke, here's some old pics:

peace.

Last edited:
G

Great work. Sorry to hear about the rain. How did they come out?
Respect.
MOD

Aldous

Hello,

Having no seassons, no hurricanes, no snow, etc, makes it easier for any tropical outdoor grower. I respect the ability of some growers to keep condition perfect for a plant indoors. I have some plants in a room and i tell you, some thing are simpler and less confused when you go under the sun. There´s many thing you can control, such as the rain, bug, animals, etc. But where could you have a 3 + mt. plant like this indoors?
I like to combine techniques. So far the one i like the most, is vegging under HPS lights and then flowering in the sun. Gives great results. I haven´t smoked it yet...don´t know if i will. I will try to save the best buds (the ones that still have crystals) and see how they come out.

PazVerdeRAdical: Yeah brother...those are exactly the same. LINDAS FLORES. Back in the late 70´s Colombian MJ got really bad in quality, so to sell it better they started working the basics of marketing. Change the name....Wacky Black, Wacky Weed, Colombian Black, Colombian Sticks, Chocolate, etc, etc, etc, etc, until something good would come out. But this particular phenotype to me is an African Sativa, brought to our vecinity god knows when. Tall and not so fat plants. We call it Cafuche because of the small flowers. The high is very, very potent, but very short in time.

Santa Marta Gold to me might be a mixture between the original Afghani brought back in the days to fill the fields of the northern part of Colombia and the African Queen.

Best regards,

Aldous

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heyyyyy Aldous!! :wave:
I grew out this monster last season....got the seeds from Chaman!! :yoinks:

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
you SA growers are awesome! look at those monsters!

if you ever have some landraces you want to send up north, my pm box is always open :D

Aldous

Hola RAco,

A pleasure to see you around. Yep...that´s the one. Although I can see some purple or Red in the tips. This palnts can have different colors. I believe the are very sensitive to temperature changes and to soil conditions. I had one long ago that was completely purple because it was planted higher (2400 vs. 900 mts). How much did it take for you to finish? Mine will take a total of 8 or 9 months....crazy bitches...thy are never satisfied...hehehe

ogrefugee: Brother. I am sorry, but i don´t send my babies north. Big brother is watching.

Aldous

Last edited:
G

nice pics guys, equatorial sativas wont finish outdoors here, but i still like growin um. heres a shot of some cuts of a columbian gold i keep.

first pic is around 6/7wks, had to top as she out grew my 4ft ceilin. not by much. shes at 9 wks right now

this pic is same cut, started smaller this go, see if i can get a nice little Xmas tree. this pic is as she went to flower, shes at 2wks now, and i think she will make it untopped.

CBF

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
Zamalito, i agree with El Hermano Aldous, that we grow well is to be blamed on the weather :canabis:

speaking of Big Brother watching, here in Venezuela you can no longer take to the post office whatever you are going to send through the mail already packaged and sealed... you have to first show the people at the post office all you are sending, all the contents, make a declaration and then you have to package and seal all contents in front of them... but they're not looking all the time while you do this and you can still safely send cash and that sort of stuff hidden well in documents or whatever, if you are to send seeds, you have to hide them real well in some item...
it is a pain in the ass.

peace and love.

edit: btw, those cafuches of mine (what a term!) took about 7months to finish, they were getting only 6 hours of direct sunlight a day, all organic too.
now i have problems with bugs and can't find neem oil anywhere... arghhhh...

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
beautiful colombians guys. I'm going to get down there and try them one day.

here is landrace coastal or lowland oaxaca. from 'ol 420guerilla at the ultimate sativa thread. straight outta mexico. pure sativa

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aldous said:
Colombian 100% sativa from the oriental plains. 3 mts in height. The rain messed most of the plant - what a shame!

Best regards,

Aldous

that's a heavy plant,,, :yes: :eek: :yes:

keep doing the do dude,,, you do us all proud, jah bless :joint:

Edit: that wall looks like the one from the BluePeter garden... lol

(don't take offense Aldous,,, BP is kids TV in UK watched by square kids and cool adults... lolx2) :biglaugh:

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dr. Jay said:
"Damn,Raco,they look like yellow turds out of a racoon"

Latest posts

Latest posts