What's new

COBO'S First GROW !!!!!!

cobo

This is my first time growing, I’ve wanted to for years, love a bit of grass, but here in Ireland its next to impossible to get NICE grass and if you do find a good supply they make you pay through the nose €300 to €400 an oz, and I’m not going to pay that. I get soap bar and pay €100 oz which is not cheap either. The soap bar is the same from one month to the next shi?e !

So i'm copying my other thread to this forum it saves me time and energy but I will continue it on from here in future.

cobo

Change of plans now, was going to have a cabinet grow, but come up with what I think is a better idea, I have this spare wardrobe in my room only use it for the laundry basket and it looks the better idea, (let me know what you’s think please) also ordered my hydro system yesterday. As i’m going to be using envirolites ordered 2 x125w white and 2 x 125w red for flowering I dint need the lights for the system I bought the Quality Starter Kit 4-12 plants - £449 from http://www.1-hydroponics.com/starter-kits.htm have a look and let me know what you think about it, as I said I got it without the light and ballast, they gave me a fair quote (I think) of £284 which I thought wasn’t bad, but after another phone call and a bit of haggling I got it for £250 all in postage and all . WAS THIS A GOOD DEAL ??[/B]?/(4 pod hydroponic flood & drain system, timer, propagator, nutrients: grow, bloom & bloom boost, pH test kit, pH up & pH down, clay pebbles & rockwool blocks, hook plates & hanging chain 5m, 5m of mylar reflective sheeting.)
Pod system size: 700mm x 600mm x 450mm high.
Reservoir volume: 50 litres

I backed a couple of winners at races the day before so I put it away to start my first grow.

Here is my warerobe im using, my landlord wud be pissed if i cut a hole in the door for a filter thats why i got the vaportek (Vapourtek neutralises strong odours. However, it doesn't replace carbon filters in a growing environment, but can be useful in dealing with odours from adjoining rooms. The Silver Bullet Ozone Generator encourages plant growth. It also discourages insects but primarily dissolves odours. This is a tried and tested safe domestic appliance.)

Will you’s have a look at it and let me know what u think was it a good enough deal, I also bought a Vaportek (round one) for £95 got it for £80 when I told them I seen it for that price , i was talking to Tokabowl about it as he got one him self and said its working perfectly.
and the vaportek

So the starter kit without the lights cost me £330 the lights I’m getting for free because the fella who’s getting me them owes me a few good turns as i've done him some and he has millions anyway and i'm skint .lol. He doesn’t know he’s paying for them yet but if he asks I’ll telling him what i told you there. Lol anyway he has an electrical shop, im getting them on Monday.
Ordered my seeds yesterday from https://www.buydutchseeds.com I ordered the following 2 sets of seeds Bubbelicious (Bubble Gum) £21.80
Bubbelicious (Bubble Gum), also known as Bubble Gum is a medium tall, usually not too branchy (sometimes stretchy) plant, producing compact, crystal covered buds. Originally the Bubble Gum was developed by growers in Indiana, USA. From there the genetics moved to New England and eventually Holland. lt took many generations to finally produce this stable Bubble Gum, with the characteristic, sweet smell (truly resembling a typical bubble gum taste) and euphoric high; the original trademarks of this famous strain. The only inbred strain (no F1 hybrid) in the Serious menu. Winner of two awards in the High Times Cannabis Cup of 1994, a 2nd place in 1995 and again a 2nd prize in 1999, giving Bubble Gum a total of 4 awards from the judges.

º Packet contain 10 seeds

º Plant height: Short Plant
º Stoned or high?: Stoned INDICA
º THC level: High THC
º Flowering Weeks: 8/9
º Yield : 300/400
º Harvest Month: 10

http://www.buydutchseeds.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=34 and Indoor Mix (Master Kush, Afghan, Pure Power Plant and Skunk #1, and Nirvana Special! ) £29.24

5 of our most popular indoor varieties in one package! These popular selections are, Master Kush, Afghan, Pure Power Plant and Skunk #1, and Nirvana Special! This selection provides you excellent varieties as well as quality genetics, which in turn will bring you pleasure and your indoor garden to life. These quality seed selections are suitable for a variety of growing methods year round. An outstanding selection and value!

º Packet contain 10 seeds

º Plant height: Medium Plant
º Stoned or high?: Medium Indica/Sativa
º THC level: High THC
º Flowering Weeks: 8/12
º Yield : 400/600
º Harvest Month: 8/10
Has any one had any dealings with https://www.buydutchseeds.com in the past, I read a few people who said that they were good to deal with.
What do you think of the strains I got (remembering this is my first ever grow ) all i need now is 2 reflecctors which i seen for 18 quid each online(cheap ones but will do for now ... http://www.theonlineelectricalwholesaler.com/catalog/add_to_cart.php?pid=176&keywords=REFLECTOR

so any advice for me , will be up in running in next week or two ???????????

Tokabowl said:
Yea those reflectors arent bad, im pretty sure theyre the same i got, they are really wide tho: bout 16 inches, and fit the envirolites well... theonlineelectrical wholesaler are great, fast and discreet shipping, and everything is soo cheap :yummy:
You might want to consider using LST - low stress training or doing a srog - screen of green to get the best outta your lights, because the envirolights dont penetrate the canopy as well as HIDs...
Heres a great thread on LST: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=6090&highlight=caprichoso
props to Caprichoso :yes:
and heres a nice scrog thread by m.steelers: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=10162&page=1&pp=15&highlight=Scrog

Hope this helps, best of luck

Peace

:smoweed: not soapbar :rolleyes:

Last edited:

cobo

i got a pukka seed cataloge and they are a british based company selling pukka seeds, the doggie nuts, sensi seedbank, dutch passion, sagarmatha, paradise, and green house.

They are very pricey but they say they will match the price of any other seed shop, so might give them a try next time.Pukka Seed Company say that it is perfectly legal for them to post seeds in UK if they sell them as a souvenirs as shown below .

cobo

I got 8m of black and white sheeting today, just waiting for my kit to arrive, im expecting it tomorrow, the hydro shop in Belfast where I bought the black and white sells Serious Seeds and a few others, and looks like everything I will need, will be close at hand.

cobo

I’ve decided that i'm going to use the wardrobe as my grow room, a couple of questions, as i’m going to be using envirolites
,i’m hoping that heat will not be a problem as I have to close the doors i’m going to buy a cheap Fan to put in the grow
room. I have got the vaportek for any smells coming from the room.

Do you think I will be ok heat wise with the doors closed? Its not an option to cut the doors in anyway,
my land lord would be a bit Pissed with me to say the least J but in the closets roof there is a cubert space and I could drill
a few holes in it if needed ??

Cleaned out the wardrobe with a solution of bleach and flash, and for good measure I use Detol anti-bacterial surface cleaner,
just to be sure to be sure, you know your self ;-)

Fixed in some wood slates to help me along and covered the floor with black and white sheeting and used silver duct tape to
get a clean fit, covered one of the doors with black and white but then ran out of tape. ARRRRRRRRR

Will finish it tomorrow ,the walls of the robe are already painted with a flat white paint so nothing to do there, hopefully kit will arrive tomorrow
There is still some light coming in through the crack between wall and wood but I will just either tape black and white or just run tape
down along it, think that will do it.

I was thinking of dividing the grow space in 2 so as I could have a veggie room and a flowering room all in the same space,
but dividing it with the blck and whiteWhat do you’s think ?? Might do it after first grow don’t want to be doing too much at the start

Will finish it tomorrow ,the walls of the robe are already painted with a flat white paint so nothing to do there, hopefully kit will arrive tomorrow
There is still some light coming in through the crack between wall and wood but I will just either tape black and white or just run tape down along it, think that will do it.

Sorry pics are not great will get some better one tomorro when i have better light

Tokabowl said:
Hey cobo, good job preparin ur wardrobe, cant wait to see you growin :lurk:
Im also currently flowering under envirolights (2x200W red ones) and a 150W hps and so far they seem to be doing a good job:

Although the envirolights dont give out as much heat as the HIDs, they still heat up a fair bit (the bulbs arent v.hot, u can touch them any time, but the ballasts still heat alot), so i think that if u keep your doors completely shut while the lights are on, ur still gonna temp issues... i see theres another cupboard above your wardrobe... maybe you could open a 4" hole through the ceiling of ur wardrobe into that cupboard? that way you could have an inline fan (TD-160 for example : http://www.hydroponic-shop.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_78&products_id=639) which will give u proper ventilation... but would set u back another 50 quid... although u would need to have air intakes anyway, so u would still need to a door ajar (unless u can also cut through the side of the wardrobe into the 2nd one u got on the left of it... lol, that way u could have the doors closed at all times, and if u stick the vapourtek in the wardrobe on the left, u would have a smell-proof thing going on too! :chin: ). :2cents:
If ur landlord doesnt see the modifications before you move out, it doesnt really matter (and he shouldnt be lookin in ur cupboards/wardrobes anyway), and its your deposit that might suffer (and probably will), but theres always someway to make up for that... :cool: :chin:
Stay safe and happy planning
Peace

Last edited:

cobo

04/27/2006

04/27/2006

Received my hydro kit today, everything was great, just one thing they didn’t send me lift out pots, but got on the phone and they said they would send them post them today, the inner pots come with the deluxe model, I think it was an extra 30 quid but I thought it would be well worth it if you could lift the pot out anytime for what ever reason, thought it would be handy.

Tokabowl said:
Hey Cobo,
Hows it goin along? You received your seeds yet? What strain(s) did u order? You figured something out for the ventilation? Hope everything is ready to go, keep us updated on whats happenin man, i'd love to follow your lil closet grow with the envirolights! :lurk: (speakin of which, what enviros did you end up getting in the end? 125 watters, 200 watters, how many?) :yes:

Safe, laters

:smoweed:
T

Last edited:

cobo

05/23/2006

05/23/2006

Glad to be back online, well thing are progressing along nicely, got the seeds sprout and planted, I have pictures of the grow from sprouting, but there on my laptop and I don’t have it at the minute, but as soon as I get it, I will post them, everything seems to going ok, except for one plant which has what I can only describe as rusty patches on 2 leafs, the plant its self looks healthy,

I used 8 seeds and 7 sprouted, so after a few more days I germinated 1 more seed (bubblegum), want 4 ladies so thought 50. 50 chance .I germinated 4 bubblegum and 4 of the nirvana indoor mix (Master Kush, Afghan, Pure Power Plant and Skunk #1, and Nirvana Special! This). So it will be hard for me to say which 1 is which, just call them the mix from now on.

cobo

05-23-2006, 04:23 AM

05-23-2006, 04:23 AM

I ordered 2 125w whiten and 2 125w red envirolites, but there lays the problem, they have arrived yet, I told you earlier how I was going to get the lights, well I’ve been on the phone to the shop and one of the guys there who I know, told me they have been ordered but haven’t arrived yet, he knows right well what there for, but wouldn’t give a monkeys either way. He told me he faxed the order himself, he’s just waiting on them, like its 3 weeks now i'm worried !! I went to hardware store and bought 2 18w cfl’s for the seedlings and they seem to love it.

Will they suffer because I use only the 2-18w cfl bulbs????

4 or 5 of my babies are ready to put in the hydroponics system they are still in the propagator under the 2cfl’s will post pictures on Sunday night, the last one I planted seems slow in growing, it looks like a runt, small curly leafs, but it seems to be growing slowly I will leave it alone and see how it goes .

I received 2 reflectors in the post yesterday and they will fit just snugly in my room have 1 of them up and need brackets for the other 1, will get them tomorrow, might just go to hydro shop and buy a 125w enviro to tide me over until the rest arrive also ordered a tds and PhD meter and expect them this week, was waiting to get them so I can get the levels right before I plant the babies, but they will have to go in early next week, they are about 2 weeks old now, well most of them.

cobo

05-24-2006, 12:33 AM

05-24-2006, 12:33 AM

cobo said:
I ordered 2 125w whiten and 2 125w red envirolites, but there lays the problem, they have arrived yet, I told you earlier how I was going to get the lights, well I’ve been on the phone to the shop and one of the guys there who I know, told me they have been ordered but haven’t arrived yet, he knows right well what there for, but wouldn’t give a monkeys either way. He told me he faxed the order himself, he’s just waiting on them, like its 3 weeks now i'm worried !! I went to hardware store and bought 2 18w cfl’s for the seedlings and they seem to love it.

Will they suffer because I use only the 2-18w cfl bulbs????

4 or 5 of my babies are ready to put in the hydroponics system they are still in the propagator under the 2cfl’s will post pictures on Sunday night, the last one I planted seems slow in growing, it looks like a runt, small curly leafs, but it seems to be growing slowly I will leave it alone and see how it goes .

I received 2 reflectors in the post yesterday and they will fit just snugly in my room have 1 of them up and need brackets for the other 1, will get them tomorrow, might just go to hydro shop and buy a 125w enviro to tide me over until the rest arrive also ordered a tds and PhD meter and expect them this week, was waiting to get them so I can get the levels right before I plant the babies, but they will have to go in early next week, they are about 2 weeks old now, well most of them.

TheLaydeKillaz said:
:lurk: munch, munch

I don't think they'll suffer under those domestic cfl's at all. They'll like the diffused light, imagining that it spring time in the real world. I even managed to find 'white' cfl bulbs at my crappy local B+Q for £2 each... and my seedlings loved 'em.

:joint:

Last edited:

cobo

05-24-2006, 12:54 AM

05-24-2006, 12:54 AM

thanks , glad to hear it, will have the enviro one way or other before the end of the week.

Cheers ;-)

cobo

05-24-2006, 06:53 AM

05-24-2006, 06:53 AM

heres a few pictures i downloaded off my phone . sorry they are in noo real order... im going to start a grow diary, but keep you all up to date on that later

cobo

05-25-2006, 05:13 PM

05-25-2006, 05:13 PM

I never thought of that , plan was to plant them at weekend , and take cuttings before i flower them ..???

What you think ???

cobo

05-25-2006, 06:12 PM

05-25-2006, 06:12 PM

TheLaydeKillaz said:
If you plant all your seedlings into the 4 pots, and half of them are culled, (the males obviously), you'll have decaying roots taking up space next to growing ones. I don't know if this will hamper the growth of your females, but it can't be an ideal scenario. Someone else here will be able to give you better advice on that one.

I personally wouldn't do it... healthy roots are important.
If I were you I'd sex those plants and keep the females as mothers. This'll take more time and space but be worth it in the long run. You could then place 3 possibly 4 rooted cuttings in each pot then flip into flowering quick smart, (knowing that root space in each pot will be at a premium), and go for a SOG or SCROG like Tokabowl suggested. I'm of the opinion that it's more productive to have many small plants than few large ones, (others may think the opposite), especially under flouro light which won't penetrate deep into the canopy.
Get some med size cheapo plant pots full of the medium of your choice and keep vegging 'till you can sex those babies.

I use clay pebbles mixed with coco fibre and water by hand. I can reuse the coco fibre for another crop by removing most of the old roots and adding a little 'cannazym' which breaks down the remaining roots into food the new crop can use. If your using just clay pebbles in a flood and drain system then I don't know what to do. I'm sure someone can give you a better informed 2nd opinion.

Hope that helped.

cobo

05/29/2006 10:50 PM

05/29/2006 10:50 PM

Thanks a lot for your advice TheLaydeKillaz, much appreciated, but it doesn’t really suit me this grow, them pots are suppose to hold 3 plants each so I wouldn’t think that the roots will be a problem for me, and I don’t have another room (Yet!) for a mother, but I will think about it, may be the cabinet pictured on 1st post of this thread …

WHAT YOU THINK?

If later when I sex the plants, I take some clones, can I use 1 or 2 of the clones as mother plants???

I was also thinking of saving some pollen to pollinate a bud so as I would also have some seeds if I needed them in future,

again does this sound viable??

cobo

05/29/06 11:10 PM

05/29/06 11:10 PM

I had to go out a buy a 125w eco light today (i’m still waiting for 2x 125w blue & 2x125w red envirolites I have ordered) and I transplanted 4 of the babies in to 2 pots today. I got the stock solution to a CF reading of 13 which I think is about right and adjusted the PH down to 6.01 which is about perfect, flooded the pots a few time before testing just to make sure it was right.

So I put 2 Bubblegum in one pot and 2 of the Mix in the other, also I bought a 7” 2 speed desk fan cost 9.99 and I have it hanging from a boot lace and it works perfect like that. will take a pic and post it shortly

One question!

How long do I need to leave the fan running for each day????

:1help: ]COBO'S First GROW !!!!!!http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=29049&page=1&pp=15[B[/B] :jump:

:smoweed:

Last edited:

cobo

Just transplanted my Babies in to hydro set up

Just transplanted my Babies in to hydro set up

Here are the pictures I promised. Don’t mind the way the wire are hanging I will fix that in the next day or so . :yeahthats

. . :smoweed:

Very nice looking setup. :respect: That light looks like it might be a little too close. I might be wrong though. :joint:

I am just finishing my first grow, and I am pretty happy with the results.

Hope your grow goes well. :D

And keep us updated.

Last edited:

cobo

I was actually thinking of moving light down another inch but I will wait until tomorrow to see how they are doing. The eco & envirolites do not heat up very much; you can touch the bulb without burning yourself. I think I might turn the light the opposite direction tomorrow to see if it fits better that way more light on the plants I think ?

Latest posts

Latest posts