What's new

Tips for new grower

buddha13

I am growing for the first time (serious attempt). I have a ebb and flo system with a 55 gallon drum reservoir, a 5 gallon control unit and 2 gallons growing buckets. I have a 400 watt HPS and digital ballast. I am using a 50/50 mix of silica and hydroton for the growing media. I could use any tips and tricks for germination, cloning and any and all info worth sharing. I am using maxigro and maxibloom for nutrients.

e_24

read. read and read some more. i may have a low post count, but i was reading for two months before i cam onto any cannabis cultivation site. i like to come into the game with some knowledge. both to give, and recieve

Ripshot

your on the right track. now you need experience! failure is how i learned most of what i know.

jets fool

your on the right track. now you need experience! failure is how i learned most of what i know.

Truth. Learning, practicing, and proofing. Just be dedicated to and passionate about doing it... and in time, it'll be second nature.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
failure is how i learned most of what i know.

Truer words were never spoken! By mistakes we learn.

CLONERS- a collection of various methods covers nearly every major method of cloning. Pick a method, any method.

Other than that, K.I.S.S. (aka Keep It Simple, Stupid) The best thing to do to your plants is ... nothing. They know what to do. They have 20,000 years of genetic experience to guide them. Best thing to do is keep our hands to ourselves.

dgr

I have a ebb and flo system ... I am using a 50/50 mix of silica and hydroton for the growing media.

Can you explain what silica media you are using? When I read silica, I think sand. That would make a mess in a hydro system.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
#1 Love kills more plants then anything with first time growers.

#2 Patientce, don't go over reacting with love and mix up some more shit to dump on your plants

#3 Expect to learn from mistakes

#4 READ!!! Learn to use ICMAG effciently to research problems you may encounter

#5 Fires, smells, ex girlfriends/wives will ruin your day

K.I.S.S- Keep it simple stupid

May the force be with you!

dgr

NOTB,
He could be using some type of baked or mined product like Hygromite. Never know what something is called in the different countries represented here. I'm hoping he clears it up. But yeah, I would think sand would make a terrible, heavy mess in a hydro system.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
dont underwater

dont overdo nutes, less is more in most instances

KISS (not the method but the idea)

patience

listen to your favorite music in the grow area. they willl thank you

molasses

dont let you pets into the grow room (lots of hair)

let the ph sit for a few minutes before measuring....seems like it tends to rise over time

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
when identifying a deficieny, make sure you peer intently and with much thoroughness

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
dont underwater

dont overdo nutes, less is more in most instances

KISS (not the method but the idea)

patience

listen to your favorite music in the grow area. they willl thank you

molasses

dont let you pets into the grow room (lots of hair)

let the ph sit for a few minutes before measuring....seems like it tends to rise over time
I don't reccomend Molasses for an eb system. It creates cleanin issues.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I would strongly recommend you avoid organics as a first timer. Start easy, work your way up.