What's new

My OrganicLove, Humanure Trial Grow

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
I am 'bout ready to kick these beauties into flower, so I just transplanted them to new vessels.

Before Transplant

picture.php

After Transplant

picture.php

The left 3 plants are in 100% composted humanure, the right 3 are in a soil mix amended with plant meals and rock dusts, and the middle, orange Happy Halloween! pot is a mixture between the soil mix and humanure. All of the plants are from mexican bagbean except for the big red pot, which is a ThaiTanic goddess. They will be blooming under a 250 watt HPS.

I have never seen a grow in humanure on here before, and am excited to see how the plants perform in it. For those not familiar with the art of humanure, the idea is to turn a vessel (in my case, a bucket) into your new toilet. You do all of your shittin' and pissin' in your Humanure Toilet, covering your fertilizer gold with something like peat or sawdust as you go along. I used peat, so that would make the composition of my Magical Humanure Mixture: Peat, Liquid Gold, and Brown Gold... yaknowsay?

Since what you put in is what you put out, I'll briefly summarize my diet. I eat mostly plant-based foods, a little dairy, no meat. I eat all kinds of nutrient rich dopeness - like Raw Greens/Flowers/Fruits/Nuts/Seeds, HempSeeds, Spirulina and Chlorella - with the enthrallment of giving whatever my body doesn't use to my plants. I eat a better diet than Indonesian Fruit Bats yaknowsay?

Enjoy the show.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
something tells me stick to ewc for the bacterial components

pots look part wet part dry, imho no the best way to water

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
something tells me stick to ewc for the bacterial components

pots look part wet part dry, imho no the best way to water
Hey why the worms get to have all the fun? Yaknowsay'n?

I wasn't looking to saturate the whole soil, I was more just aiming to wet the root zones, to encourage the surrounding soil to "hug" the roots. I do appreciate your insight.

Daffy

So what are you eating and drinking? I've heard you don't use pet wastes because they're mostly meat.

ol toby

right on! i'm very curious to see your results, I've heard of successful amending with humanure, but not growing in it straight up. did you add anything to lighten it at all? or any nutritive ammendments? if it was composted aerobically it is probably high in P and somewhat low in N. Biochar charged with lots of urine could be a good addition, as it will be high in nitrates and hold air pockets to lighten up the mix.

blessings

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
So what are you eating and drinking? I've heard you don't use pet wastes because they're mostly meat.
Well, let's see. Today I've had... a Smoked Vanilla Coconut Fig Smoothie, a Lambsquarter Celery Algae Sprout Juice, you know, the usual. As for meat, it must've been like, 1 or 2 years since I quit cold turkey. Plus cold beef. A.. and chicken. And plus all the hot versions yaknowsay'n I'm done with all of it.
Do you take any prescription drugs or antibiotics?......SC

The only drugs I take are prescribed to me by Dr. BrewForBrains............. yaknosayin?

right on! i'm very curious to see your results, I've heard of successful amending with humanure, but not growing in it straight up. did you add anything to lighten it at all? or any nutritive ammendments? if it was composted aerobically it is probably high in P and somewhat low in N. Biochar charged with lots of urine could be a good addition, as it will be high in nitrates and hold air pockets to lighten up the mix.

blessings

Besides the peat added after each subsequent bowel movement, the only thing added to the humanure was food scraps, as I was using one pile for both my humanure and compost pile. The finished product does feel like it has a comfortable airiness to it, we'll see how it works out.

Blessings to you all!

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
Thanks fellas!

Just got some pics of the Jungle. I just watered them with a nourishing prana-rich microbial soup, made with fresh crumbly compost, rich organic molasses and liquid kelp. Aerated with love using my own 2 hands and a whisk. The girlies are loving it.

picture.php

My 2 biggest plants were just LST'd. This one is a bagbean that smells like roasted puppybreath.

picture.php

And here's my Thaitanic girly, also LST'd. She prevalently smells of good ol' fruity herby skunk. Both the girls are taking the LST very well, you can imagine the gentle resistance is pleasurable to them.

picture.php

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Wow, yeah I'm kinda grossed out too, but it's like watching a trainwreck.

Unless the lighting is seriously misleading, those plants look N-starved. Have you ph'ed your runoff?

NUG-JUG

hell ya canna! doing something we all will probably never try. sounds like you eat well, which is a good start.. i eat a lot of cheese, i'd lay off that first. it would be weird thinking of your plants before going into the local pizza place...

redneck shogun said in another thread you should market this as "Butt-Candy" I second that idea! lol

"only the finest feces for your plants"

I

Iron_Lion

Thanks fellas!

Just got some pics of the Jungle. I just watered them with a nourishing prana-rich microbial soup, made with fresh crumbly compost, rich organic molasses and liquid kelp. Aerated with love using my own 2 hands and a whisk. The girlies are loving it.

I dunno hand whisking poo tea would be a bit too much for me. Can I ask, what is your motivation for doing this? There is just something weird about defecating in a bucket and keeping it around for long periods of time, that takes some serious commitment.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Nevermind.....I'll stay out of this one. You gotta' admit Canna takes things to a different level.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
I think some people missed the part about it being composted. :laughing:

CannaE were you planning on doing any additional amendments? Like teas?

Latest posts

Latest posts