What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pehkuruder Question??

Where can I find Pehkuruder Seeds?? That is an amazing plant, and from what I have been reading it is also sativa dominant and it is auto flowering. So I was wondering where I could find seeds.

Thanks for any replies...

Nobody knows?? LoL..These breeders need to create more sativa dominant auto flowers. Too many Indica dominant strains that auto flower on the market and not enough sativas..

The only one I know of is a strain by dutch breed called short term amnesia..Thinking I am going to try that one..

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
Pehkuruder is a outdoor guerilla cross originating in finland. it's made of Pekin Pehku (early sativahybrid of about 2-3 m height. crossed to a doubleruder male (ruderalis indica x lowryder)

it's relatively unworked line, i started few years back working with it from the f2 generation, producing one almost 100% autoflowering line and few other early lines that finnish in the end of september for me.
i'm at N 62.

this is not a cross done by me and these seeds arent in commercial distribution, at least not yet. i know for a fact that new PKR autoflowering generations are being produced somewhere around the globe.

myself i'm going to continue growing my own early lines during coming seasons, open pollination is my next plan this summer. those beans might end up being offered somewhere, not through this site, though! ;)

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Good info..i have some AK47xPehkuruder and also some FINX lying around...might try those this season. Any info on the FINX Suomi?

Stay Safe

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
hello GDK!

Finx is a cross of (stuporsonic x lowryder) x (k2 x lowryder) incrossed for who knows how many generations. it's a very hardy middle sized plant for basically any outdoor conditions. not 100% autoflower but very early, occasionally some odd phenos from very fast autos to slower but extra resinous plants. taste is piney and high mostly body. seeds are noticeably dark.

Pehkuruder is a outdoor guerilla cross originating in finland. it's made of Pekin Pehku (early sativahybrid of about 2-3 m height. crossed to a doubleruder male (ruderalis indica x lowryder)

it's relatively unworked line, i started few years back working with it from the f2 generation, producing one almost 100% autoflowering line and few other early lines that finnish in the end of september for me.
i'm at N 62.

this is not a cross done by me and these seeds arent in commercial distribution, at least not yet. i know for a fact that new PKR autoflowering generations are being produced somewhere around the globe.

myself i'm going to continue growing my own early lines during coming seasons, open pollination is my next plan this summer. those beans might end up being offered somewhere, not through this site, though! ;)

Thanks Suomi

blackone

Veteran
I might donate some for the server fund if I manage to create enough seeds in the seedrun I'm doing. I expect to have those seeds ready around end May.
Have to make sure I have enough seeds for myself and the people I was gifted the the seeds from first though - also nothing will get posted if the original breeder disagrees.

UnNatuReal

... - also nothing will get posted if the original breeder disagrees.

I have nothing against Pehkuruder to be spread around or even used commercially by someone else. By my side it is kind of freeware and "open source".

As far as cannabis is illegal in my home country I don't have any interests on creating any crosses for profit to myself. There is "easier" ways to do little cash if need that (but what could be easier than chill out in garden, if would not need to be scared of cops or people who don't understand).

But I see there is not much talk about making profit. That server fund thing is cool as it helps this place to run and develop. Also I understand it's not much about making profits if ask a little for seeds.

I just like to see these genetics to spread and I'm very surprised how far they have already gone :)

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
I am currently starting SSH f2 x Pehkruders(ARCTIC HAZE) from Arctic Sun..thanks for the opportunity to grow these Finnish genetics..

peace
Chefboy

blackone

Veteran
I have nothing against Pehkuruder to be spread around or even used commercially by someone else. By my side it is kind of freeware and "open source".

As far as cannabis is illegal in my home country I don't have any interests on creating any crosses for profit to myself. There is "easier" ways to do little cash if need that (but what could be easier than chill out in garden, if would not need to be scared of cops or people who don't understand).

But I see there is not much talk about making profit. That server fund thing is cool as it helps this place to run and develop. Also I understand it's not much about making profits if ask a little for seeds.

I just like to see these genetics to spread and I'm very surprised how far they have already gone :)

Nice to hear - it's on then, I'll try to make a good bunch of seeds - check my Guerilla Stomping thread for progress.

So - if the cats want them I'll be doing some freebies, some server fund and if possible a lot for the private breeder's section for gift certs - could always use new genetics here.

Last edited:
A

arcticsun

The pehkuruders are still unworkded as mentioned and the beans i made are untested, but some are testing them right now, including myself..

I must warn that from the Pehkuruder crosses I made, in my grow there seems to be some leaf mutation going on, im not certain whether its caused by the inhouse conditions, feks too much light or by genetic disposition. My current plants were started under alot of continuous hps wattage, I wonder if the light may have caused the mutations in my plants. I would love to hear from anyone if they notice similar traits in any of the pehkuruder crosses.

I did not notice such mutations in any of the parents, these seems to want to shoot 13 fingered leaves. Leaf mutation pure pehkuruder. These mutations have also shown in many of the ak47/pkr f1 offspring.

Pehkuruder leaf mutation...

83140.JPG

Also be attentive about the Finx crosses, because some herms was found in some of the pure original Finx females I received, the male used did not show hermie traits, neither did the AK47 used, these herms displayed at the end of flowering in the females after I had done pollinations with the male. These finx females were subjected to severe drought stress at a couple of occations to the point where they almost died on me.

These have neither been tested properly, a friend of mine who is also a very proficient grower is currently testing 10 Sisu females. Im hoping to show pictures of them later on if he permits.

Part of the reason some have received them is to test them because I couldnt possibly test them all myself. Too little time, too many strains. Ill make a point of that they were not distributed through ICMag, those who are members here and has them are coincidently also members in the place through which I distributed them or got them from different sources.

I doubt they will reach any commercial outlet, it remains an amateur project, maybe some day after they have been rigorously tested and bred outdoors in the arctic ill consider dropping some for sale. Hopefully this leaf mutation is not too dominant in the strain and we can continue using it in future crosses.

But as suomi-prkl said its an unworked strain.

The pehkuruders are still unworkded as mentioned and the beans i made are untested, but some are testing them right now, including myself..

I must warn that from the Pehkuruder crosses I made, in my grow there seems to be some leaf mutation going on, im not certain whether its caused by the inhouse conditions, feks too much light or by genetic disposition. My current plants were started under alot of continuous hps wattage, I wonder if the light may have caused the mutations in my plants. I would love to hear from anyone if they notice similar traits in any of the pehkuruder crosses.

I did not notice such mutations in any of the parents, these seems to want to shoot 13 fingered leaves. Leaf mutation pure pehkuruder. These mutations have also shown in many of the ak47/pkr f1 offspring.

Pehkuruder leaf mutation...

83140.JPG

Also be attentive about the Finx crosses, because some herms was found in some of the pure original Finx females I received, the male used did not show hermie traits, neither did the AK47 used, these herms displayed at the end of flowering in the females after I had done pollinations with the male. These finx females were subjected to severe drought stress at a couple of occations to the point where they almost died on me.

These have neither been tested properly, a friend of mine who is also a very proficient grower is currently testing 10 Sisu females. Im hoping to show pictures of them later on if he permits.

Part of the reason some have received them is to test them because I couldnt possibly test them all myself. Too little time, too many strains. Ill make a point of that they were not distributed through ICMag, those who are members here and has them are coincidently also members in the place through which I distributed them or got them from different sources.

I doubt they will reach any commercial outlet, it remains an amateur project, maybe some day after they have been rigorously tested and bred outdoors in the arctic ill consider dropping some for sale. Hopefully this leaf mutation is not too dominant in the strain and we can continue using it in future crosses.

But as suomi-prkl said its an unworked strain.

Thanks Arcticsun....That is very interesting...I can see that it is still unworked...but it shows some some promising potential for the future...It seems there are also quite a few phenos...some sativa and some indica by looking at your pics...

Kaneh

That leaf mutation looks very cool!
I would breed with those plants and hope it's genetic...

A

arcticsun

I was thinking id rather pick out the phenos with perfect looking 13 fingered leaves and cross them to an auto AK47 ive got that is trinoded on one branch. Maybe make a tri noded 13 fingered leaf plant :D

That sounds cool to me, could name it 313 :D

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
got some Arctic Haze(SSHf2xPehkruder) going in the ground tomorrow is currently 1.5 feet tall hopefully I will be able to LST her and get some nice early sativa buds... and have gifted 2 others to people who will take good care of them..So these will be grown out thanks ArcticSun

and have also just started 4 Finx's and 3 have popped up..These will be grown on my g/f''s porch..Hopefully some real early smoke..before it gets to be too obvious

peace
Chefboy

UnNatuReal

Pehkuruder seems very interesting. Old cult Jeppis genetics somehow dominating while Doubleruder has given more earliness and even autoflower to it.

(Doubleruder is not bad cross/strain either if ask from me :D Not low potent stuff at all like people could think. My friend who was on OG's strainguide staff (say hello if around here) said it gives most depressive high "ever" and even thats not good thing, then low potent and non trippy high can not be very depressive high...)

Still I have only made pkr (damn I love this shortening as it reminds me of my another loved hobby, poker playing) only to F2's before people has breed these way further and be guilty for these to be available here and there :)

I have bunch of Pehkuruder F2 seeds separated from two of main F1 phenos and seven different "mothers" inside of those two (I did spread them as "mixed"). Thats a good source for making own lines after seeing some of others results, if I ever have time or if I don't get some killer line from someone else before that I don't have to try do own with hoping to get lucky on small scale breeding :pointlaug

Keep Pehkuruder growing, do own lines and crossing if got good parents, thats actually what I'm hoping and trying to say:tiphat:

A

arcticsun

Hey unnatureal my friend :)

The pehkruuders has given us all alot of fun :D I made a cross with pehkuruder to a regular AK47 and the offspring was fantastic. The flavor on them was amazing, a very fruity and delishious flavor that i will be looking to recreate.

:wave:

Slim Pickens

Veteran
My friend who was on OG's strainguide staff (say hello if around here) said it gives most depressive high "ever" and even thats not good thing, then low potent and non trippy high can not be very depressive high...)

Please take no offense UnNatuReal,but the above statement confuses me.

The way I read it,it sounds like the PKR causes depression?That doesn't sound right to me.Can anyone help us with the description here?

I know that not everyone on this board speaks English as their native tongue,and usually I can make out what is being said,but am having a bit of a hard time with this one.. :)

A

arcticsun

I actually wrote in one of my smokereports about the pehkuruder that it gave me an uplifting and giggly high.

However, im a very bad test subject when it comes to new strains or drugs in general, I never respond normally to drugs, rather the opposite effect occurs on me often. Im permanently baked, like Obelix, nobody knows what triggers me anymore lolol.

Im strictly on weed tho, dont even drink :)