What's new

SUPER NEWBIE CFL STEALTH MICROGROW

MR.Montana

HERE IT IS GUYS AND GALS....MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT A GROWCAB ....CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET THE MAXIMUM YIELD FROM THIS....MY PLANT HAS BEEN STARTED IN SOIL AND IS AROUND THE ONE WEEK MARK WITH 24/0 LIGHTING USING TWO CFL BULBS AT 6500K AND 3000K ANY SUGGESTIONS?
picture.php
picture.php
http://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=15598&pictureid=317024

amazonbird

dang dude i give you kudos for the sweet idea on your cab. well help us out :) how tall is that night stand? how are you cooling it? do you have pc fans on those holes? where is the intake and exhaust? which strain are you growing cuz i would probably switch to 12/12 lighting and i imagine your scrogging right? (i noticed the shelving for the screen) over all dude i give you mad props. I want to make one of these now :) that thing looks dank for a 70w hps :)

touchofgrey

imo, the best way to maximize yield in a small box is scrog. how much wattage are you running? with cfl's you need to keep the light close to the plants so you either need to have the ability to raise the plants or lower the light. attach the scrog to the container?

MR.Montana

DIMENSIONS AND SUCH

DIMENSIONS AND SUCH

YEAH I WAS SIKED WHEN MY GIRL SAID I COULD CONVERT THIS THING
HOPEFULLY YOU CAN READ THE WRITING ON THE PIC.

ALSO I HAVE STARTED FROM SEED AND ALL I KNOW IS IT WAS SOME DANK AND EXPENSIVE SHIT....I HAVE NO ACCESS TO CLONES RIGHT NOW....THE DIMENSIONS ARE 23"TALL... 7 DEEP AND 14 ACROSS....I'M ONLY RUNNING 2 x23 WATT BULBS AND THE TEMPS STAY VERY COOL...BARELY WARM(NO THERMOMETER YET)...THAT FAN PUSHES GOOD AND THERE IS NEGATIVE PRESSURE IN THE CAB...ILL POST SOME PICKS OF THE PLANT NEXT AFTER ITS NAP TIME WHICH STARTED TODAY(20/4)...ANY IDEAS OR CONCERNS....I DON'T HAVE ANY NUTES

MR.Montana

OH YEAH THERE ARE NO FANS ON THE BOTTOM INTAKES BUT WAS ONCE TOLD YOU SHOULD HAVE TWICE THE INTAKE FOR THE EXHAUST TO BE UNRESTRICTED.THOSE HOLES PULL SOME GOOD ENOUGH AIR TO MAKE THE PLANT WAVE HELLO....SLIGHTLY

touchofgrey

Nice looking cabinet, gotta love that aluminum tape.

But if you're just running 46 watts you definately need to be able to raise the plants to be close to the light. For one plant you can just set an upside down pot or something under the plant to raise it up during veg but by the time you set the screen and start training it would help to have a tray or shelf with the screen attached to it. That way you can keep it close to the lights while training and be able to pull it out to make it easier to get to the back.

Also, you said dank. I'm guessing will probably start noticing a smell in your place soon and by the time you're flowering you will be looking for a scrubber solution. You should get a head start on that...

Green Smoke

Is that metal tape???? An expensive alternative to white paint, but damn it looks good. :good: It looks like the intakes have some kind of light trap, but what about the fan?

To get max yield you might want to add some more light. The 70 watt hps is a good idea. You could also change those 23 watt cfl's to 42 watt cfl's. Or maybe just add some more 23's. Good luck

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Hey Montana, welcome to the club. Do us a favor and turn off the caps lock key. It makes your posts difficult to read and is considered quite rude. Thanks. Break a stem.

MR.Montana

There she is! and a few Questions for you.

There she is! and a few Questions for you.

Hoping she's a girl!!!

?????
Should i bury the plant with more soil....up closer to the leaves?:watchplant:

MR.Montana

Yeah i really hope i get a girl too...and ill probably go to some bigger cfls,,,,

Considering what i have for space when should i change to 12/12?

Grimr3efer

Well if yer going to scrog then you got to top it and train it depending on how many tops you want but I'd prob top it around the 4th or 5th node (depending on strech). Gonna be a few more weeks till you switch 12/12. I'd wait prob 5 weeks but depends on different things. You should be able to tell the sex by then too.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Should i bury the plant with more soil....up closer to the leaves?:watchplant:

Depends on how much patience you have. I would, BUT, lowering the plant into the soil will lead to a 2-3 week stall in growth as the plant develops new roots towards the surface.

If you're going to ScrOG, flip when 1/2 the screen is full. If not, I'd flip ASAP as the flip leads to a stretching period and weak lighting sees additional stretch as well. After you see what this grow does, make adjustments the next time around.

And thank you very much for turning off the caps lock. Much easier on the eyes.:thank you:

MR.Montana

Thanks i was hoping someone would answer that for me...still not sure which root i'll take but i'll keep ya posted on the progress

MR.Montana

another newbie ?

another newbie ?

Is it possible to get a gram per watt outta this enclosure...I've only got 46 watts total.....am i crazy?:plant grow:

Latest posts

Latest posts