What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WFF Coco Part 2 - BOG Sour Lifesaver

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
As my name suggests, I am a former hydro guy. Before my last grow, I had to scale down from a 1K to 400, and I gave coco a shot with some local Indica bag seed. It came out great, and I am now a big advocate of coco.

Here are some quick specs for the upcoming grow:

2x3x8 closet
400 watt switchable MH/HPS
scrog style
10 BOG Sour Lifesaver (Sour Bubble x Lifesaver)
GH Flora nutrients

picture.php

I will be popping all 10 beans tomorrow. More details to come soon.

I am super stoked to be growing some BOG gear as I have wanted to try since the OG days.

Thanks for stopping by. :wave:

WFF

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
I popped 10x BOG Sour Lifesaver and 5x Nirvana PPP (Freebie) yesterday. In less than 24 hours, 4 of the BOG beans have popped. They are going into rapid rooters and under the MH.

More details soon.

WFF

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Day 25 Veg

Day 25 Veg

Here is a long overdue update. I had some initial set backs with environmental issues.

All 10 showed tails within 48 hours and went into rapidrooters. I went away for 36 hours on Thanksgiving and my closet was too dry and a little warm - 9 of them stalled (ie shock) with 1 shooting up no problem. I popped 5 PPP freebies at the same time, and they exploded. So, I figured the BOG seeds were a little sensitive to humidity.

Right or wrong, I then removed the shell from most to help get them going and placed them in a high humidity cool environment. 8 of the 9 seemed like they were going to make it, but some simply stopped rooting. I tried using a little Clonex, but it did not help.

Long story short... I had 3 total make it. I learned a valuable lesson and I will not repeat my mistakes.

Here are some pics from today of Sour Lifesaver at 25 days from seed:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here are the 5 PPP going strong. They are amazingly uniform:

picture.php

picture.php

Here is a group shot. The 3 SLS are 2 front left and 1 back left:

picture.php

That brings it up to speed. I will posting more frequent updates now. Happy Holidays!!!

WFF

Im tagging along. Bummer about the humid issues. Glad to hear you were able to still get some Bog going. I just received some BogBubble and 3p. I have been wanting to grow his gear since OG days aswell. Ill definitely be checking out your updates and progress. Happy Holidays and Grow On.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Day 30 Veg

Day 30 Veg

Hey Ed. Thanks for stopping by the thread. I was bummed at first, but as long as I got 1 good girl I will be happy. They still have not shown sex, but I run 24/0 lights.

Here are some pics from today at 30 days from seed:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Happy Holidays to everyone.

WFF

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Day 35 Veg

Day 35 Veg

Here are a few pics today. I am going to transplant to 2 gallon in a few days and then one week to flower.

The plants are starting to show sex, but it is too early to tell.

picture.php

picture.php

Happy Holidays.

WFF

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Day 40 Veg

Day 40 Veg

I will be transplanting tomorrow to 2 gallon smart pots and then flowering in a week. They are just beginning to show sex, but I think that I have 2 females (#1 & #3) and 1 male (#2). Here are a few pics from today.

Group Shots:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

#2 - The best looking plant. I suspect that it is male, but I will be flowering seperately to collect pollen and keeping a few clones. It really looks like a special plant:

picture.php

picture.php

Happy New Year!!!

WFF

Jare

Genetics' hunter
Veteran
Looks very nice man, i just popped 5 Sour Saver seeds last night, can't wait to see them in flower :D

Tagged :)

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Hello everyone!!! Thanks for good karma and stopping by the thread. The plants are doing great. I have been 12/12 for 3 days, and I have 1 female, 1 probable female and 1 probable male.

WFF

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Day 49 From Seed

Day 49 From Seed

Here are the plants from yesterday. They have been under 12/12 for 2 days at this point. I also tied down the tops of the largest two to even out the canopy.

#1 - Probable Male

picture.php

#2 - Probable Female (The best looking plant - I will be SOOOOOOOOOOO stoked if this is a girl!!!)

picture.php

#3 - Female

picture.php

Group Shot

picture.php

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Well, I had it backwards. #1 was the female and #2/#3 were males. The female is the largest and most branchy plant - So, I am happy. I would have loved to have a larger selections of females, but this should be super-kill smoke.

I took two clones to ensure she has many runs in the future. I also took a couple clones of the #2 male - It is such a beautiful plant that I will keep it for future breeding.

More pics in a few days.

WFF