What's new

Nobodyknew's new grow that nobody knew about

nobodyknew

Hi(gh) everybody :wave:
It is with great trepidation and a good deal of prompting - take a bow Leeroy :joint: that I'm kicking off what I hope will be an entertaining ride.
I would ask in advance that you all be just a little patient with me as I am a virgin when it comes to doing a thread of my own rather than just replying to one - phew...
Guess I just popped my cherry:dance:
Feels O.K tho :joint:
Due to a severe whitefly problem I recently had to shut everything down and insect-bomb all rooms :yoinks:
So now I have to start again.....
Here is what we are going to be using

Plus some:

Then some:

And after that some of this

Also some Serious Seeds AK-47 but I seem to have lost the pic of that - guess you'll just have to take my word for that - lol
And the reason I had to shut down the grow was I wasn't allowed to use this

That's the trouble with friends - lol - they mean well but their priorities seem a little skewed sometimes....

nobodyknew

I suppose I should elaborate a little on what I'm using
Basically it is just a simple ebb/flow system using 1 metre square tables.
The veg roon has two tables - each with their own reservoir - an important point for reasons which will become obvious later.
The sun is supplied by a 1000W HPS.
I know - a MH would be better for veg but I like to carry spares of everything and keeping the lamp-type to one kind is a saving in spare bulb stock - not to mention I only need to keep one spare ballast instead of two....
For our American friends I should point out we run on 240V over here in the land of Oz and you don't want to get on the wrong side of that :joint:
Not without some really thick rubber-soled shoes anyway..
Besides - when the rooms are up and running I hardly ever spend any more than 4 weeks in veg anyway.
I have two bedrooms that have no beds in them anymore and these are now my flower rooms.
These rooms are set permanently on a 12 hour flowering cycle - it never changes.....
Also I run them at night so when they come to read the meter in the day the little wheels in the meterbox aren't spinning like dervishes on crack....
Each room is running two of the metre-square trays (with their own 80 litre res.) and a 1000W HPS hanging above each table so I'm pretty right for light.
When things are going smoothly each flower room is running an 8 week flower period and one room has a four week headstart which means there is a room ready to harvest every four weeks.
When the diesel stuff gets going that will all be in one room to accomodate the extra flower time they will require.
Enough for tonite - I'm off to bed :wave:

nycnoob

wow man this sounds like it will be great...two cleared out bedrooms for flowering..that sounds sick.. can have like a perpetual harvest every 3 days or something.. (=..not to mention the great freaking strains

G

Holy smokes!!!!!!
WOoo!! YEs! he finally stated a grow thread!! :D :canabis: :friends: :joint: :moon: :biglaugh:
Man that seed line up look tasty as hell too, you must have spent a pretty penny on those babies :canabis:
Cant wait to watch this one! :yummy: :canabis: :friends:

G

**I would ask in advance that you all be just a little patient with me as I am a virgin**

:eek: :biglaugh: :spank: :biglaugh: :D :wave:

nobodyknew

Thanks for dropping in nycnoob :wave:
I suppose I could have a perpetual harvest every three days but that sounds like too much work really - a room every four weeks is more my speed :joint:
Besides my job as a musician occasionally takes me away from home so every three days wouldn't really be convenient - nice thought tho........
And a big hello to Leeroy and his Company :wave:
See - constant badgering DOES produce results :chin:
So I guess you're to blame for all this - lol :chin:
Thanks for dropping in Bigmone - I'll try not to disappoint :joint:
Anyway - let's get to the gig...........
First off will be the AK-47 x 10 - and Bog's Bogbubble x 10.
It's been a long time since I fooled around with seeds so I'll take it slowly at first
Here they are in their paper towels

Some of the AK-47 are sprouting already but the Bogbubble is a little slow
We'll see what tomorrow brings :joint:

G

I reckon the cold temps in oz lately are not helping germination efforts much but i sure hope those seeds play the game for you :joint:

how long you gonne keep them in paper towels for before you think they might not show? up to 14 days is it?

nobodyknew

I'll speed things up here by four days and jump to the chase.
The end result was I got 10 out of 10 on the AK-47 but sadly I got only 2 out of 10 for the Bogbubble
Now I am not blaming the breeder as we did get a cold snap and I was away for a couple of days and not here to take care of business so if any blame should be apportioned it could only be laid on my shoulders
O/K then
So here they are on the table and in their pots

You'll notice at the back there are 3 pots with no tags - they are blueberry clones - you're familiar with that aren't you Leeroy - lol
Those clones are unrooted and in the pots for less than an hour when they were slammed on the table - under the 1000W HPS
No domes - no aero-cloners - no misting - no root treatment - hell - no roots even - no foliarfeeding - no hardening-off - just straight onto the table with their fresh out of the paper towel seedling soul-siblings
Only for the moment am I running half-strength veg. nutes in the res :joint:
Ain't life grand..... :joint:

nobodyknew

The only cloud on the horizon being a deficiency in numbers.... :confused:
Nothing to do but press on - straight ahead - faster - lol
Next up to the chopping block will be Lifesaver x 5 and Soma's NYCD x 10
I'm hoping for a good germ rate but it's still cold here
So here they are

And in the towels

Nothing to do now but wait..............

G

Im looking forward to seeing the old Blueberry make a comeback in your room mate :canabis:
She really was the best plant ive ever had the pleasure of growing and smoking...

Nice looking kitty cat too!, she looks like she is a bit temperamental though,im not patting her unless you do first lol

nobodyknew

Alright - time for an update
I've skipped ahead to Day 14 - counted from when the germinated seeds were first placed in their pots.
This is how they look now

The two little seedlings are the NYCD

It was around this point I considered asking Leeroy if I could merge with his "House of Horrors" thread because it is my sad duty to report that I got only one Lifesaver seed to pop (out of 5) and I got only three NYCD to pop out of 10.
Or perhaps rename it as nobody's chateau de charnel-house thread
Now this time I know it's problem-belong-me cos during summer I popped the other 5 Lifesaver seeds and they ALL germed within 24 hours and I was astonished at the vigour of the growth.......
And the Lifesaver seedling seems NOT to have a grow-tip - pics shortly
So in an oblique kind of way it's a testament to Soma that I managed to get three seedlings despite the killing-ground I call my seed-germing technique :joint:
Luckily I have a bunch of old skunk number two seeds so I will practise on them I think before I add another surprise to my personal economy...
So that leaves the count currently at 10 x AK47 and 3 x Bogbubble and 3 x NYCD and 1 x Lifesaver maybe - all at this stage unsexed :chin:
And 2 x Blueberry clones - but I already know they are ladies......
And it's still cold here...........
Any suggestions.....?

G

*tagged* you're messin with some devine genetics, my friend. i'll be watching along. grow on!

peace,
nandro :joint:

G

Mate, ive just put my germing plates ontop of my actual hps light reflector(safely ofcourse) and so far so good, i can see some germing happily, maybe put your wee seeds ontop of or near your big ol light for some warmth?

The other seedlings are looking good, i still cant get my head around hydro so watching this should help me get more of an idea how you do it, either that, or it will give me new ideas about how to kill more plants! bwahaha :sasmokin:

nobodyknew

Thanks for dropping in Fernandro - luv that name :joint:
Messing with the seeds is a pretty apt description of what I've accomplished so far :pointlaug
Still - you live and learn - hopefully :chin:

And welcome to you zeppelindood :wave:
I put a lot of thought into what I bought and at this stage I should say a big thankyou to Gypsy for having the foresight to establish SD and Seedbay to cater to strain-junkies such as myself - and without whose assistance none of this would be possible in Australia - so - Thankyou

What size lamp are you running Leeroy - don't forget I'm running 1000 watters and there is quite a bit of heat at the top.........

Anyway res changes are due - plants to be moved - clones to be cut - fish to fry and all that jazz - pics later.............

Latest posts

Latest posts