What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canyon grow show NORCAL 09

BongRipkenJR.

12 of em
The smaller 12
Purple Afghani X East Coast Sour Diesel
Just Granddad

This is my grow show of 09. I have been an indoor grower on and off for the last 7 years and this is my first attempts at a real outdoor grow. Should provide enough medicine to last a long time.

The strains are as follows:
Purple Afghani X East Coast Sour Diesel(MOD Seeds)
Blue Dream
Grape Krush
Berry White(A strain my friend geekgrower made by crossing a DJ Short Blueberry with an unknown white widow male) 2 phenos as you might have guessed.
Granddaddy Purps
Granddaddy Purps X Sweet Tooth
Thomson(A strain a hippie friend has been developing for 7 years now. Has an intense cherry lollipop smell)
NYC Diesel

That should be all of them. I am probably forgetting a strain.

Also, does anybody know some good mite control methods. I have tried them all. I am currently trying sucra shield which is very tricky to use, but it seems to work for a little while. The smaller 12 got some mites due to the dogs getting in the fence. I have them at bay, but cant get rid of them. All those hippie organic methods seemed to do nothing and neem oil is a joke if you already have a few mites.

Also anybody have any tips about using Humboldt Gravity and Snow Storm? I am currently using Maxsea grow and bloom, Sub Culture M, botanicare sweet, and EM-1 as a folier spray. I am about to introduce the Humboldt stuff in a couple weeks because these plants have not been budding for more than 1-2 and a half weeks.

Input from any experienced outdoor grower would be nice. Oh, and the soil is Happy Frog.

And I know this is under another forum. I posted it in the wrong place originally. Sorry!

Last edited:

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
High there! Those are some great looking plants! Look like plenty for jar filling purposes :joint:

Did you see this thread in the sticky section above the outdoor forum- Guide for Insects and Pest Prevention

When I used to grow indoors, I used a homemade spray invented by my father:

Combine:
1- 16oz bottle of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide(like is sold for first aid)
1- TBS of dish detergent
1- TBS of sugar

I'd spray this on any affected plants, once or twice a week. The peroxide fries them, the soap suffocates, and the sugar makes it all stick.

A few words of warning:

1. Test it on one leaf first, check after a few hours to makes sure the Peroxide is diluted enough, and doesn't bleach your plants. Then move onto a whole plant, and then onto your crop once its proven safe.

2. Deer will take a distinct interest in the plants after spraying due to the sugar.

All and all though, I really doubt you need to do anything, mites are rarely a big problem outdoors. Mites are everywhere outdoors, and since their natural predators are also present, the mites never get as bad as they are indoors where they rampage at will. Trying to eliminate the Mites will prove fruitless, since new ones will simply jump over from neighboring native plants, there is no way to "clean the room" and rid yourself completely.

At any rate, good luck with this grow!

Last edited:

BongRipkenJR.

I think I am going to buy some Floramite. Everyone says it works. Ive tried all other methods. The smaller 12 are the ones with the might problem, but it isnt too bad. The other 12 dont have a problem because the dogs never got in there. They are also in the ground where the other ones are in 25 gallon buckets and containers. The smaller 12 also have the more unstable genetics like the Berry Whites and Grape Krush. The NYC Diesels and Blue Dreams are doing fine and have no problems in the smaller garden. The floramite should work from what I hear. Gonna buy a 1oz bottle on ebay for 25 bucks. That shit is about 280 for a quart. Thanks for the info. I will put bud pictures up later this week. I will try to get pictures of the mite infested plants also.

BongRipkenJR.

Thanks dude, Im hella scared to use that Gravity and Snowstorm. I think I am only going to use it on the berry whites and select other ones that have a chance of being a little bit fluffy.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow. just WOW to the POW.
holy to the moly.

that garden is another of the ones that r in my dreams.

like just the other night I dreamped that me and my old dealer baught a country house wit 4 acres of land behind it and grew pot like all u big grows on here. stay safe and irey.=}

ithruxix

dont bother with floramite. you will b flowering soon, and the residue will stay on the plant no matter how often you wash it off. pray for cold weather ... if its serious get a h202 cup and a tooth brush. it will take you all day, but wipe every single leaf down and dip the toothbrush in the cup of peroxide. while the h202 wont hurt the plant, try to get most of it off before rebrushing the leaves. that is one safe way, while very painstaking, which is effective. the key is to not only get the adult mites but the small eggs as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts