What's new

difference between dj shorts blue moonshine and dutch passions?

B

blancorasta

does anyone know the difference if any between dj shorts blue moonshine and dutch passions? dj shorts version was the first i was aware of but i havent seen it in a while, in the meantime dutch passion released a strain of the same name and description along with a hefty price tag. did DP purchase the strain from DJS or something? detailed info would be great :1help:

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
like night and day......good and band.....salt and pepper.......
get the DJ......NO comparison.period

I wouldn't say that so fast.

Dutch Passions purchased a bunch of DJ shorts stock and he was involved to some extent in testing but maybe not selection or something along those lines?

They've got his gear, but I don't know what he did for them to get to what they sell.

DP flo, blueberry, and blue moonshine would have to be similar to the shorts stuff as it uses the same breeding stock. I mean you don't pay someone a large sum of money for nothing.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Yeah, my Dutch Passion Flos are fabulous, and I wouldn't swap them for anything - and they are pretty much identical to what DJS supplied them with many years ago. Blue Moonshine is one of his oldest strains, and DP have been selling it for something like a decade - no idea what it's like, though I'm just starting some f2s of DJ's version.

His own lines are from more recent, larger selections made by himself, so it's probably likely that phenos more akin to his faves will be possible, but I wouldn't write off DP that quickly - they are one of the oldest companies around after all.

And I keep pointing this out, but it's never acknowleged - no-one questioned the authenticity of DP's 'Blue' lines (including DJS) until DJS set up his own label, and then suddenly all DP's output are 'fakes' or 'knockoffs', when in actuality, they're just holding approved, but older stock that they (presumably) still use 'as was' for their breeding.

K

kopite

From memory DP selected from around 50 seeds per strain, and Dj didn't get to see the plants just the end product... they (Henk) also decided to stop paying DJ and they let him work with others etc.... I think it comes down to your own morales and ethics... If you are happy to give Henk the $ thats upto you...

Kopite

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
good point.....kopite.......DP runz there facilitiez......like a mass/production.....puppybreeding farm........
all tucked away in cubiclez.......like sum unholy scientific treatment gone horrablie wrong...........besidez.....most dutch strainz are burntout.....
everyone knowz canadian geneticz R......fresher....cleaner.....and better kept:2cents:

uraverage

Pics and reports have been sent to the CPA (cannabis protection agency).
After the first beheading, i'm sure they will change their practices.

:)

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
i grew both BB and they were nearly da same.....
its the old story of the Dutch hater here....stop bitching around and let share some productiv informations

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Here's what Dutch Passion have to say about Blueberry:
The Original Blueberry is the flagship strain of the Blue Family, having gained great popularity amongst worldwide growers. Its name was chosen because of Blueberry's blue hues and its incredible blueberry aroma which is amazingly close to the taste and smell of real blueberries. The Original Blueberry was introduced to the Dutch market in 1998, together with Blue Velvet, Blue Moonshine, Blue Heaven and Flo, the other members of the Blue Family. All of them were originally bred by DJ Short and adopted by Dutch Passion, made possible by a cooperation with the Canadian breeder. Blueberry is a heavily resinous mostly indica strain (80%), mainly consisting of an Afghani indica, the sativa genetics predominantly come from a Thai sativa and, to a minor degree, also from an Oaxacan (Mexican) sativa.

These three truebred parental lines, old landraces that date back to the 70ies, represent the genetic framework for every member of the Blue Family. The Original Blueberry's participations in the High Times Cannabis Cup have been crowned with great success: In the year of 2000, it impressively dominated the competition, winning both the overall Cannabis Cup and the indica category. In the following year, Blueberry took second place in the overall Cup and third place in the indica category. With a THC content of 19.5%, measured by an independent laboratory, Blueberry belongs to the group of strains that have to be considered very strong. But nevertheless its high is expected to be clear and euphoric rather than devastating.

Original Flo:
In 1998, Dutch Passion launched a cooperation with breeder DJ Short, adopting his "Blue Family" strains, including Blueberry, Blue Velvet, Blue Moonshine, Blue Heaven and Flo. These genetics were totally new to the Dutch and widely also European market, blowing a fresh breeze into the landscape of cannabis genetics which was heavily dominated by the Amsterdam gene pool (Skunk, Northern Lights, Haze) and White Widow. The Blue Family brought amazing new aromas and tastes, also attracting the growers with its fancy colours.

Flo is one of the most charismatic and fascinating strains within the Blue Family, consisting of 60% sativa and 40% indica genetics - which means the highest sativa content of all Blue Family strains. Most of Flo's sativa genetics come from an Oaxacan (Mexican) sativa, the other from a Thai sativa, and the indica genetics are contributed by an Afghani indica strain. These three truebred parental lines represent the genetic framework of the Blue Family, all of its members have their own specific genotype within these three genetic cornerstones. Already in the 70ies, DJ Short had collected, selected and refined the original landraces Oaxacan, Thai and Afghani. Real raw and mighty cannabis genetics, powered by mother nature. The Blue Family members clearly express this vital background.

K

kopite

its the old story of the Dutch hater here....stop bitching around and let share some productiv informations

The dutch don't share they take...

All of them were originally bred by DJ Short and adopted by Dutch Passion, made possible by a cooperation with the Canadian breeder.

perhaps adopted could be termed "hacked" and cooperation termed rip off... we have your stock and now don't need you...

Kopite

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Breeders often source their lines out to co-operative seed banks.

Hope this helps

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I have four of the DP blue moonshine to harvest tomorrow, I am very dissapointed with them. This is the clone batch, the seed plants are cured and are very disappointing, not bad smoke, but just a mild blue sativa. That is three phenos, no winners.
H

K

kopite

and usually u should not no if the paid him or if not(BTW: they did)....may u know some more, we don't no!! Plz tell us bro!!!!

and I trust Chimera is closer to Dj than both of us

DJ HAD a liscensing deal with DP, at one point in time. DJ no longer receives royalties from DP's sales of the lines he created INDEPENDENTLY of any dutch seedbank. There was a deal in place, and then one day a letter showed up telling DJ that he would not be receiving any further royalties from DP.

That's the truth, if anyone cares.

Support the original creator of Flo and the Blues, and buy from DJ Short.

-Chimera

and THC123 reds my fav colour thanks for the neg

kopite

mojojojo

put it this way ,would you buy kush from amsterdam or a med club in cali?

dont support people like this or you get whats comming to ya.
like people buying the greenhouse imitations like trainwreck ect.,and they get bullshit
then wonder why.

K

kopite

THC123 have some balls and say what you have to say here not in my rep.... if its all bullshit as you say do tell !

Latest posts

Latest posts