What's new

Lucas Formula Simplified

Can somebody please post here a feeding schedule for the Lucas Formula in milliliters per gallon (no ppm’s).

Explain it as you would to a child or a feeble-minded adult.

:kos:

Well, I would tell a child or a feeble-minded adult to use the search function.

If they were having trouble after that, I would throw them a bone by saying the Lucas formula is simply this, and nothing more:

RO Water
8 ml GH Flora Micro
16 ml GH Flora Bloom

That's it. That's the Lucas Formula. Nothing more, nothing less. For the entire life of the plant. No additives, no enhancers, no nothing. Just RO water and 8ml/16ml of the GH Flora Micro and Bloom.

If you have any questions after reading this post, then you didn't read this post.

jimmie

also if you are using a 1 part nutrient

pure blend pro
ro water
15ml bloom
5ml cal/mag plus

flora nova
ro water
8ml
but if you get a reading of over 1400 ppm use 6 ml(this is from lucas)

little-soldier

ive tried the lucas formula and it didnt work out for me on 3 different strains
I dont know why lucas has never mentionned to add cal/mag but I ALWAYS HAVE to add some. Plus 8ML/GAL of micro gives way too much nitrogen after the first 2 weeks of flo. I flushed for 10 days and the leafs were still dark green*. Anyways Im not trying to make the lucas formula look bad, it just that so far Ive tried it 3 times and never had a perfect grow with 3 different strains.

lapa

Give it i try with 4/8 per gallon. Look your plants give them more if they need but keep the ratio. 2-3 week before flushing you can leave micro away. I use it this way with nft and i love it. I dont use ro water but my tap water is allways les than 100 ppm.

G

GMax

what about molasses ? anybody use molasses with lucas formula ?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
ive tried the lucas formula and it didnt work out for me on 3 different strains
I dont know why lucas has never mentionned to add cal/mag but I ALWAYS HAVE to add some.
Cal-mag is not needed with the Lucas formula, ever. No additives and nothing but RO water.
If you have a 'deficiency' then you need to up the pH to around 6.0-6.1 for a week or so (depending on your strain) to allow it more Mag availability. The Lucas formula has plenty of Mag and plenty of Calcium.

Try the new(ish) FloraNova line that Lucas has switched to, you'll really appreciate the ease.

Can somebody please post here a feeding schedule for the Lucas Formula in milliliters per gallon (no ppm’s).

Explain it as you would to a child or a feeble-minded adult.

:kos:

Super simple. 5 to 7 ml of Flora Nova 'Grow' per gallon of RO during Veg.
8ml of Flora Nova 'Bloom' per gallon of RO during bloom.

The super super simple res maintenance method is to do a changout when you reach a 100% add-back.

To explain this we'll take a 10 gallon res as an example.

During Bloom:
First you mix your res.
10 Gallons of RO water.

If you're using General Hydroponics Flora 3-part you will add
80ml of Micro and mix it well.
160ml of Bloom and mix it well.

If you're using General Hydroponics FloraNova 1 part series you will add
80ml of Bloom.

Once you have your res filled, mark the solution level on the side of your tank somehow. Add pH up until you hit about 5.8. Keep track of how much you added.

Put in your plants and run it.

Every day, add RO water into the res until it comes back to that line. (This is called Topping Off)

Keep track of how much RO water you're adding back and when you've added back 10 gallons, dump the res and mix a new batch.

That's how simple the Lucas formula is.

During Veg you can follow any nute schedule your plants do best with. I use the same that Lucas uses and that's the FloraNova 'Grow' at between 5-7ml/gal.

I've never grown more beautiful plants than with the Nova series. The Lucas formula with the 3-part mix is fantastic but doesn't have the 5% organic content of fulvic/humic acids. The soft lush feel of the plants is really great. :)

Let me know if you're still confused. :)

Merfolk

Cal-mag is not needed with the Lucas formula, ever. No additives and nothing but RO water.
If you have a 'deficiency' then you need to up the pH to around 6.0-6.1 for a week or so (depending on your strain) to allow it more Mag availability. The Lucas formula has plenty of Mag and plenty of Calcium.

Try the new(ish) FloraNova line that Lucas has switched to, you'll really appreciate the ease.

Super simple. 5 to 7 ml of Flora Nova 'Grow' per gallon of RO during Veg.
8ml of Flora Nova 'Bloom' per gallon of RO during bloom.

The super super simple res maintenance method is to do a changout when you reach a 100% add-back.

To explain this we'll take a 10 gallon res as an example.

During Bloom:
First you mix your res.
10 Gallons of RO water.

If you're using General Hydroponics Flora 3-part you will add
80ml of Micro and mix it well.
160ml of Bloom and mix it well.

If you're using General Hydroponics FloraNova 1 part series you will add
80ml of Bloom.

Once you have your res filled, mark the solution level on the side of your tank somehow. Add pH up until you hit about 5.8. Keep track of how much you added.

Put in your plants and run it.

Every day, add RO water into the res until it comes back to that line. (This is called Topping Off)

Keep track of how much RO water you're adding back and when you've added back 10 gallons, dump the res and mix a new batch.

That's how simple the Lucas formula is.

During Veg you can follow any nute schedule your plants do best with. I use the same that Lucas uses and that's the FloraNova 'Grow' at between 5-7ml/gal.

I've never grown more beautiful plants than with the Nova series. The Lucas formula with the 3-part mix is fantastic but doesn't have the 5% organic content of fulvic/humic acids. The soft lush feel of the plants is really great. :)

Let me know if you're still confused. :)

Good post

T

Teeg420

From my understand humics and fulvics act as catalyst for the nutrients, but i have noticed the micro is chelated, thus making trace nutrients available. Would you not need the humics then since it is already chelated?

T

Teeg420

Can you please tell me how they differ please?

I always assumed that they kind of did the same thing or attempted to achieve the same result. As in making the nutrients readily available to the plant. From what i understand that certain nutrients are available to the plant from a certain ph range. thats why we use the 5.5 to 6.5 range because that encompasses all the nutrients in that range. and some elements are only available at lets say the 6.0 to 6.5 hence they are chelated so that it can be absorbed at a 5.8 range. does that sound right?

so would you recommend humics then for lucas 2 part

one more question fulvics are derived from humics right or vice versa so in the end wouldn't you only need one.

Im still new to hydro sorry for the noob questions.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Can you please tell me how they differ please?
No. I can't because I don't know. Sorry.

I DO know that GH Flora 3-part when used according to the Lucas formula grows awesome plants.

FloraNova, with the 5% organic material that adds the fulvic and humic acids(they're completely separate items as well), makes for some really soft, lush plants compared to the 3-part. My plants have always looked awesome with Lucas but not like they do with the FloraNova.

That extra mix of additives they have in it is something else. I love it.

Latest posts

Latest posts