What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bonsai Bagseed!

Started some seeds two months ago from assorted bagseed from some friends favorite smoke. On the smoke; Smoke from my area sucks and is preposterously priced, even though these seeds were from select smoke it still will suck. I digress. 13 seeds were planted in accordance with the lunar calendar in the old farmers almanac (yes, it really does improve vitality amongst other things). Of those 13, 6 were slaughtered simply because I didn't like the way they looked. After weeks of training then careful and mostly not so careful trimming and pruning of the leaves, branches and roots with a couple of transplants we are here... 2 1/2 months into enemy territory...

Right now my cameras only 4 batteries are in the charger so you'll have to wait it out if anyone decides that they'd be interested in following along with me into tomorrow. So, it is my greatest pleasure to introduce to you my cast of ladies... and gentlemen... for now.

Here they are at approx. 2 weeks.

Here they are (now) at a little over a month and after some pruning and before being watered. They were thirsty in this pic.

Until we meet again. Toodles! :joint:

Last edited:

Silas

Veteran
Nice healthy plants:) I'll be shadow U'r topic. I've got microgrow too and I explore science of LST training ;D You'r plants tickle on to me :)
How much Watts U have?
Good Luck!

Silas - Thanks, I'm running approx. 160 watts on 7 plants. I can't afford to run much more power until I start flowering some clones. I'll have updated pictures sometime within the next 12 hours or so. Pull up a chair and enjoy the show

Konbanwa. Here are pictures as promised... :joint:

The old farmers potato's from my garden as a vehicle for civil liberation and annexation of pain... :joint:

Cannabis as art... :joint:

And lastly, my winter bonsai garden as of this day. Beauty. :joint:

Last edited:
Before,...

After,...

There already were two plants which had been topped, the rest were bent over only. Tonight I decided to top the rest seeing as they had plenty of new nodes to fill the canopy. Do you like them?

Dee9

One just has to love these plants. Makes me feel all fuzzy and warm when I see ppl growing the sacred herb.

Nice one Space - good growing!

Dee9 said:
One just has to love these plants. Makes me feel all fuzzy and warm when I see ppl growing the sacred herb.

Nice one Space - good growing!

:D You get that fuzzy feeling too... :D Yes, there is something about this plant. To me it supercedes all others in some way. It has beauty like a flower and is so useful one cannot ignore it...

Yes, well... Thank-you for popping in, I appreciate it.

Now where did I put my pipe? :tongue: ...

T

the_shadow

hiya SG - Sendin you good luck from 6000' up in the rockies. Looking good thus far :)

The one in the front middle doesn't look too hot to me... I'll wait until I know it's sex before I do anything hasty at this point... Don't have a lot of beans left right now... no money either...

2 days ago I went through and cleaned a little bit of house. Some of the ladies (and gentlemen) were looking a little stuffed up near the stalk so in preparation I feed everyone a good full spectrum mix of A.N. Micro, Grow, Bloom @ 6Ml/1Lt. of tap. (The tap water has been measured at roughly 250-300PPM. To counter this occasionally
I use rain/snow/natural spring/creek water periodically to keep any build up to a minimum.)

All but two are looking strong.

(EDIT: It's winter now and I'm using ONLY melted snow water, or rainwater if you will)

Last edited:
Well, it looks like the feeding regime has been counter-productive in a good way. Today I again had to clear leaves from beneath each individuals canopy. I'm almost ready to take the first set of clones and see what sex each is. So, for the last 3 water sessions I have also fed the plants. The leaves were a lime green before I began, now they are a shiny, dark green color. Very vibrant.

Tonight I will prepare each of the selected individuals for a cloning session. I will go through and water each plant thoroughly so 10% of the input is expelled through the holes on the bottoms of my containers. In addition I will then go through and clip the leaves off and/or in half and then in the morning I will take them.

(EDIT: I did not clone any of the plants that I said I might)

Last edited:
Today I found a couple of leaves with some sort of insect damage. I've been awake for the last 24 hours so my memory is a little... surreal at the moment but I believe the damage is from either aphids or some sort of spider mite. Damage appears as little white dots on the surface of the leaves and the creatures stay primarily on the bottom. I went around the house and collected a couple of lady bugs hanging out with me for the winter :rasta: I put the bugs on the infected plant and misted it down. I also placed all of the plants in a cooler area in front of a window to slow the bugs down. Hopefully the 3 lady bugs will clean house for me. Unless I know for sure, the plants will remain in the window except for evenings.

(EDIT: They turned out to be just fine. The bugs did what I wanted them to do. While all the insects are not gone, neither are the lady bugs. They keep each other in check!)

Last edited:
Ok, big update... The plants did recover just fine... and now I'm impatient to see what I have. I've decided to go into flowering tonight. I fed all plants with a mix of Micro and Bloom @ 2ML. per Lt. of melted snow water. I upgraded the lights from just below 200 watts of CFLs to 400 watts of HPS agro power. I'll get around to taking pictures here sometime withing the near future. Everything looks very similar to what it did a week ago. Until next time! :rasta:

Wow, the stretch is on. They grew over an inch in one day!. The light is really nice. I laid down and sun bathed beneath the glow with the plants. We all love our new light.

Pictures as promised...

Nutrients

400W MH/HPS Digital Ballast... This thing runs SOOOOO cool...

Reflective hood by Sun Leaves... with a glass plate

Most everything in the cab. I have "Christmas mylar" lining the walls of the closet. There is a milk crate over a humidifier on which sits the fan. Relative humidity is 35-40% otherwise 20% without treatment.

This exhaust fan was cannibalized from a electric coil heater. It moves quite a lot of air. I have another one which was harvested from a microwave. If you ever want to bear witness to true ultimate power... run a microwave fan in open air... I promise you, you won't be let down... at all.

THE BOOK. This is my true grow log with all of the "ancient Chinese Secrets".

:muahaha:

Nice, thick stems.

This is my future mother/father box. After I see who the top performer is I'll put her/him in here... once I'm finished that is. It's a work in progress.

Now that's what I call music!

If you look really close you may be able to see the hairs :jump:

All of the pictures in this run were from today, second day of flowering. Here we go!!!!

Last edited:
justanotherbozo said:
nice job man! really, for a first grow you're doin' terrific!

it's really refreshing seeing a noob who has done his homework, it really
shows man!

anyway, heres hopin' your bagbeans surprise you with a monstrous
yielder of some killer bud! thar's magik in the bean, man, and with
bagseeds, you just never know.

this is one of my bagbean babes, it turned out way better than i expected!
[Photo omitted]

anyway, once you start growin', it kinda gets in your blood man! lol, it's way
more addictive than smokin' it, lol. and don't worry man, better you should
learn on bagseeds, when the time is right, good genes will just fall into your
lap!

peace man, and stay safe!

Thanks Boz, the +vibes are refreshing as well. I remember I once pursued another hobby and couldn't learn on account of the harsh instruction from some of the people out there. What can be said other than ICMAG is an excellent platform on which to learn. Much can said here about unstructured learning, let alone caring for the Ladies Buddha. I appreciate your sincerity.
:rasta:

CornDog said:
ncie lookin grow, bagseed can be some suprising smoke just make sure you let them go long enough.

Thanks go out to you too, CornDog. You know, when I first began I thought for sure that my lack of... well, EVERYTHING was going to let me down. Now the way things are looking I can assume if anything will go wrong, it won't be the beans. Oh, and I WILL let them go, believe you me. At least until I see the bud sucking the green out of the leaves. I don't have a microscope yet, but I will for my next run.

OH! I should say before I forget... I did kill about 4 plants before I got to this point. It wasn't any true fault of my stewardship. I had taken vacation to Minneapolis/St. Paul a few months ago and had no one to care for them. I set up a CRUDE wick system with damp bricks to keep transpiration down and maintain moist soil. Everything would've been fine had I not left a fan blowing across them! I was away for a week, when I came back everyone was in critical condition. I had to really, REALLY care for them to come back to me. Try as I did, still, I had lost four... :badday:

Thank you everyone. Gaia shall reward you, those who are her patrons. She knows who you are! Now its time to perform my daily rounds :jump: