What's new

Resin Tear Drop from clear to red

jump117

Veteran
Californian Orange Bud x K2 (mom & dad from Growi Seeds,NL )

9743700x525_DSC07861.JPG

9743700x525_DSC07863.JPG

9743700x525_DSC07865.JPG

9743700x525_DSC07866.JPG

9743700x525_DSC08149.JPG

9743700x525_DSC08312.JPG

9743700x525_DSC09107.JPG

9743700x525_DSC09120.JPG

9743700x525_DSC09122.JPG

9743700x525_DSC09255.JPG

9743700x525_DSC09267.JPG

9743700x525_DSC09271.JPG

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
i've had that, and i can tell u it doesn't get u high lol. when i come across it i gently wipe it off my buds

Ryu

honeydew

honeydew

Pretty sure now this stuff is honeydew produced from aphids or similar.
Sap ain't sweet, this is. Smoke it if you thinks its resin, burns nastier than the cheapest of hashes.

Can/ could you see any bugs at all Jump117, same shit here with one NL. Almost like they had their fill, shat this stuff out and moved on.
Really hard to find anything in depth about aphid habits. Nice top pic

jump117

Veteran
2 Ryu
I dont think its honeydew caused by (Aphidae), (Psyllidae) followed with (Claviceps purpurea).
I grow non-organic hydro and I didn ever seen any parasites or its traces in my grow. I use microscope for inspections.
I think the origin is different , not insect poo. Imo it is sap, sweat-of-juice, nectar, absolutely normal thing for a lot of other plants.
It appears due to sugar excess in flower parts of a plant.

Look at the outer info sourse
What is the sticky stuff on my orchid? What is Honeydew?
Sticky stuff (also known as Honeydew) is often found on the spikes of orchids. Generally, it is a sign of a happy plant.
Some people prefer to remove honeydew because they experience some molding if they are kept under very humid conditions,
this is entirely at the discretion of the grower.
In some cases, spider mites and other stresses can cause a plant to exude a sticky subtance from the leaves.
Check thoroughly for spider mites and other critters by tapping the leaves over a piece of white paper,
looking for tiny webs and even tinier bugs.
http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/orchids/2003011954020859.html

2 dale gribble
I dont know was it sweet or not cos I didnt taste it. Ryu did.
Hope you dont forget that bee honey is also a kind of insect poo. And this is not the only sweet thing we know.

Ryu

guttation?

guttation?

Hey Jump117, tree&leaf mention guttation on this thread:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=2034031#post2034031

I really do like this explanation and was the first one I settled on. trouble is all guttation fluid seems to be water or very close to it, this was well sticky and had another makeup.

I do understand that nutrients and other additives to the soil could easily change the colour of this but I very much enough to change it into this relativley thick goo.

It is possible to see from your pics over time that the blob dried up and went darker darker still. Mine never evaporated leaving a white ring (guttation), still sticky residue on the buds.

Is yours still there or has it evaporated totally? I did the same thing as found in this pic:
http://www.thm.btinternet.co.uk/bio/8/8kguttation.html
with a small pepper plant and when I shake it, the guttation fluid easily flies off - barely any tension or sticky stuff holding it together.

I know this aint weed but even though I see no bugs, untill another NL does it for me, I gotta think bugs.

At least it keeps me aware and the place clean :)

jump117

Veteran
Hey Ryu

Maybe it was a kind of guttation but definately the resinable one.

Mine was dried up , became smaller, darker and stoped changing. I kept that bud as good looking one, but my son (29) didnt know that...Now its gone...

Ive read that bugs honeydew is followed with black rot. Ive seen nothing like that. They also said it appears on stems and leaves, not on flowers.

Btw about colour changes, not resin.
9743juice_color.JPG

Last edited: