What's new

The Bread thread

Timj

Just pulled this sourdough from the oven.
20240331_170056.jpg

blondie

Today was a great day to bake some bread. Chilly and rainy outside. I adapted a banana bread recipe and used apples. Turned out great.

Attachments

• 0F109557-89BE-44F3-8EC5-BDF24923FD4A.jpeg
    0F109557-89BE-44F3-8EC5-BDF24923FD4A.jpeg
    637.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 0FFE07CC-DACE-4EB8-B143-D4B73569DF3D.jpeg
    0FFE07CC-DACE-4EB8-B143-D4B73569DF3D.jpeg
    634 KB · Views: 21

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Yummy. I make banana bread and strawberry bread. Why did I never think of apples? Yummy. Definitely next on my bread list.

Thanks

xtsho

Today was a great day to bake some bread. Chilly and rainy outside. I adapted a banana bread recipe and used apples. Turned out great.

Yum yum yum. I was thinking about banana bread earlier this morning while looking at some overripe banana sitting on my dining room table.

Timj

It looks good blondie and I bet it's delicious. Nice idea using apples.

xtsho

That looks like a perfect loaf of bread. I bet it tastes great.

Yes it tastes delicious. And it's so easy to make. I have the recipe memorized. Actually it's just ratios with bread so you don't really need a recipe once you know the ratios of ingredients.

I like fancy breads and taking a day and a half to make a nice loaf of sourdough. But I grew up on plain old white bread and I still enjoy it. It only takes me 15 minutes to mix and knead in the mixer, an hour to rise then shape and put in pan, an hour at most for the second rise and then into the oven for 30-40 minutes.

all it needs some PB&J☝️

Oh man! That sounds good. And I have some homemade jam and peanut butter. Too bad I just finished eating leftovers from last nights dinner and am not hungry. But I may have a PBJ as a mid afternoon snack in a couple hours. My appetite doesn't stay away for long.

Timj

Yes it tastes delicious. And it's so easy to make. I have the recipe memorized. Actually it's just ratios with bread so you don't really need a recipe once you know the ratios of ingredients.

I like fancy breads and taking a day and a half to make a nice loaf of sourdough. But I grew up on plain old white bread and I still enjoy it. It only takes me 15 minutes to mix and knead in the mixer, an hour to rise then shape and put in pan, an hour at most for the second rise and then into the oven for 30-40 minutes.

Oh man! That sounds good. And I have some homemade jam and peanut butter. Too bad I just finished eating leftovers from last nights dinner and am not hungry. But I may have a PBJ as a mid afternoon snack in a couple hours. My appetite doesn't stay away for long.
Same here growing up. White bread for hot-dogs, hamburgers and sandwiches.

jokerman

Premium user

noice!