What's new

Stephanie Nuggz

Shua1991

20230621_033851.jpg

this is a polyhybrid I made in 2022 of (Plushberry x Cuvee F2) x Golden Tiger, it's unstable currently and needs inbreeding to lock down certain chemotypes, as an "f1"(polyhybrid) it has about 8+ phenotypes I've seen in 50 seeds (disparate phenos).

I'm looking to select for enhanced terpene and thiol production as well as predominantly sativa/stimulating effects from the "Golden Tiger" and its Thai/Malawi parentage.

I have a few phenotypes I've kept from the previous run, one in particular is very high thc/thcv chemotype and is a perfect example to compare this new group against.

This pheno hunt is mainly for male selections for F2 seeds, the thai dominant are easy to discern from the start- metallic, bloody, meaty, like a slaughterhouse floor. The malawi tend to either be fruity, like candied Mango or spicy/earthy, like nutmeg/allspice/ginger/galangal. The more fruity smelling varieties have the stimulating effects and seem to correlate with higher THCV(appetite suppression and ocular sensitivity), which is what I want "Stephanie Nuggz" to be, tasty, upbeat, wake and bake medicine.

Shua1991

Holy SMOKES friend, you got your work cut out for you. Seeing those cups bring back a lot of good memories. Thanks for sharing your work I'm going to ride with you for a while. What are you using for your starting potting mix?
Thanks, I'm using Fox Farms "Happy Frog", it is a bit hot for seed starting, next time I will go 50%perlite/FFHF for better initial growth.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Happy frog is really good for seed starting you just can't over water. The water releases nutrients. If you overwater you over-fertilize. Weigh the cups for precise water management. I write the dry and wet weights on top of the cups. If they are all the same you only need to weigh a few cups and all the rest are the same.

Cutting Happy Frog with 50% perlite will hurt the quality and give your shitty results.

Shua1991

Sampling some snug from the first test batch. #1- Cuvee pheno- Tootsie Pop and Whiskey flavor, like you dipped a Tootsie Pop in a shot of scotch, the initial hit is sweet and candylike and the exhale you get the whisky barrel bitters and oak, almost alcoholic, like those whiskey/liquor chocolates they used to make. It takes about 2.5 months for all the competing flavors to settle, I suspect my slow cure might be about as lengthy as the cobbing method, so next batch of this I'll be cobbing these, with 50% thai and african genetics from the Golden tiger I see why it takes a while to cure proper.
20230703_084947.jpg

The Golden Tiger and the Cuvee phenotypes provide really good trichome structure, the Golden tiger phenotypes are the best and most obvious, giant fat headed trichomes and virtually no malformed visible trichs.

This is about a 7/10 on my 1-10 scale of desirability, so its not in contention for f2's, but makes nice headstash, no paranoia and some of the GT's psychedelic vibes, I've not smoked too much of this but people who have enjoyed it. Clones fast and is a mutant, I don't intend to breed the mutants into further generations.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Sampling some snug from the first test batch. #1- Cuvee pheno- Tootsie Pop and Whiskey flavor, like you dipped a Tootsie Pop in a shot of scotch, the initial hit is sweet and candylike and the exhale you get the whisky barrel bitters and oak, almost alcoholic, like those whiskey/liquor chocolates they used to make. It takes about 2.5 months for all the competing flavors to settle, I suspect my slow cure might be about as lengthy as the cobbing method, so next batch of this I'll be cobbing these, with 50% thai and african genetics from the Golden tiger I see why it takes a while to cure proper. View attachment 18861007

The Golden Tiger and the Cuvee phenotypes provide really good trichome structure, the Golden tiger phenotypes are the best and most obvious, giant fat headed trichomes and virtually no malformed visible trichs.

This is about a 7/10 on my 1-10 scale of desirability, so its not in contention for f2's, but makes nice headstash, no paranoia and some of the GT's psychedelic vibes, I've not smoked too much of this but people who have enjoyed it. Clones fast and is a mutant, I don't intend to breed the mutants into further generations.
Thats a killer-looking bud friend. Whatever you do, keep doing it!

Shua1991

20230713_114219.jpg
Another liqueur smelling plant has double branching, if it's a male I might just pollenate the female mutant of the same phenotype.

Shua1991

20230713_163845.jpg

I culled about 10 males for being weak and low odor, a few of the most robust plants I thought were male are presenting female preflowers 😊, if they're not intersex then I hope those really have the hybrid vigor I'm looking for in a mother plant.

Shua1991

20230716_071024.jpg

The possum in my yard had offspring after I got rid of the stray cats in that frequented my yard. Mountain lions shit works well for repelling cats.

Shua1991

20230713_114219.jpg
another double branching mutant, if this is a male, I may just use this on #1 Tootsie Pop pheno. Smells are similar, candy cherry liqueur more than chocolate.

A bunch of chocolate phenotypes are showing their odors now as they're nearing maturity, I'd like to find a "chocolate thai" phenotype but since those traits are tied to Cuvee f2, Idk how the genetic math works out, I assume they're all Cuvee phenotypes too.

From my previous grow I noticed the thai dominant plants smell like fruity black pepper or leather early on, then develop the more metallic and bloody or meaty/leathery rotting thiols as they mature.

One phenotype even smells like beef stew, a mishmash of thiols and terpenes are from the Malawi and the Thai mixing with the dark earthy sweet cuvee terpenes- Malawi smells like carrots/herbs, thai smells like Black pepper and meat, the slightly sweet almost like red wine from the Cuvee/Plushberry makes a convincing "bourguingon" smelling plant, a really rare phenotype i hope to find again, and a few have this scent(carrot, cellery stalk, black pepper, Iron/blood). It might sound strange but I would eat that pheno if they were prepared in a culinary setting. On the other end, the non sweet smelling bloody/iron plants taste like a bloody nose. You could see why the thai dominant varieties are a mixed bag of weird.

The plushberry(Black Cherry Soda x Space Queen) dominant plants all smell like Turkish Delight rosewater candy, none are really that potent, but smell amazing and cure really quickly as opposed to the more sativa leaning plants.

20230716_172939.jpg

Last edited:

Shua1991

20230720_125535.jpg
just watered this room, 80% are preflowering female in this room, I will be transferring them to 1 gallon pots for a week then into 2 gallon pots for flower around August 5th.

20230720_125436.jpg

Male room, about to begin culling the non desirable males, low odor and week flimsy stems are the main traits I am selecting against pre-flowering stage.

Shua1991

20230729_104418.jpg

Monday I will be transferring around 90 of these to 1.5 gallon pots and beginning flowering. The smallest 20 or so won't be flowering with the rest of these.

New phenos I've found so far based on odor/stem rub -

Peach Schnapps: fruity sweet peach and alcoholic/whiskey barrel smells.

Toffee Apple: if I added green apple candy smell 🍏 to the caramel/toffee phenotype I found last run.

Rotten Cherries: a few have a rotting funky cherry scent I never encountered before, about 3-4 in over 200, I have a male of similar odor and structure too. Likely candidate for f2's.

Shua1991

I ran out of room in the flowering room, the 3 smallest plants didn't get transferred yet but the very moment 3 intersex plants expose themselves I will have room for them.