What's new

HP#13

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
HP13
picture.php

Heusinomics

This is a very closely held cut. But it is floating around Denver. I was lucky enough to find a cut in 2014 n went till last week b4 I saw anyone repping it at a shop. N not cuts jst wax. Oc I bought some to compare n it was clearly id'ed as legit by smell alone and conferred by dabs. So someone else in dtwn has the cut.im still waitin to hear back from my boy to see if his crew turned in trim for processing. Ha coulda come fr the fam after all. Ha

Shit is so clearly and identifiable and rediculisly badass!

Some of my brows think it tastes awful n most think it's outa this world awesome.
A flav so Unlike most. I luv it.

Last edited:

Kush_Kloud

@Hrpuffnkush do you have any cured bud pictures of this strain? Also how does it compare to Chemdog (4,D,and91)? Also any similarities? Thanks

Kush Kloud

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Happy holidays all!

Thanx for the response stony, n the rest.
I'm still trying to compare my cut to others as this was my first test run of this cut. So I stress I cannot b sure I hav the true p/hp13 cut or not. So there will b pix to follow. But I can say for sure that in 15 yrs of growing iv NEVER come across theese smells, in living plants, dried flowers, or extracts ever. So whatever it is , ill b keeping it!
I agree abt the garbage truck description. As there is a distinctly offensive note to it,(garlic/onion)?, with sweetnes coming in around the last few weeks. I wouldn't call it floral or flowery tho personally. But it was said by a visiter to the gro. There is something "strange" abt it that I'm still hoping to better describe as it dries & cures.
Could the sweetness be described as vanilla?
I found something very similar bud from bags seeds.
Never smelled anything like this before and it has risen to the top 3 in the stable.

KiefSweat

Veteran
there's a few different hp cuts that are around denver, the local hp13 is more of a lemon/orange flavor then raunchy affy hash smell.

Heusinomics

there's a few different hp cuts that are around denver, the local hp13 is more of a lemon/orange flavor then raunchy affy hash smell.

It's interesting u should say that kief. That has been a concern of mine since I picked up this cut. As Iv always thought the name Hash Plant was a "generic term" from the early days for anything frosty and there are many dif versions from dif breeders. But we're not talking about hp, we want that special P#13..
Wich I'm sure is what u mean. Several dif plants floating around w that same tag...
I hav def been des appointed by many shops misrepresting bs cuts!!!
But results are always much better when passing things among friends.
There are serious cuts to b found in the mile high!

I hav been trying to verify my sample for over 2yrs. But hav not found many/anyone outside of my crew that "knows the strain"..
Wich surprises me considering the write up in the cannabible.

Two people I know of in town that SHOULD know the cut well are Adam Dunn from thseeds and Scot Reach of rare dankness. As they both have used it in successfull public offerings.
Alas every time I bump into ether Iv them I'm without a sample or blatantly forget.. Lame.

The smell of the cut Iv got was profoundly diff than anything else I've run in 15yrs of growing and/or smoking. Verry complex and layered wich makes the description default. And regardless of its proper name it's been my absolute fave smoke since the berry first puff. But I still want to verify it's tag!!!
As this is known to b a Maui/NYC cut we can bet Greyskill knows what he is talking about as well. I will refine my description and post up n hopefully we can compare our thoughts again.

-keif, can you expand anymore on your exp w the "hp's uv seen?
Thanx

Bug ups respect and happy growing.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
It's interesting u should say that kief. That has been a concern of mine since I picked up this cut. As Iv always thought the name Hash Plant was a "generic term" from the early days for anything frosty and there are many dif versions from dif breeders. But we're not talking about hp, we want that special P#13..
Wich I'm sure is what u mean. Several dif plants floating around w that same tag...
I hav def been des appointed by many shops misrepresting bs cuts!!!
But results are always much better when passing things among friends.
There are serious cuts to b found in the mile high!

I hav been trying to verify my sample for over 2yrs. But hav not found many/anyone outside of my crew that "knows the strain"..
Wich surprises me considering the write up in the cannabible.

Two people I know of in town that SHOULD know the cut well are Adam Dunn from thseeds and Scot Reach of rare dankness. As they both have used it in successfull public offerings.
Alas every time I bump into ether Iv them I'm without a sample or blatantly forget.. Lame.

The smell of the cut Iv got was profoundly diff than anything else I've run in 15yrs of growing and/or smoking. Verry complex and layered wich makes the description default. And regardless of its proper name it's been my absolute fave smoke since the berry first puff. But I still want to verify it's tag!!!
As this is known to b a Maui/NYC cut we can bet Greyskill knows what he is talking about as well. I will refine my description and post up n hopefully we can compare our thoughts again.

-keif, can you expand anymore on your exp w the "hp's uv seen?
Thanx

Bug ups respect and happy growing.

The smell of the cut Iv got was profoundly diff than anything else I've run in 15yrs of growing and/or smoking. Verry complex and layered wich makes the description default

That part of your post says it all.... without smokin or growin the shit from ur hands u decribe it as good as anyone with it could. .... id say very well u have the legit cut..... there really aint a real word to describe that funk... nuthin fruity or pleasant bout her...i miss smokin her a lot but boy i dont miss her in my room......

Heusinomics

I agree abt the garbage truck description. As there is a distinctly offensive note to it,(garlic/onion)?, with sweetnes coming in around the last few weeks. I wouldn't call it floral or flowery tho personally. But it was said by a visiter to the gro. There is something "strange" abt it that I'm still hoping to better describe as it dries & cures.

The first thing I notice is a sharpness or very loud sort of "B-O" like funk and/or what I call bathroom odors. Meaning that kinda sour pissy wet basement offensiveness. Mixed with sexy lady bits...after a hike..ha Wich develops into that garbage like green onion thing. It could def b said its like "old chicken soup" as reported by my friend I shared the cut with. When he said that I literally laughed out loud bc I had been saying to other people it reminded me of bouillon cubes!
It also has a strong pine/hops note that pares fantastically with a rich IPA!

Could the sweetness be described as vanilla?
I found something very similar bud from bags seeds.
Never smelled anything like this before and it has risen to the top 3 in the stable.

Nope.. Not my cut at least.

This is the part that worries me. As I said above, this Denver hp13 is damn raunchy ! But it's late flower sweetness is sorta orange ish. Not really lemony to me at all. N not the same as my KosherTangie

I'll dig up afew more pix to post up too.

Thanx for reading this over. Let me know what you guys think.

Ps: I will say that once you get this cut dialed in it will throw some stupid size baseball bat colas.
It's won me the BIGGEST BUD trophy at bongathon 2yrs running;D

Aloha, and oc
Big ups respect and happy growing.

Last edited:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Thanks, I had to ask because you mentioned garlic, onion, soup and a unknown sweetness. It sounded eerily similar to the description in my thread.

" The smell is garlic and onion with a hint of beefiness. Actually a little more earthy and gamy than beef, more like deer meat in onions and garlic with a touch of anise seeds.

Imagine "french onion soup" weed, with the cheese on top and all."

No lemon, no orange, no citrus at all. I thought that oniony/garlicy/saltiness/meatiness was most commonly found in the chem line.

Is that onion soupy smell common in the hps?

KiefSweat

Veteran
i liken the hp to the lemonG but the lemonG has all the funk in it and the hp doesn't. But to me its the same citrus flavor in the two of them.

i should say i know of two other hp cuts around, one is the skelly cut the other came from the east coast.

Heusinomics

No lemon, no orange, no citrus at all. I thought that oniony/garlicy/saltiness/meatiness was most commonly found in the chem line.

I think that is true.
I picked up a çlone of "TresStarDawg" i will b posting a grow log of soon. It's def more beefy w roasted coffee earth& soil thing. Along with that guava chem puff! Steller purple trim at finish too!
I had read others say there are beefy phenos but I didn't know what that really ment till I found one..ha
Jj out did himself on that project!!

Is that onion soupy smell common in the hps?

It was not in my sample of Sensi's aka the#14 from circa 2000-03..
I found those to b a very bland sort if sweet affy/indi. Even grown in organig soil. It was not kept long.

i liken the hp to the lemonG but the lemonG has all the funk in it and the hp doesn't. But to me its the same citrus flavor in the two of them.

i should say i know of two other hp cuts around, one is the skelly cut the other came from the east coast.

Dope. Thanx keif!
Like I said so far no lemons...
Can you remember any info about those other Two cuts?
I would love to hear more about your exp with the HP's
That are around.

Big ups respect and happy growing!

KiefSweat

Veteran
the citrus hp i think is the local cut. It was really tightly held for a number of years but past 2 or 3 years its been slowly getting around. Plants got some decent vigor and can put out some large colas. I think the 13 part came from it being the 13th selection from the seeds grown out.

The skelly hp is an 80s cut pretty short and squat and skunky. I think the other hp is a line worked from the skelly cut.

Also should not there is an old g13/hp that sometimes gets mislabeled as well but thats old school ogish funk in it.

Last edited: