33 days - a few more detailed shots.
mkss_f33.jpeg

The rootstock:
mkss_f33_1a.jpeg

and 3 different scions:
mkss_f33_2.jpeg
mkss_f33_3.jpeg
mkss_f33_4.jpeg

I noticed a bit of mustard smell lingering around the plants. Hot mustard. I wonder if these will get an eye-watering, almost palpable terpene 'aura' like the High Test x Sweet Skunk did.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Mustard eh? Yesterday mine was exuding a sweet apple with a bit of spice. Hopefully she isn't too desirable, as I already disposed of the cutting I had of her because of her uber long legs. She's just too raucous for my tiny tent.

Totally jealous of your tight nodes :sneaky:

zif

I'm enjoying the structural variation between the scions.

39 days
mkss_f39t.jpeg

She has a very rigid frame.
mkss_f39f.jpeg

Rootstock buds are starting to stand out as the chunkiest.
mkss_f39_1.jpeg

Two scions look very similar to one another, like this.
mkss f39 2 | 3.jpeg

The last has a more tropical structure, but with gnarly resinated fans.
mkss_f39_4.jpeg

mkss_f39_4b.jpeg

I think/hope the stretch is more or less history. Hoping the same for your girl, @Kalbhairav !

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Yours look a picture of health and good behaviour. My single plant is kicking my ass. I’ve had to raise the fan just to get an extra 15cm so the tips wouldn’t grow into the filter. She’s a beast!

I’ve estimated I’ve experienced 6-7x in stretch from flower. She’s thankfully calming down and not gaining any more..

I’ve also got a little bug infestation that isn’t too bad but shows that my girl isn’t at all happy. Along with the soil getting too dry at one point, she’s also not liking my feeding regime. We’ll see how it goes but feel as if I might be battling later on..

5E63CFF2-29A7-4BCD-B13E-17CEF7A70857.jpeg

9775FD72-5229-495F-8112-2B9F3EEC31DA.jpeg

C5272B83-89A8-4BE5-A4D9-948D328389B9.jpeg

Smells have sweetened considerably to lemon drop candy..

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
For some context, here’s how the plant looked one day after I flipped to flower.

629B80B1-D626-41A8-8689-3DE6F0006B9C.jpeg

This ^ was before I snapped the main stem. I can’t imagine what she would of been like if that happy accident hadn’t happened.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
still got a ph problem but it hasn’t got any worse. Tops are too close to the light and I have pulled the gangly arms away from the cobs. As a result, I can’t get all of the plant in the picture.

2B33A5D0-6F29-4BEC-9C25-BB4EC19FC8E8.jpeg

You can see the tops are a little elongated and stretching being too close.
AA027247-FD17-4B89-85BF-934ACD153ED9.jpeg

B924E3E2-1C2E-4B9C-B638-CF18E5ED1FE4.jpeg

window

Hey Kal😃 That thing is a beast!!! She is gonna yield.
Are you attempting anything to try to rectify the ph? Or you just gonna ride it out? What bugs you got? Sciarid fly??

Hey Zif😀 Looks like you got more of the MasterKush expression, more indoor friendly, they both look great though.

Great job with the dual grow dudes, looking forward to more😁

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Hello @window mate :)
I haven’t decided yet whether to go all out and buy a pen and some organic ph up & down. I think I’ll try some pure water with Mg first. Last time I did that though I got heavy yellowing all over.. we’ll see..

Reactions: zif

zif

48 days into 11/13
mkss f48a.jpeg

She's getting some rounder notes to balance out the cutting citrus. There's a not-quite-pine that lots of the NL2 x Chem D bx (and other Chem D hybrids) have, but not as dominant. Also reminds me of shaving cream.
mkss f48b.jpeg

A reasonable amount of resin on all of the different branches. The rootstock:
mkss f48_1a.jpeg
mkss f48_1c.jpeg

mkss f48_2a.jpeg

mkss f48_3a.jpeg

and #4, the structural oddball:
mkss f48_4a.jpeg
mkss f48_4b.jpeg

zif

Hey Kal😃 That thing is a beast!!! She is gonna yield.
Are you attempting anything to try to rectify the ph? Or you just gonna ride it out? What bugs you got? Sciarid fly??

Hey Zif😀 Looks like you got more of the MasterKush expression, more indoor friendly, they both look great though.

Great job with the dual grow dudes, looking forward to more😁

The range of structures seems a bit wider on this cross than on many of the others with the SS 'pop'.

Kal's girl sure would soak up the sun outside - what a monster she'd be, too!

Mine didn't stretch as much, but the Sweet Skunk has been very present in the (very nice) terps. :)

zif

still got a ph problem but it hasn’t got any worse. Tops are too close to the light and I have pulled the gangly arms away from the cobs. As a result, I can’t get all of the plant in the picture.

View attachment 18129400

You can see the tops are a little elongated and stretching being too close.
View attachment 18129401
View attachment 18129402

I keep thinking she really wants to be rooted in volcanic soil, just a stone's throw from the beach, at some tropical island paradise. 🌴🏄‍♀️

zif

Eight weeks in, and a couple of them are (almost?) done. An unexpected surprise given the pollen donor!

Maybe partly due to the extreme stress I've been throwing her way while trying to automate watering. She had a *very* wet week, after a wet week with too little runoff. I'm happy now, but 2/4 of the seedlings represented are very close.

Nice vigor on these, overall. The plant has really filled in (still tweaking lighting/settings for photos - doh!):
mkss_f56.jpeg

The most NLD vegetative form took the stress the least well, and is the fastest. She has a really nice aroma, too.
mkss_f56_4a.jpeg

A couple of late, isolated bananas, surely a response to the stress.
mkss_f56_4b.jpeg

Made for hash, this one is, I think.

The other scions are on the later side, and taking the stress more in stride.
mkss_f56_2.jpeg
mkss_f56_3.jpeg

Finally, the rootstock is also very close. She has not shown much obvious reaction to the stress.
mkss_f56_1a.jpeg
mkss_f56_1b.jpeg

Home stretch!

Attachments

• mkss_f56_1c.jpeg
    mkss_f56_1c.jpeg
    686.5 KB · Views: 6

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Nice!
Sorry to hear about the watering woes, I’m sure you’ll have that fixed in a jiffy. The late nanners are for sure stress related.

How’s the smell on yours?
Mine has started to really ramp up the stench. You open the tent and it’s not that bad; then you realise the whole house is permeated with a thick old skool funk. Not tangy like the resin smells but dank weed funk.

Mine looks to be about 2 ta 3 weeks away :D
I’m joking, but kinda not. Will update with pictures soon.

zif

That creeping dank funk has been with mine for quite a while. The resin has rounded out from the very zesty early profile, but still lots of nice citrus notes combined with a seriously kushy base.

Jahaze

Wow Kalbhairav she reallly stretched and spread. Looking at her she gives a SS vibe but seems like those flowers may get moderately dense. Zifs plant resembled one i grew a while back with a nice fuel kush taste. You and zif always knock it out the park, cant wait to them finish.

Ps...what are you guys growing next? I have a fair amount of chimera gear that needs running maybe i can join along and run the same line.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Hey @Jahaze :)
Certainly you should join us for the next one!!
Maybe we’ll put out a notice when we’ve decided and anyone who wants to join is welcome.

Personally I’d like to try the Mental Floss x SS, only because Zif has been telling me it was the shortest / stoutest of the SS hybrids he’s personally grown. Maybe you’ve got some input for a SS hybrid that won’t take over my tiny tent? I’d also love to give the GF x SS a try since all the results I see of that one look pretty good.

What about you? Which hybrids are calling to you?

Reactions: zif

Latest posts