What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zerotol anti pathogen

Morgan Seedman

Zerotol or (Hydrogen Peroxide X Peroxyacetic Acid) and Oxyphos (Hydrogen Perpxide X Phosphoric Acid) are relatively new products but I’ve had great success with them in soilless systems.

In an era where most growers share clones with each other pests and pathogens are abundant. Root aphids can vector bacterial and fungal root pathogens into the root zones of numerous plants before detected. In a garden where root aphids are present it’s almost certain that systemic disease is also present.

Getting rid of the pests is the first step to a clean garden. Pyrithrin and azadactrin are probably your best bet for that. But in a clone only environment one might ask ‘how do you get rid of systemic pathogens passed down through the cloning process?’

The answer is hydrogen peroxide, but not your typical 3% brown bottle intended for topical application.

Hydrogen peroxide seems to be much more effective and bio available when in the presence of an acid.

Use 7 mL per Gal of Zerotol in your usual feed once per week instead of using pH down. This landed my pH at 5.7 and kept the pathogens away as long as I continued the regime. Before Zerotol, some coco samples came back positive for as many as 7 different pathogens including pithium and fusarium. After Zerotol treatments only minor presence was detected in certain samples but most were clean.

Oxyphos is intended to be sprayed on the leaves as a foliar. The phosphorous is taken up through the leaves sterilizing deeper into the leaf tissue than normal Hydrogen Peroxide. Great for treating powdery mildew.

These two products can save a grow. I’ve seen it happen. Best of luck growing I hope this helps someone.

Questions comments concerns?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Just another cash product that's an antifungal product that doesn't work. You need to show on your post it's just another fungicide. There's plenty of fungicides that claim the same thing. There's no fix for fusarium wilt and if there were it would save the banana and basil infestations. Snake oil for sale. 😎

Is there a cure for fusarium wilt?
Unfortunately, there is no cure for fusarium wilt. The only option is to prevent fusarium in your plants. Once your plants are infected, they must be removed and destroyed. Google

Can you save a plant with Fusarium wilt?

No. If the plant is infected (the fungi invaded the stem/trunk and roots) by a fungal organism such as Fusarium wilt; it cannot be saved. In fact, once it's discovered the affected plant and its soil should be immediately removed and destroyed. Apr 30, 2018 Google

Where did fusarium wilt come from?

Originating in Taiwan, it soon reached other South East Asian countries such as China, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines – and even northern Australia. Thousands of hectares of Cavendish have already been destroyed and many will follow if we are unable to stop Fusarium Wilt.

If there were a cure for fusarium wilt or a guaranteed treatment we would be able to save the bananas and other major plant diebacks.

Sorry, Friend I'm not buying it. 😎

Morgan Seedman

I do not work for this company, I have nothing to gain from anyone using their products. Don’t care if you buy it or not. Make it yourself and sell it to their customers if you feel so inclined.

Samples of rooting medium (coco) were sent into a pathogen lab to test pathogen presence (in coco) treated with H2O2, Zerotol, Hypochlorous acid, Citric acid, or plain water. After dozens of side by side tests I have concluded that H2O2 mixed with an acid works better than other bactericides and fungicides including H2O2 alone. So if you’re already using H2O2 in an attempt to sterilize your rooting medium (coco specifically) then give it a try. Make it yourself if you don’t want to spend money.

Obviously if you’re struggling with pests and pathogens, destroy any plant that is past the point of no return.

If you’re struggling with fusarium specifically and you kill all the infected plants and pests spreading disease, it could still be present in your garden in the form of spores and mycelium. Sterilization of medium, air, root zone surface and leaf surface will help to negate the issue.

If you’re struggling with powdery mildew specifically; Oxyphos is the truth because it will penetrate into the localized leaf tissue and prevent the fungus from returning.

If you’re struggling with bacterial root rot specifically; Zerotol is the truth. Works better than H2O2 which is arguably the best treatment for bacterial root rot other than Zerotol.

It won’t save the rainforest. It will decrease pathogen presence. If you have a better product please let me know.

Morgan Seedman

Obviously the best cure is preventative.

Best cure for powdery mildew:
Proper temperature (>75) Proper humidity (<60)

Best cure for root rot:
Proper dry backs (<40% moisture at watering)

If you bought Cyco brand coco and see botrytis on the top of your pots, watering isn’t gonna cut it.

If you got cuts from someone struggling with powdery mildew, environment isn’t gonna cut it.