What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zap PM with light?

I Care

It’s exactly what the title suggests.

I’m considering zapping the powdery mildew with lighting, it’s a sad 4 weeks into flower and there multiple variables this last week that probably multiplied into an already anticipated issue or powdery mildew (fusarium?) I haven’t had a chance to take pics, lights on I was working until I had to leave and I have been working after coming home until lights off to clear any contaminated plant material including leaves and buds that had PM on sugar leaves.

Considering going to as much as 48 hours of constant light this weekend to try to zap the issue. Fucked up enough that it might work or just fucked up? I can say fucked?

I Care

Oh yea, no more powdery mildew.
No more leaves either :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• IMG_0887.jpeg
    IMG_0887.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
  • Sad
Reactions: Boo

I Care

It did kinda work! Like it works but it’s not at all the way to do it.

So what I did was 48hours+ at 1000w and the temp was 105-120 degrees. VPD was between 4.00 and 7.8 the entire time. It killed the buds and burned/bleached everything. Dried the heck out of it, but I was able to almost entirely eliminate existence of PM.

There were a small amount of buds, in the middle of the box after layering for dry and cure between paper towels, they got mold but I saved 99% of my work.

Prevention is the right way. Not 48 hours and over 100 degree temps.

This might work for someone who noticed PM the week of planned chop and wanted to prevent spread during the drying process. Made for a really easy trim. It all just flaked off during chop. Haha :smoky:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I have heard, but not tried, that uvc can be effective. Someone may chime in saying yay or nay. Or you could look it up.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Prevention is the only way.

Sulfur is good at the veg stage but the humidity has to be checked or it doesn't matter what else you do if PM is endemic to your locale.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I treat with hydrogen peroxide or a potassium bicarbonate wash...

Latest posts

Latest posts