What's new

Zamal A x Zamaldelica

SolarLogos

I searched and couldn't find a thread for the Zamal A x Zamaldelica so I hope I'm posting this in the proper place. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this @dubi but I believe this is a Zamal pheno of Zamaldelica that you backcrossed back into the Zamal A mother.

I've had these seeds for just over 2 years in the fridge. I thought I'd lost the seeds you sent me Dubi, but I found them this year vacuum sealed behind another package of seeds. I soaked 3 seeds on 4/20, put them in soil in solo cups and all 3 came up right away. They were transplanted in the ground a few weeks ago.

All 3 plants have 11 fingered leaves and are healthy, strong, albeit, a little slower growing vertically, so not as tall as the Thaidelica. I have a feeling tho, they will take off during preflower stretch.

I'll try to pin down the terpene profile once they mature a little more.

11 fingers
6-16 11finger.jpg

Top view
6-16.jpg
6-16a.jpg
6-16c.jpg

I'll get some picture of the sides on my next post. I just sprayed some insecticidal soap as the white flies are starting to move in. White flies are always a problem outdoors here in N. California.

Plants are enjoying the soil so I haven't been feeding any of my plants yet. I have been, however, foliar spraying with epsom salt once a week, starting last week.

I want to thank you again Dubi for sending me these seeds. After enjoying both your Golden Tiger and Zamaldelica, which are some of the trippiest hybrids I've had, I'm very excited to be growing these. I only planted the 3 seeds because I plan to use the remaining seeds to bulk up on seeds for many future grows.

Thanks for stopping in.
Peace
SL

Attachments

• 6-16b.jpg
    6-16b.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 43

SolarLogos

Thanks for posting friend and sharing your work. Love how you are mulching your plants.
Thank you Brother. Our local water source here is river water and from underground wells. We were getting all of our water from the river during winter, which has a pH around 6.5, but the well water during the summer can get to a pH of 9 or above.

I had a secondary reason for mulching so I wouldn't have to water so often with the high pH water during the summer.

I checked on our Municipal water website and this year they are blending the river water with well water during the entire year, rather than switching back and forth. For the most part, they will only be mixing well water at a rate of about 10% and 90% river water each month, so much better than it has been.

Thank you for your kind words and stopping in. Hope you'll enjoy the show.
Peace
SL

SolarLogos

Great looking plants S.L. looking forward to the show.
Thanks blondie, good to see you again!
Thats got to be a recipe for chaos ha ha.
The highs should be something special, Ace never stops coming up with amazing crosses.
Greetings Brother Tang, great to see you. I'm hoping that between the Thaidelica and the Zamal A x Zamaldelica, my mind will never be the same:ROFLMAO:

You know, if Dubi doesn't take the Thaidelica and the Zamal A x Zamaldelica to F3 or about and then cross the two for F1, then I'll do it for him (y) Super Zamaldelica! It's better off I not do it because I'm liable to haze it afterward;) You've known me long enough to understand my extremes:ROFLMAO:

I've been taking a tolerance break from weed and it's the 4th day, but I keep eyeing that Solar Gold:thinking: I'll wait till tomorrow, it'll make Father's Day that much more special.

Thanks for stopping in. Have a Happy Father's day!

Peace
SL

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for making a thread for this one @SolarLogos. Yes, it is pure crossed with Zamaldelica F2 males from last Zamaldelica regular repro. I have the feeling these genetics are going to enjoy a lot the heat and even dry condions of N California summers :) They look as healthy and dark green as possible, well done friend. Excited to see them planted in soil!

SolarLogos

I always enjoy seeing what you have going on brother.
Peace farmerlion
Thanks for making a thread for this one @SolarLogos. Yes, it is pure crossed with Zamaldelica F2 males from last Zamaldelica regular repro. I have the feeling these genetics are going to enjoy a lot the heat and even dry condions of N California summers :) They look as healthy and dark green as possible, well done friend. Excited to see them planted in soil!

Thank you all for your comments. The plants are healthy and happy in the ground and they are a little shorter on height than most of the plants out there. They are however, starting to put on more growth and I have a feeling they will catch up nicely. They have a nice structure and all 3 plants have 11 fingered leaves. I assume that comes from the Zamal side or can it be environmental? I seem to have an unusually high number of 11 finger Sativa in my garden this year.

On Wednesday, I filled my two 40 gallon drums with water to de-chlorinate. Yesterday, I added seaweed, humic acid, aged chicken manure, aged compost, molasses, oatmeal flower, and EWC.

I start with de-chlorinated water, add about 1/4th cup molasses to feed the bacteria, 1/2 cup oatmeal powder for the fungi, then add the other stuff. It doesn't take very much compost, ewc, and manure. I buy seaweed from the asian market cheap and run it through my paper shredder.

I run an air pump to aerate it 24-36 hours. I then filter it and mix it 1 part tea to 4 parts de-chlorinated water. I gave them a soil drench today and foliar spray this evening. The foliar spray gets diluted again by half.

I only used 2/3rds of the compost tea and I'll continue to aerate it and tomorrow give them another drench and foliar feed. They will get this treatment every weekend and during the week will get only de-chlorinated water.
IMG_1865.jpeg
IMG_1866.jpeg
IMG_1867.jpeg
IMG_1864.jpeg
IMG_1863.jpeg
IMG_1868.jpeg

I take the sludge from the bottom and top dress the plants to add to the living soil. Interestingly, the worms that are living in the chicken manure and compost survive the 2-3 days underwater; I guess the oxygen levels are that high?

SolarLogos

Time for an update. Plants are cruising along great and quite happy. The tallest is 48 inches/122cm and the other two are just an inch or two shorter. All have 13 finger fan leaves. They started out growing a little slower compared to the other plants but are now hitting their stride nicely. I'm sure they will get taller than I want come August stretch. I don't recall stem smells right now as I have 20 cultivars I'm growing in my garden this year. I do recall the stem rubs were very pronounced and stronger than most. I'll get more information on terpenes later this week.

I have 2 girls and 1 boy
7-9.jpg
7-9a.jpg
7-9b.jpg
7-9c.jpg

Thanks for stopping in. I will be out of town this weekend, so I'll get another update, along with the other Ace gear I'm running before then.
Peace
SL

SolarLogos

I should mention, I make a batch of compost/ewc tea once a week, dilute it to 500ppm/1ec for soil drench and foliar spraying the tea diluted to 250ppm/0.5ec pH 5.8. The weather got up to 105F/41c for 5 days. I had a shade cloth up and kept the mulch wet and everything did just fine. The cloth is going back up as we will get a little bit higher temps this weekend for 5 days.
Peace

SolarLogos

We were gone for a week and the plants were on a drip irrigation system while we were gone. The plants did great while I was gone and I came back to a jungle. The Zamal A x Zamaldelica are at 71-73" (180-185cm) tall. It's hard getting pictures as the plants are in rows this year, all Sativa about 2-2.5' (61-76cm) apart and twice that distance between rows. I top-dressed with an organic 6-8-4 granule fertilizer called Recipe 420 before going on vacation.
7-21.jpg
7-21a.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looks indeed like a jungle :D hehehehe great vigor and strong bushy structures on your healthy outdoor Zamaldelica A plants @SolarLogos guess you are having serious fun when working in the garden ;)

SolarLogos

Looks indeed like a jungle :D hehehehe great vigor and strong bushy structures on your healthy outdoor Zamaldelica A plants @SolarLogos guess you are having serious fun when working in the garden ;)
Yes, it is indeed a jungle! Unfortunately, it does make it hard to take pictures with the plants so close together in rows. There is still plenty of sunlight getting in and I've trimmed the lower, non-productive branches off of the bottoms of most of the plants. That also allows a lot of airflow through the rows of plants.

All of the Zamal x Zamaldelica are over 9 foot/2.75 meters. I've bent the tops over on most of the plants. I have two females and one male. I took the top off of the male before any sacs opened and will collect pollen from the cutting. I removed the male at the base in order to free up space around the other plants.

Here is the cutting
85male.jpg
8-5 male1.jpg

Some outdoor shots
8-5b.jpg

11 fingers
8-5a.jpg

8-5.jpg

I'll keep it updated as they start to go into flower
Peace

SolarLogos

The plants are just starting to set up little flower sites, so things are going to get fun and exciting :good: I love watching my plants as they transition into flowering. Noticeable changes from morning and night times.

It's hard getting good shots as these are all bent over and in rows. Here is looking up; They are monsters, all pushing 10 feet in height.
8-21.jpg
8-21a.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Despite genetics are mostly African, that branching style and overall look reminds me of Norther Thais-Laos sativa landraces. 2 girls and 1 male from 3 seeds gives you more bud and still the chance to have a male for pollen :yes: