What's new

Your stoner inventions

SetHeh

We stoners are a creative & inventive bunch. It is well-known that we can transform into an engineer in a blink of an eye. So I'd like to see some of your stoner inventions.

This one is mine. I call it Bung vaporizer (bulb + bong = "bung"). Since I've bought Arizer EQ, I don't use it anymore.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

This 2'X2' cabinet has my mini-blind light lifter in place.

27323HPIM2718.JPG

27323HPIM2717.JPG

4 important points to make here.

1) buy a metal chassis mini-blind, not plastic; they're constructed w/steel pins & sure hold brass rollers, the extra $3.00 will be well spent.
2) replace the cheap cord w/a heavy nylon garden twine.
3) always tie it off w/a rope cleat (shown).
4) I later added a safety chain (right in the middle) in case one side or the other slipped, we've all seen blinds like this:

blinds.jpg

that could be tragic if not properly guarded against, the safety chain can be lightweight as long as it's secure, also it doesn't need to be adjusted if you're just moving the lights up/down for watering, pruning etc. It only needs to be adjusted enough to assure the light can't fall onto the canopy as the height of your plants change.

Safety is no accident.

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
K+ You should share some more stoner ingenuity. I'm gonna have to bite that one for my cab.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I didn't understand the blinds thing. I guess I'm a terminal dumbass and classic, square old-fart.

T

toughmudderdave

I wouldn't necessarily call it an "invention", but one night in High School, my best friend and I were flying high on some great acid and we figured out how the Universe was created...seriously. Then we came down and forgot it all...Damn...We could've been more famous that Stephen Hawking if only we had written it all down, ya know?

Average Joe

One of my better MacGyver moments. :biggrin:

Scale_002.jpg

Hang the hanger
Scale_007.jpg

Hang bag of whatever on one end of hanger. Hang empty bag on the other.
Scale_011.jpg

Start adding coins to the empty bag until you achieve a level hanger
Scale_012.jpg

Adjust coins to get as close as possible to level

penny = 2.50 grams
nickel = 5.00 grams
dime = 2.27 grams
quarter = 5.67 grams
half dollar = 11.34 grams

Remove and count. In this case I had 4 nickels @ 20 grams + 3 penny's @ 7.5 grams = 27.5 grams, just under an ounce.

I tried different combinations of coins, and even coins against coins, and it seems to be accurate within a gram or two.

Average Joe

Here's some more of my homemade shit.

This is my veg cabinet cfl light fixture I made several years ago.

6-11_021.jpg

6-11_022.jpg

This was the exhaust hood above my stove I replaced with a microwave. Initially it was too wide to fit in my cabinet, so the first thing I had to do was remove one of the ends (right side in pic) by breaking the spot welds that holds the end on, then I trimmed a couple inches off the width of the hood, then reattached the end piece with pop rivets. Perfect fit

Then I added 8 bulb receptacles around the inside and rewired the switches so the exhaust fan and 4 of the bulbs run on one switch, and the other 4 bulbs are on the other switch. If I could redo it I would have hung the bulbs vertical from the top instead of horizontal around the edge.

The whole inside was covered with reflective metal tape and an exhaust duct was connected to the fan. Voila!!

The exhaust fan for two years straight before needing to be replaced.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
not grow related, but still a useful stoner invention:

WOK-FI (wifi booster)

dddaver

Veteran
Mine's not nearly as technical, and more a lazy-ass stoner thing I made 30 years ago. Attach an electrical alligator clip to an extendable pointer, or busted off car antennae. You can use pliers to attach it.

Walla, a lazy ass stoner roach clip. You can just extend the pointer/antennae to pass the roach and not even have to bend forward. Ultimate laziness. Good for when REALLY blasted though. Who the fuck needs to exercise anyway?

I've made a couple of these.

BudToaster

Veteran
Great, people! Keep them coming...

@BudToaster, wow, that's cool. Can you control the temperature?

yes. two button input - one increases by 5F and one decreases by 4F - factory setting is 380F. Maintains set temperature within a degree.

BudToaster

Veteran
up to the 6th iteration of the PCB for my vape - now called "The Herbal Cube" (THC, lol) :

View media item 17580760
same 2" cube body. DEANS plug soldered directly to the PCB for maximum reliability. pick n place and wave soldered at the pcb facility. i just couldn't solder the parts by hand reliably. not a problem anymore.

added a programming port to make uploading the firmware a simple process.

using a CNC router to mill the cube, cover and bezel.
View media item 17575534
View media item 17688996 View media item 17688995
using a CNC knife to cut the leather et. al. for the case.
View media item 17263437
very old version of the case - it is much better now, but same size