What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You seen my DOG? im feeling a little dogless ... :( help me find my doggie?

Killahbeez

ChemD day 45

Attachments

• 20221012_092252.jpg
    20221012_092252.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 105
  • 20221012_092254.jpg
    20221012_092254.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 104
  • 20221012_092321.jpg
    20221012_092321.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 105

Killahbeez

Chem Sis day 45 and 49

Attachments

• 20221015_161035.jpg
    20221015_161035.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 99
  • 20221015_161026.jpg
    20221015_161026.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 102
  • 20221015_161052.jpg
    20221015_161052.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 99
  • 20221019_202005.jpg
    20221019_202005.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 107
  • 20221019_202010.jpg
    20221019_202010.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 97

Killahbeez

Chem91 SKVA The Queen 👸

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221026-145704_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221026-145704_Instagram.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 142
  • Screenshot_20221026-145724_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221026-145724_Instagram.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Screenshot_20221026-145732_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221026-145732_Instagram.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 141
  • Screenshot_20221026-145744_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221026-145744_Instagram.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_20221026-145752_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221026-145752_Instagram.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 149

acespicoli

^link^
Diogenes of Sinope. Copyright free, courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.

This is a story about a filthy dog… Over two thousand years ago, in ancient Greece, there lived a very controversial philosopher, who upset a lot of people. At first everyone hated him, sneered at him, and called him The Dog. But by the time he died, the people loved and admired him so much that they built a beautiful pillar, in his honour, made from white marble, with a statue of a little dog on top. His real name was Diogenes of Sinope and for over five hundred years he and his followers were known as the Cynics or Dogs. I’m going to tell you how he became one of the most important figures in the history of Western philosophy.

The Tail of the Dog​

Later in life Diogenes the Dog realized what the Oracle must have meant when she said he’d gain a reputation for defacing the currency. It was a metaphor for his iconoclastic nature. His destiny was to tear down social conventions, make people question their values, and show them a radically different way of life.

Last edited:

acespicoli

To promote their concerts in both San Francisco and Denver, Family Dog published a series of innovative psychedelic posters, handbills and other ephemera, created by a group of prominent young San Francisco artists including Wes Wilson, Alton Kelley and Stanley Mouse (Mouse Studios), Rick Griffin, Steve Renick and Victor Moscoso.

Wes Wilson
1667525081396.png

Wes Wilson

1667525216645.png

1667525258590.png

1667525282656.png

THE ART OF Wes Wilson
1667525393019.png

1667525428064.png

1667525480761.png

1667525620959.png

1667525850034.png

1667525035284.png

Robert Wesley Wilson (July 15, 1937 – January 24, 2020)
Leading proponents of the 1960s psychedelic art movement were San Francisco poster artists such as: Rick Griffin, Victor Moscoso, Bonnie MacLean, Stanley Mouse & Alton Kelley, and Wes Wilson.

acespicoli

1667526248082.png

Grateful Dead House, 710 Ashbury St, San Francisco, CA 94117

The Grateful Dead at home with their family of friends and the usual suspects, 1967​

acespicoli

1669300678967.png

Best wishes to all my brothers and sisters from other misters on this beautiful day. Happy Thanksgiving!

acespicoli

1670467327639.png

STANLEY MOUSE (American, b. 1940) and ALTON KELLEY (American 1940-2008). The Grateful Dead Skeleton and Roses​

1670470081835.png

1670468140354.png

Along with fellow artist Stanley Mouse, Kelley is credited with creating the wings and beetles on all Journey album covers as well as the skull and roses image for the Grateful Dead.
1670469988066.png

ALTON KELLEY (American, 20th Century)
Meet the Rockabyes, final artwork
Signed lower right

The late Alton Kelley was a designer whose inventive psychedelic posters came to epitomize the Haight-Ashbury hippie movement of the late 1960s. Kelley was a prominent figure in the Haight-Ashbury hippie community and, with his collaborator, Stanley Mouse, the two captured the mood of the era in psychedelic playbills, posters, and album covers, some of which, such as the "skull and roses" poster created for the Grateful Dead, became signature images for the bands they promoted.

Kelley, as he was affectionate called, and a close friend of Rick Griffin, was a major influence in rock and roll art, renowned for his amazing airbrushing techniques, of which he was a master, as well as his passion for framing, when the opportunity was offered. He was a gentle man, or as many would say, a "gentleman of the 'brush." This is a rare opportunity to acquire an original painting by this renowned artist.

This amazing airbrush painting, inspired by American fairground art, was developed as a logo and title commission for Meet the Rockabyes, an "Animal character band voiced by legendary rock stars," in the early '80s.

The Rockabyes are voiced by legendary rock , including Maria Muldaur and Marty Balin of Jefferson Starship fame, with musical support from Huey Lewis and Pete Sears, among many others.
1670470122938.png

1670470194528.png

1670468424181.png

In 1966-1967, Kelley had his studio at 715 Ashbury (across the street from 'the Grateful Dead house') along with Stanley Mouse, Rick Griffin, and Victor Moscoso.
1670468629881.png

1670468534154.png

ALTON KELLEY

1670470553836.png

acespicoli

chem4.jpg

chem4c.jpg
chem4b.jpg
chem4a.jpg

Pure Chem 4 FEM Lineage: (Chem 4 clone x Chem 4 clone) photo: CV:tiphat:

The Legendary Chem clones. The contributions of these clones are as great to cannabis as Skunk, Blueberry, Northern Lights or any other genetics you can imagine. Of the four original Chem clones I've always preferred the Chem 91 and Chem 4 clones. Chem 4 and Chem D are more like sisters, very similar to each other while Chem 91 is a half sister and Chem Sis is the step cousin. The Chem 4 clone compared to Chem D, in my opinion is the prettier plant with the same huge chunky yields of loud dank smelling flowers, without the variegated leaves. Maybe a little easier to grow as well.
In the past decade or two we've used the Chem 4 clone in regular (male/female) seed lines but haven't released a Fem line with it until now.
Pure Chem 4 FEM. The Chem 4 clone breeds well and produces close to identical plants from seed. Easy to find Chem 4 dom plants with even better trichome production than the clone only with the same huge yields. Pure Chem 4 FEM is a potent, indica dominant line with Fat, dense, chunky green buds with huge calyxes and dark red pistils that finish in 9 to 10 weeks. Loud heavy terps of lemon, skunky, piney kerosene flavors and aromas. It's loud and it's ultra pungent.
What else needs to be said? Pure Chem 4 FEM checks all of the boxes. If you dig huge yields of potent & obnoxiously pungent smoke, this one's made exclusively for you. Go crazy.

acespicoli

Tips for growing Chemdog cannabis​

Presented By Advanced NutrientsPublished on June 23, 2017 · Last updated February 25, 2021
1703124267602.png

Legendary Chemdog, parent to the ill-fated DogDaze.
This article is presented by Advanced Nutrients, a global company raising the bud weights and reputations of cannabis growers since 1999.

Strain overview: The mysterious Chemdog has been around for quite some time as one of the more potent hybrids available. It offers a strong diesel aroma paired with pungent earthy notes. The high offered by Chemdog is powerful with an invigorating edge to help fuel creativity and conversation.
Grow techniques: A quick grower, Chemdog responds well to training techniques. Scrogging (screen of green) is an ideal method for increasing the yields in a small space. As with any scrog method, remove the foliage from the base of the plant to allow airflow through the canopy. Chemdog’s dense buds are susceptible to mold, so proper air circulation is crucial. Grow in rich, healthy soil or hydroponically to help combat issues with mold or infection.
Want to learn more about growing marijuana? Check out Leafly’s Growing Guide to get tips and advice from expert growers.
Flowering time:
9 weeks
Yield: High
Grow difficulty: Moderate
Climate: Prefers mild, dry climates between 68 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
Indoor/outdoor: Ideally, grow Chemdog indoors where you can protect the plant from humidity and moisture. If grown outdoors, you need to be somewhere with a very dry climate to battle Chemdawg’s susceptibility to mold.
Feeding: Feeding for this hybrid is pretty standard. Top dress soils or use organic fertilizers that will not burn the plant.
1703124304128.png

(Advanced Nutrients)
To learn more about feeding with Advanced Nutrients supplements, check out their online nutrient calculatoror call their grower support line at

DISCLAIMER: i DO NOT PROMOTE OR PROFIT... THAT SAID
PLEASE SHARE YOUR FEED SCHEDULES SO WE CAN ALL GAIN SOME SUCCESS :huggg:
ITS BEEN SAID BY SOME OF THE CHEM CREW ITS ONLY CHEMDOG WHEN ITS GROWN HYDRO
CAST YOUR VOTE (y) FOR ORGANIC :love: FOR HYDRO CHEM ? LETS HEAR WHAT YOU THINK!

1703124952454.png

BEST NUTRIENTS?

Last edited:

acespicoli

1706927790832.png

1706927823333.png

1706927843448.png

1706927862875.png

1706927887717.png

1706927941576.png

25 YEARS OF CHEM DOG

October 1 2016
Danny Danko

A quarter-century after its debut, HT's senior cultivation editor investigates the origins of the strain that changed the game.
Danny Danko
That the work of hts day-measures more than theplantingandgrowtng/Let it grow, let it grow, greatly yield. -John Perry Barlow I
DEAL
It's June 1991 in Deer Creek, Indiana, and the Grateful Dead and their entourage are pulling into town for a two-night run. Little does anyone suspect that marijuana history is about to be made. The Dead's tours had long been known as a nexus for cannabis trades and pot-seed dissemination, but these summertime shows at the Deer Creek Amphitheater are now legendary for more than just their three-hour set lists. Something happened on Shakedown Street that changed the course of can nabis connoisseurship forever. Because these are the shows at which Chemdog, the man, discovered Chem Dog, the strain. Want to know more? You just gotta poke around...
I NEED H MIRACIE
As the story goes, Chem met P-Bud and Joe Brand on the lot in Deer Creek and purchased an ounce of a strain called Dogbud for $500. Later, he asked Joe to mail a few more ounces to him in Western Massachusetts, one of which contained 13 magic seeds.
Joe Brand says he got a few pounds of Dogbud from some friends of a friend in Crested Butte, Colorado. Allegedly, the strain originated somewhere on the California/Oregon border. They called it the Dog, but Joe thought it tasted “chemmy” and nicknamed it Chem. Some called it Chemweed and others Dogbud. Chem combined the two names and came up with Chem Dog.
As P-Bud himself recently recounted to me, “It’s amazing that the Chem Dog
strains have been preserved all these years. When I first saw the Dogbud in 1991,1 could not believe what I was seeing—I’m so glad Chem found those seeds and did what he did with them. And it was never ‘Chem Dawg’— it’s always been ‘Chem Dog.’ It’s a combination of ‘Chemweed’ and ‘Dogbud.’ Joe Brand and I started calling the Dogbud ‘Chemweed’ because it tasted so strong. Chem took the words ‘Chem’ and ‘Dog,’ and there you have it... ”
When Chem got home from the tour, he popped the first four of the 13 seeds. One plant was unfortunately a male and discarded. The three females were dubbed “Chem Dog” (now known as the Chem 91), “Chem Dog A” (now Chem’s Sister) and “Chem Dog B.” The 91 immediately became the most desirable and
went on to serve as a parent for many of the most popular strains of the last 25 years, including Sour Diesel, OG Kush and their many offspring. But these continue to be matters of much dispute, so let’s hear from the folks who were there.
DID CHEM DOC BIRVHIDUR DIEIEI?
Interestingly, another jamband concert played a pivotal role in spreading the gospel of Chem Dog. Phish’s 1992 show at the Roseland Ballroom in New York City is where Chem and Weasel first met. Once they realized they both had the fire, a friendship was forged and cuttings exchanged: Chem 91 went with Weasel to Staten Island, while RFK made its way to Western Mass. Just as the Dead passed their torch to Phish, so did Chem pass the flame to future generations of enthusiasts.
In late 1994, Chem’s New York City acquaintance AJ (short for “Asshole Joe,” though he’s actually quite a nice guy) named an accidental cross of Chem 91 and an unknown hermie from Weasel’s growroom “Diesel”; it was later dubbed “The Sour” by some friends in Albany, and eventually became famous as the NYC Diesel, AJ Sour Diesel or East Coast Sour Diesel. It quickly became the strain of choice for New York City’s cannabis connoisseurs and hip-hop elites. Following a crackdown on urban weed spots by Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, the city’s delivery services began to thrive and make a name for themselves largely on their ability to provide the real Sour Diesel.
Retailing at $50 for about two grams, the Sour commanded prices heretofore unknown in the marijuana market. It wasn’t unusual to hear of Wall Street types paying $800 to $1,000 an ounce during the late ’90s, and the demand for super-potent strains continued to increase in the 2000s. The inadvertent impregnation of the Chem 91 with stray pollen, possibly from the DNL, produced one of the most iconic marijuana strains in history—often copied but never duplicated.
AJ tells me: “In 1993,1 was a young, bright-eyed 20-year-old who was lucky enough to be standing in the right place at the right time. I’m eternally grateful to the spirit of this plant for all that it’s done to enhance my life. The fact that there’s a large, ever-growing constituency of people who have embraced the Dog and want to know everything about its history makes me happy and proud to have had a very small part in that story.”
DID CHEM DOB BIRVH OCKUIH?
Less easily substantiated, the legend of OG Kush starts in Lake Tahoe, California, where a member of the crew—since deceased—traveled circa 1994 with an S-l (selfed first-generation) bag seed of the Chem 91. Chem himself mentions some Dead shows in Tampa as the possible origin, since there were certainly some seeded Chem Dog buds sold on the lot during that leg of the tour. The provenance of the OG will always be in dispute, but its resemblance to the 91, and its proximity to the Chem family, makes this one of the more compelling and believable origin stories.
MICHVHIWEII
In 2001, Chem germinated three more of the magic seeds, labeling them “Chem Dog C,”
“D” and “E,” with “D” being the keeper and becoming known as the Chem D. Over the years, Chem popped more beans and engaged in some amateur breeding projects, producing several other notable varieties like the Bubble Chem (Chem’s Sister x Sagarmatha’s Bubbleberry), Super Snowdog (Bubble Chem x [Superskunk x Oregon Sno]), Giesel (Chem D x Mass Superskunk) and Dawg Daze, a.k.a. Chem Haze (Chem D x [1993 Sensi Seeds NL #5 x Haze]).
VHE POWER 01 VHE DOB
In a recent High Times cover story, “The Strongest Strains on Earth 2016,” my colleague Nico Escondido detailed the astounding potency of the Chem Dog entered into our 2015 Colorado Cannabis Cup by Next Harvest. Extensive lab tests showed the strain reaching a new milestone, coming in at a whopping 32.13 percent THC—the first time ever that a strain entered in one of our competitions topped the 30 percent mark. This will come as no surprise to anyone who has smoked the pure Chem Dog, but it certainly confirms the strength of this sensi stalwart.
BRDWIHB CHEM DOB
(from HT, May ’06)
Chem’s growing mix is regular Pro-Mix fortified with FoxFarm Marine Cuisine. Alternating between FoxFarm and Earth Juice products, he feeds mildly and only vegetates his plants for a week or so in 1-gallon buckets. Upon flowering, he transplants into 5-gallon buckets into which he also adds earthworm castings.
Even Chemdog’s pest-control techniques are all organic. He chooses to use Safer Soap and yellow sticky traps to take care of stray mites and whiteflies. Knowing that vinegar and wine attract fungus gnats, he places the cups at plant level to drown these annoying insects.
In between feedings, Chemdog uses plain water, 1 gallon per bucket every three days and then every two days during heavy flowering. In addition to the regular nutrient feedings, he provides humic acids in the form of Europonic Fossil Fuel once a week. During the last two weeks of flowering, only plain water is used to leach out any remaining salts.
The leaching process causes the fan leaves to turn fall colors, some yellows but also radiant reds and purples, as excess nitrogen and other nutrients are extracted. This results in clean-burning buds that burn to a light white ash, enhancing the flavor and smokeability of these amazing strains.
VHE IUVURE Dl CHEM DOGS VHE MOVIO HEUER HOPPED
In 2006, Chem reunited with Joe Brand and gave him four of the last six beans. Joe preferred the fourth one popped (Chem #4) and calls it the “Reunion Pheno.” Chem-related strains continue to entice pot aficionados and make a name for themselves, culminating in an article by yours truly titled “CSI: Cannabis Strain Investigation—In Search of Chem Dog”
(May ’06), as well as my selection of Chem Dog as one of High Times’ Top 10 Strains of the Year for 2006.
Unfortunately, the summer of 2011 brought some unwanted attention from law enforcement to Chem’s door, and he was arrested and charged with cultivation and possession, forcing him to he low for several years while serving his probation.
During this lean time—in which Chem lost his home, his car and more—friends like Ben at the IC Collective, Skunk VA and that guy from Maine who kept the strains alive and thriving.
Ben even won the High Times Cannabis Cup for Best Indica in 2014 in Sonoma County, California, with Chem Scout!
Another person working closely with Chem genetics is JJ NYC of Top Dawg Seeds. JJ changed his strain names to the “Dawg” spelling to honor the original varieties and differentiate them from his own breeding projects, such as the Tres Dawg (Chem D x Double Dawg), Star Dawg (Chem #4 x Tres Dawg) and Black Dawg (Black Widow x Star Dawg).
JJ NYC tells me: “I’m just happy and lucky enough to be associated with some of the people who were involved with one of the strongest strains available today. I would like to thank Joe B, P-Bud, Chemdog, the Weasel and Skunk VA. Everyone had a little role in the creation and preservation of the Chem Dog and its hybrids. I’m just amazed they’ve gone on to set the strain trends that we have around the world today. At the time, we had no idea that we were dealing with one of the strongest strains on the planet.”
These days, Chem is happy to be finished with his legal issues. He’s blowing glass pipes influenced by his mentor, Bob Snodgrass (follow @chemdog_glass on Instagram), and looking to expand the Chemdog brand. He owns the trademark for the name and will soon be appearing at marijuana gatherings, as well as collaborating with the IC Collective on some new genetics. So, until then: “Don’t be a collector of more than you need / Got a lot of things growing, but keep watching your seeds... ” ik-

1707445747856.png

Original 91 chemdawg AKA the skunk VA cut.
as it was the only verified cut chem gave out. his online screen name is Skunk VA.

Attachments

• 1706928094773.png
    1706928094773.png
    993.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

acespicoli

Sour Diesel?​

breeder: Weasel aka Klopps AJ

First of all, I go way back to the begining 92-93. my good friend from NY,
was the one who got the ChemDog and Super Skunk first.
1708007454536.png

1708007493088.png

And yes the Chem was called Diesel because people in NY did not like the name
and because it was the "Cock Diesel"
1708005314228.png

1708005028243.png

But you don't talk about the next strain created from the Chemdog.
Also known as

UnderDog, Daywrecker, Original Diesel (Chemdog x VA super skunk/NL)
Original Diesel »»» Chemdawg x {MassSuperSkunk x SensiNL}

Original Diesel Phenotype: Daywrecker cut
»»» Chemdawg x {MassSuperSkunk x SensiNL} Northern Lights »»» NL #1 x NL #2 x NL #5

Sour came from this and a hermied DNL.

1708001035157.png

Strain: MassSuperSkunk
Breeder: Unknown or Legendary
Photo made at: Flowering; Day No.63
Upload date: 22.08.2023
Picture from: Antidote Man
1708003206990.png

Chemdog ‘91 grown by Skunkva aka Lucky Dog Seed Co

This is the famed Original 91 chemdawg
AKA the skunk VA cut.
as it was the only verified cut chem gave out.
his online screen name is Skunk VA.

1708004892163.png

Last edited:

acespicoli

What do we know about the clone-only Albany Sour?​

Bag Appeal: In what I have to imagine is a continuance of some long standing tradition, my Albany Sour came virtually untrimmed. The bracts themselves are loose and foxtailed, providing significant surface area for resin coverage. Each calyx is sticky and slick in a way I rarely experience. Aggressively frosty, Albany Sour is beautiful and unlike most material I see, but this particular post-production results in a lot of unsmokable biomass.

Aroma: Pungent, raunchy and certainly unique, Albany Sour is not as loud as I expected. The aroma resembles that of a music festival – a noxious combination of stale beer and soured body odor. There is a lingering piney freshness in the background that cuts through the heavy, almost humid smell that radiates from the jar. When broken down, inviting latex and licorice terps emerge.

Flavor: Albany Sour tastes like spoiled milk mixed with burnt rubber. Undeniably sour, the flavor itself is subtle and the smoke has an unctuous mouthfeel. The flavor is gnarly, without being astringent, and features a slight lemon quality, almost like Crystal Light. The Chem notes are clear, but aren’t as sharp as a pure 91. The effects are wildly uplifting without a sedative crescendo, which is a clear departure from other Sours I’ve tried. Blissfully heady, a general lightness took over my body while a focused cerebral buzz took hold.

Albany Sour Lineage / Genealogy​

acespicoli

Chem 91 fully functional THCAS gene
1708828992650.png

This chart represents the Illumina sequence coverage over the Bt/Bd allele. These are the three regions in the cannabis genome that impact THCA, CBDA, CBGA production. Coverage over the Active CBDAS gene is highly correlated with Type II and Type III plants as described by Etienne de Meijer. Coverage over the THCA gene is highly correlated with Type I and Type II plants but is anti-correlated with Type III plants. Type I plants require coverage over the inactive CBDA loci and no coverage over the Active CBDA gene. Lack of coverage over the Active CBDA and Active THCA allele are presumed to be Type IV plants (CBGA dominant). While deletions of entire THCAS and CBDAS genes are the most common Bt:Bd alleles observed, it is possible to have plants with these genes where functional expression of the enzyme is disrupted by deactivating point mutations (Kojoma et al. 2006).

CHEM91
1708828484745.png
'71 '74 SKUNK
1708828595547.png
MENDO PURPLE
1708828698376.png
GARLIC
1708829829600.png
HAZE
1708830192287.png
Type I plants require coverage over the inactive CBDA loci and no coverage over the Active CBDA gene.
1708829306486.png

Last edited: