What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yoga

Drugcheese

Any of you stoners do Yoga? With the ridiculous race schedule I have coming up this fall (3 marathons) I am thinking I will start a Yoga routine at a new studio in town to stay flexible and help with recovery. I'm mostly motivated by the fact that a girl I know gave me a free pass to her friends studio. They are both gorgeous, so I figure at the very least I get to go get all gay in front of them a couple times a week.

What are your experiences with Yoga? I've done some before, but nothing in a class setting

T

TrichyTrichy

you will love it! check out the book online Asanas by Dharma Mitra.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been doing it on a more-or-less daily basis for going on 8 years now. I started it as a therapy to help recover from injuries and orthopedic surgeries. At this point, it is what makes life worth living. If you find that you don't like the style that you have the freebies for, keep looking. There are literally hundreds of different styles. My ladyfriend is a Bikram fanatic, but I think that if I was to try that it would have to be with an ambulance standing by. My preference is ashtanga. Be prepared for a slow start - the runners that I know who move into yoga seem to have a hard time initially because the demands on your body are completely different. And yes, the yoginis are frequently gorgeous!

bentom187

Veteran
qi gong( chi gong) is also very good for you ,and was invented by bodidharma to help keep meditating monks in the shaolin temple in tip top shape.

RandyMarsh

I got into Yoga when I started my p90x routine about 2 years ago. I usually have a session once a week, though I dont use the p90x dvd for it anymore (Cant stand that guy anymore). It has really helped my skateboarding more than anything.

C

Chamba

you will love it! check out the book online Asanas by Dharma Mitra.

thanks for the link, i actually have the book "Asanas, 608 yoga poses" by Dharma Mittra.

i've been practicing yoga for 5 or 6 years now, without regular practice, my lower back becomes stiff and painful.

Having a little puff of resin before a session is great too, I can really zone in when buzzing, though I find some strains affect my balance for the worse.

Don't get hung up which yoga style is best, they are all good....what is important at first, regardless of the pose or style, is to concentrate on the correct breathing, focus and form.

Everyone who practices yoga benefits both mentally and physically from it..if everyone practiced yoga, the world would be a better place.

Last edited:

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
I never thought of it before, but Yoga and herb go together like...well..peas and carrots.

I think tonight I will give it a shot..have a couple puffs of some Purple Urkle and do some yoga.

S

stickey fingers

drugcheese, your'e chance to look cool and stop looking like a dumb shit ! you proably run like a women and look real gay !
FYI i am not homophobic, i am a ironman triathlete so i could proably say you look gay when you run!
20 years of yoga and loveing it everyday !
RIP DR JAY

S

scoobie

Yoga is Excellent for living !! recovery, chill, or get fit !! I like Bikrams, But it is the hardest training I ever did !! Weed before Bikrams ??? I dont think so !!!!! Have a big Bucket handy !

softyellowlight

Yoga is pure magic. I have never felt the peace of mind I have felt in yoga classes anywhere else in my life, regardless of whether I was able to smoke beforehand (much better with a proper amount of cannabinoids in your system, like anything else!)

Tai Chi was my first taste of meditative anaerobic exercise but it never had the life-altering effects I feel when I'm able to practice yoga on a regular basis. Of course, since I love dance music and dancing, there's the secondary benefit of getting amazing balance and flexibility, too!

Keshava

Namaste - My name is Keshava and I am new to this Forum. I am wondering, if someone is interested in sharing any kind of Experiences- combining Cannabis and Yoga. Last entry here is quit a while ago and perhaps I am innige wrong chat.

This is just a call to all Ganja Yogis here! I would love to connect 🙏❤️

Nannymouse

It is sometimes a surprise to me how some of the most simple poses can seem very profound. Upward Cats, Downward Dogs, Happy Baby, Bridges and Planks...i don't try to do many of the more difficult poses, and i really should be more consistent. I didn't start any of these until later in life, now i have arthritis on top of the old injuries from horse and car crashes.