What's new

Yes! It's OK to have egg on pizza!

R

Relik

When I was in Mexico I tasted what a friend called a "Mexican pizza". It was just like a regular pizza but the crust was in fact a tortilla. Better than taco Bell! :D

Peace

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Sounds really good. I work at a pizza place, and make new things for myself every time I work. I've been trying different ingredients in calzones lately, trying to find what I like. I love using 50/50 mozzerella and provolone mix for the cheese.

I think I'll bring a few eggs in tomorrow, and either try the drizzeled yolks on the normal pizza, or just make a breakfast pizza. Thanks for the ideas guys!

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
The italian God of pizza could get very very angry after readin this. LOL
Pheno u crazy mo'fo i just sent you a pounder can of anchovy for your pizzas.

Absolut

Doesn't sound too crazy to me
and I'm from the US. But I do
LOVE eggs. I could eat breakfast
foods all day, everyday.

I know someone who likes to eat
Honey Nut Cherrios with orange juice.

Pineapples + soy sauce TRY IT

J

Jack Crevalle

In Portugal and other countries where they speak Portuguese there is a pizza called Portuguesa and it has hard boiled eggs on top, but it also has ham, whole olives, sausage and some herbs..It's quite good once you've downed about 5 beers and smoked a phatty! Here's a pic..Oh and it's thin wood cooked dough...
5 minute cook time...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/9/78266367_0bbbec8b72.jpg

Then you ask for the caramelized banana or the chocolate pizza for desert.

Last edited:

Dr.Diamonds

there is a bakery in southern ontario, canada, that has traditional italian pizza.

in the mornings, they serve 'breakfast pizza', which has bacon and egg on it. highly recommended.
despite it being an odd combination, it is terrific.

Banjoboy

Dr Dog said:
My gf has a condition which does not allow her to eat wheat, so regular crust is out for her(me not so much).
I have made her pizza using eggs as the crust, it was mighty tasty!

Are you familier with spelt and spelt flour. Many people with wheat alergies or other disorders can eat things made with this acient grain.
:wave:
BB

G

Egg is also great at soaking up any canna oils you may feel the need to add to your pizza. Saves ya from a soggy base ;)

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pheno...your going to start a whole new food fad here in the good ol usa LOL ...sounds good to me, going to have to go to pappa murphys and try it out :D

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
I just wanted to thank everybody for their support and understanding, there hasn't been a single negative post in this thread and everybody has been really open-minded and tolerant about diversification on the dough. You guys rock!

G

Its absurd.
good food is where you Taste it :p~~

Last edited:

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
I love pizza. Some people say they love the smell of gasoline. Others say they love waking up after a good nights rest.
But I LOVE pizza. If there was only one food I could eat for the rest of my life (and for imagination's sake lets pretend that what you choose has everything you need in a healthy diet) it would be pizza.

My favorite pizza recently - Rio Rancho
NY style, with thinly sliced tomato, chopped bacon, and ranch dressing cooked into the cheese. No marinara or tomato sauce.

It's absolutely amazing.
I almost feel like ordering one right now.

:O

Latest posts

Latest posts