What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yellowing/purpling twisting leafs.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Yellowing/purpling twisting leafs on my pixie styx auto. What is likly the cause and can any thing be done to fix the problem?
As you can see the plant right next to it which is a big bud auto is growing fine.

Looks like the pixie styx auto seed dont want to grow big before the floweing starts. Not even when grown in a 3 gallon pot.
The big bud, ak, GDP auto all grew big befor flower started least one time so far. I just planted more auto seeds. They sprouted now its time to pot them into the big pots.
All that being said im gunna keep her flowering and do my best to get her to grow big flowers by harvest time

20221025_084454.jpg
20221025_084426.jpg
20221025_084012.jpg

20221025_084102.jpg
20221025_084054.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Give her a good drench runoff feeding of ph 6.5 at 500ppm. It will take too long to see an improvement at this point. Just keep using the above until ready to harvest.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
It looks hungry
I wonder why such a tiny plant in such a big container is yellow!? 🤔

Is the pot fully rooted? Is this used soil? The soil looks a bit worn out and dry. Just add water and then harvest in 7 days or so, it's tiny anyway. 😅 But seems like you are getting some decent weed... enjoy your meal. :rasta:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Well the other problem is that the soil now smells kinda mushroom like. The other poblem is i didnt have any perlite to add to the soil when the seed was planted. And i now decided that i no longer like this brand of soil.

If the soil feels a tiny bit cold to the toutch then does that mean its still wet?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would suspect a pH imbalance. It looks like a soil/soilless medium?.. PH should be 6.5. You could measure the runoff PH. That will tell ya where it's at. It should be 6.3-6.5. I'll guess its 5.5-5.8. Make sure you are letting it dry before another feeding. Pots should be easy to pick up. Track how long it takes for a plant to dry before wilting. That is when you feed again.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Yellowing/purpling twisting leafs on my pixie styx auto. What is likly the cause and can any thing be done to fix the problem?
As you can see the plant right next to it which is a big bud auto is growing fine.

Looks like the pixie styx auto seed dont want to grow big before the floweing starts. Not even when grown in a 3 gallon pot.
The big bud, ak, GDP auto all grew big befor flower started least one time so far. I just planted more auto seeds. They sprouted now its time to pot them into the big pots.
All that being said im gunna keep her flowering and do my best to get her to grow big flowers by harvest time

View attachment 18773534 View attachment 18773535 View attachment 18773539

View attachment 18773540 View attachment 18773541

This is clear nitrogen deficiency in flowering, caused by underwatering.

The leaf damage is progressive, the leaf tips and edges are not damaged, just chlorosis. That's nitrogen deficiency/lockout.

Water the plants slowly and thorougly, then not water again until it is as dry as this.

The green plant isn't in flowering, it is vegging, when plants can and should do with a lot less watering and nutrition. It seems that up to a certain point, flowering plants need and use more water.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Should I keep using the botanicare cal-mag-iron and bloom food when watering or just pain ph adjusted water? So... water it slowly and thoroughly at 1 time or a little bits at a time?

Thanks for all you guys help...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You won't know where to start until you measure your PH runoff. 99% of all deficiencies are PH related. Your plant cant use what it needs when locked out. You could run RO through it and measure your PH runoff.

If too low use ph RO until you have a good PH runoff of 6.5. Unlikely too to have a high PH. If it is make a feed batch of 6.5 PH until good runoff. Don't touch until the medium has dried enough to need more. Once the medium has the proper PH range the plant will respond. That takes time. If she doesn't have much time left no point in fixing it. Just feed PH 6.5 with good runoff until ready to harvest.

Last edited: