What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

XenForo / New Forum Software - Testers Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenHXF

Administrator
Hello,

My name is Steven and I've been working on the migration to XF with XenForo and the guys who helped moved from VB3 to VB5. Prior to getting things ready to switch over it would be great if some of you could help us test core functionality of the XenForo version to reduce the possibility of unseen issues post switch.

We have a version of the forum on running XenForo featuring a data dump taken some months ago, what we'd like is for community members who are interested to help us check that things like album creation, album management, group subscription, account creation, profile management, post / comment management and creation all work as expected. We've run a lot of tests ourselves and are happy that everything is working as it should, however, these things are always better when you have more eyes looking at something.

There will be gaps in the data currently on the XenForo version as it was imported some months ago, the focus is really on how well the day-to-day functionality is working rather than data imported.

To access the XF version all you'll need to do is update your hosts file and enter the username and password we provide. We can provide guides on this if needed.

Please send me a PM if you're interested in helping with this and we'll send access instructions via PM in the coming days.

I've locked comments on this so that what I've said above doesn't get lost.

Thanks,
Steven

Last edited:

StevenHXF

Administrator
Hello,

Just wanted to provide an update. So far we've had around 10 members get on the test site to help us test things out. I just wanted to mention that this isn't limited to moderators so please send me a PM if you'd like to help us test things.

Thanks,
Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.