What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WV's some of this and that!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's a straight pic of the Mikrobs I'm starting to use on all my plants. I may not use it on a few to see the difference. I go with a TBS every 2-3wks. I'm just now learning and using the product. I'm pretty routine on what nutes, ferts, and brands I use. So to add Mikrobs was a tough decision. But I use a lot of Promix and that contains mycorrizea also. So I figure it could help. But to honestly say it's a must, of course I'll have to get a flowered crop. But in my limited use I like it alot. I'm a older guy, but always looking for ideas and better ways to grow.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I was to try something new once I get my bed really dialed in - it will be Mammoth P microbes. I have confidence that isn't snake oil.

dank.Frank

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those higher temps will definitely help out. Hopefully, someone will chime in to help you out with the aerocloner. I have an EZcloner sitting in my shed gathering dust. That should tell you something..lol. Mammoth P...? Will do some research.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
If I was to try something new once I get my bed really dialed in - it will be Mammoth P microbes. I have confidence that isn't snake oil.

dank.Frank

Oh yea like I said I'm pretty hard to get off my fertilizer and nute program. But I've started adding Silica and some other things that's helped. Like I'm saying after I flower a round of plants out using it we'll all see how it's doing. I'm kinda a fed often but not turn the wick up to high type guy when it comes to feeding. I remember when guys thought they were pushing the bar going under 6.2 of so on PH lol. I'm still kinda old school and don't like to get under 6. It seems like I start to get the tips showing you got her right on the edge if I go around 5.8. This is in Promix/HAPPY frog or Ocean Forest, Stonington soil mix I use. But:tiphat: the Mikrobs guys said to feed around 6.5. I've went to 6.3 but don't wanna stray to far from there recommended numbers, especially at first.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea I need to research more about what these guys are doing with the areocloners. I've got it were I can keep the temps low enough. I don't get much heat from the pumps anyway. It's like I'll do decent and get some to root and once I get them to dirt I'm fine. Sometimes I would put 2-3 drops of Hormex B1 in the water. I've PHed, I've not PHed. I got them cleaned and rinsed so many times everything is ready to go. I gotta practice with them.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ok it slipped my mind were already about 31-32 days into flowering!!!! I've got 8 huge tall San Fernando Lemon kush, and 7-8 including the mother of the Lemon Tart. She's kinda lollypopped from me practicing some cloning techniques. My San Fernando Lemon kush mom has got were she needs flowered out. I let them get to big.

But today the humidity is staying around 42-46 or so. I fed everything again today, I usually add some calmag and silica blast to my Fox Farm ferts. But I was gonna flush them at day 30, but I'll have to flush next time. When I flush with plain water I usually give each plant more water than I do when I fed....most of the time. Once those SLK get big like this they'll drink a gal a day easy. And the Lemon Tart drink a lot also, but not like the SLK.

My cloning

Ok a few plants I'd been practicing with I finally got some nice roots coming from 2. So I transferred the rapid rooters into solo cups of Coast of Maine seed starter and some perlite.....mix to your liking. This is a really rich seed starter. I've put a few clones in it and there really greening up looking healthy. And the 24 I started are in a room around 70, that's inside the dome. I know it's cool, but do you think they'll root in that dome around 70f or have to get warmer. I know the warmer they are obviously is the best thing for them. But I just removed the dome and put it back on about 30 secs later.

That last pic is probably the smallest of the Lemon Tart. I have to spread the SLK out and find holes here and there for a Lemon Tart lol. I just hope they stay around 45 humidity and I can let me buds fatten up a week or so longer. I couldn't do that with my first indoor grow. I was having to harvest a few days earlier than I'd prefer. I prefer to usually let the plant go a few extra days after I think it's done. I'm not a guy wanting to harvest a few days early. Which I know my first grow I could've got fatter, harder buds if the humidity hasn't in the 70s. I really wanna get some good fern strips, don't gotta have 2x4s and frame up each section of the growroom and staple panda film on everything. I was gonna make 2 doors so I could get through to my Veg area, which is behind the panda film in back. I have another 10-12ft I can use there. And I don't even get around the last 8-10ft because the hot water heater. But it would stay warmer and dehumidifier would do better obviously. But it seems ok, I ran it on nonstop a few days. I finally raised it to 35% which it probably won't get too. There's a 2 and 4hr delay I've thought of using if I can stay below 50. This is my first dehumidifier like I said that dry air in the great lake region I never had any mold

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Goddamn, those girls are big - and happy. You speak of high humidity at times. Do you have a fan running in there? I didn't see one in the pics. My Banana Kush drinks a lot of water, too. Could it be a Kush thingy...lol?
70 degrees will more than likely work for you with the clones, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable with 75. If you took the dome off, and it dropped to 70, that would be cool, but I wouldn't leave it off too long. Just me, I guess. When I'm doing clones, I'm thinking "Amazon rainforest" type temps and humidity. Keep up the awesome work, my brutha'. You got it goin' on:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
And a lot of my Veg plants that are from regular seed, mainly the Karma stuff looks like there mostly males. I'll probably start some seeds in a few wks. I'm trying to keep several mothers to keep a variety. But I got a few fems from the Karma beans so I knew there's some males coming.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Goddamn, those girls are big - and happy. You speak of high humidity at times. Do you have a fan running in there? I didn't see one in the pics. My Banana Kush drinks a lot of water, too. Could it be a Kush thingy...lol?
70 degrees will more than likely work for you with the clones, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable with 75. If you took the dome off, and it dropped to 70, that would be cool, but I wouldn't leave it off too long. Just me, I guess. When I'm doing clones, I'm thinking "Amazon rainforest" type temps and humidity. Keep up the awesome work, my brutha'. You got it goin' on:tiphat:

Yea I've got a 8in inline hydrofarm fan with a big 8in Terra Bloom carbon filters. And I've got several oscillators and I could bring fresh air in also when it's warmer. But I'm gonna add another 6in fan and carbon filter I've already got it just probably gonna wait so I'm have room to do it lol. But I've got several other 6 in inline fans I've kinda thought about hooking one up to blow some air through the plants. I've got a brand new Terra Bloom 6in EC series with the speed control I'm thinking of putting up just to move the air a little better. Thanks Vash I was kinda thinking of adding the fan. I'm gonna have to daisy chain my lights, damn I don't have a plug in anywere. If there the same lights you can daisy chain a certain amount. I've got several Leds that's the same I could daisy chain together. I think I've got 3 sets I can daisy chain. My 2 1800s together, the 2 1000s on there wire and 3 1000s that's a different brand. I've got some many heat mats and stuff also. Those 3 way plug in dividers at dollar tree, I'm got about 10 of those lol. I just wanna make sure it's safe and free some outlets up!!! Do you just unhook the power cord from the light after you daisy chain them, well the one the wire goes to I'm guessing it doesn't matter if the power cord is plugged in the top??? I'm certain 1 power cord and it doesn't matter about the led you run the wire too. It's what 14-2 wire guys??? Or should it be 16-2

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well I did a flush with plain water on all flowering plants. And just removing excessive leaves and stuff. My humidity is staying around 42% which I like. The temps stay a bit cool around 68-70f. I gotta get some wire and daisy chain my Leds still. And I might put up that 6in inline fan and let it blow through the plants on a lower setting like Vash was suggesting. You can't see my carbon filter and 8in inline fan, there towards to back. I've got several inline fans brand new I haven't used yet. I did a pretty decent flush so I won't have to water today. Maybe just prune and get another fan going this evening. I'd like to put some clips on side on the buckets on those Lemon Tarts and spread them out some so the light

The rapid rooters!!! Ok Vash I opened the dome and the water is gone almost on the bottom tray. But they felt kinda heavy so I didn't add any plain water or mild Veg solution. Should I maybe add a little more veg solution if they seem to be drying up?? Ive just quickly took the dome off to check. It's staying around 70-73f which I know would benefit if I was warmer.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Free up some outlets........do you use power strips? That could do it. I always like to keep a little water/light solution in the bottom of the tray. If not, I make sure that the RR's are moist. You don't want those puppies to dry out. I ran into that issue a couple of days ago. After your roots are established, you'll be able to remove that dome. Humidity(at least 60%) is of the essence when trying to establish roots. I daisy chained my t5's with no issues. Main cord to the wall controlled them all. That should work for the LEDs as well.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Free up some outlets........do you use power strips? That could do it. I always like to keep a little water/light solution in the bottom of the tray. If not, I make sure that the RR's are moist. You don't want those puppies to dry out. I ran into that issue a couple of days ago. After your roots are established, you'll be able to remove that dome. Humidity(at least 60%) is of the essence when trying to establish roots. I daisy chained my t5's with no issues. Main cord to the wall controlled them all. That should work for the LEDs as well.

Yea I use the 3 outlet strips from dollar tree lol, but I'm still probably gonna wire the sets together. I'll add a little solution to the bottom, they were pretty moist yesterday some hopefully they didn't dry out.

I just finished up some tlc to my Lemon Tarts, cleaned off the bottom and removed a few leaves to get more light. Also tied back some to open them up. Also got that Terra BLOOM fan installed just to help airflow in the flowering room. I'm probably gonna have to use some 3gal pots next grow in order to fit everything. I might be able to get a few more feet each way. This is my first grow this large without HPS. If I had replaced a few breakers that went bad I could probably use one at least. I don't know a lot about electricity, but need to get a meter so I know exactly which one or ones are bad.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I added a little solution to the trays, I could've wait another day probably but the one tray was drier and I just went ahead ahead and watered. I accidentally let one get caught in the tray and pulled it out, so thats 1 down lol.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
What do you think wait 3-5 more days before I pull one out and see if there rooting....maybe less?? They been about 3-4 days I'd have to look to be exact so far. I won't let them trays or cubes dry out. Thanks A lot Vash I'd be happy if half them root. I f'ed that one up last nite, it didn't have any roots. I'm gonna check and make sure they don't seem heavy, kinda make sure that little bit of solution didn't get them too wet. But I'm gonna try this way again when it gets warmer in my side room, so I can keep them warmer. But there around 70-74 now and I'll have to get a meter to keep check inside the trays. I'll probably get my areocloners or maybe just one going soon. I'm kinda wanting to wait until this tray of rapid rooters are finished.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm gonna give my clones for the next grow some Mikrobs tomorrow and I'll get some pics of what's to come!!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
The water I put in the trays is basically dried up but the rapid rooters are pretty moist. I'm probably gonna check on them early and if they seem drier add more water/veg solution :tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ok I've watered everything over the past 2 days. I turned up the wick a lil with Tiger Bloom and added some calmag and florlicious plus. Also added another Updayday 1000w, and will probably put the other one up tomorrow!!!! Yes I've worked for about 30mims cleaning up my Chocolate Nightmare mom and others.

And I'm gonna add some solution to my clones in the rapid rooters. I'm 3 down I had to toss. I'm hoping they'll root, I need some Sour Valley clones and Burning man

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Added some solution to the clone tray, it looks like I see some roots. But I've tried to keep it above 70f inside the dome. I've got my Sour Valley and OGKB 2.0 mom's that's got some good cuts I need to get. I may soak up some more rapid or riot rooters. I'm kinda holding off on the areocloners while I'm using the rapid rooters. Those are 2 mom's I need to focus on getting clones from. I've got A lot of ECSD and several Chocolate Nightmares and like 2 -3 of the Sour Valley and OGKB. I've had to prune A lot of my mothers especially the San Fernando Lemon kush and ECSD they get huge.

Also vegging there's 2 Serious Seeds Strawberry Ak I'm gonna get cuts from. And I've got a Gelato OG from Seedsman and a Dos sweet Do from Sweat Seeds of whatever they named the strain. I've got some other stuff I've probably get a few cuts from. I started a couple Tahoe OG but those are still seedlings. I'm thinking of starting several seeds just as soon as I can determine sex on my other regular mainly Karma seeds. I've got a nice Key Lime x Dos and Double Sundea I'll probably get a few cuts from. And I've got some stuff passed down to me I'd like to get back indoor. Just mainly trying to keep some varieties I can switch it up too.

Latest posts

Latest posts