What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

wtfn's 4000w legal medical soil food web organic grow show

Bobble, where do you have your humidistat located in your room? Is it at the wall, or near the canopy?

Edit: by the way, the bucket wasn't done when I took that pic. I put quite a few more holes in it since then, and I'm thinking about just cutting that entire back panel out. I've worn out fans with foggers before. It's no joke, it'll happen quick. I also ran some ducting from the fan to suck drier air from a few feet away. The output is good, and it raises the humidity very quickly, but it according to the dayton it rises 2 points for every 1 point on my other hyg until it just clocks out early. Yours doesn't do that?

bobblehead

Veteran
I keep it near the ceiling in the middle of the room. Looks like its kinda hard to get to the middle of your room nowadays...

I keep it near the ceiling in the middle of the room. Looks like its kinda hard to get to the middle of your room nowadays...

Not as bad as you'd think. I can stand on the center of the beds where the supports are if I have to. I'll probably hang it just above my co2 sensor, which is only about two feet from where it is right now.

I figured out what was going on with my humidity. The controller had apparently never been in a humid environment, and was reading "Hi" at 65% or so for whatever reason. I took it out of the equation and ran the fogger until I could barely see and the controller is reading consistent with the other two now. I'm not sure why, but as long as it works now I really don't care.

I've only tried it once before, but with good results. I take about 1/4 of a mosquito dunk and the normal amount of worm castings, maybe a little less, and molasses, bubble for 12 hours or so and apply. I don't know if I'm doing it correctly but applying the mosquito dunks alone works pretty well so I don't see how it could hurt.

I don't remember where, but I got the idea after reading a thread where someone used a variation on this recipe to combat root aphids.

_D, How on EARTH did it take me this long to dig through your other threads? I'm completely blown away, and humbled by the level of dedication it must have taken to get where you are. And DAMMIT stop making me want to set up some vert racks!!

It's funny because I actually remember bobble, silver, krunch, heath (of course) and quite a few of the relevant others from perusing the forums back in '09 - '11 when I had the traila grow goin' (tho freds is a hell of a gem I missed!) but of course it was the first tidbit of great advice that sold me on your professionalism, rather than all these damn beautiful pics.

Maybe you can drop me a spoiler... did Tommy ever do those bloom booster trials? A search of the thread doesn't turn up anything. :\

AuZen - Thanks for stopping in!

Well, my plants don't like something that happened within the last day. I think it's temp/humidity fluctuations trying to get my humidity set up dialed, along with tweaking my thermostats (a/c and lights -- I know, I'm lame). At some point I may have let the temp go too high or the humidity too low. I let it touch 88F for 15 min or so last night, but the humidity was very high. This morning I let the humidity drop to 40 (humi ran dry overnight, haven't hooked that float valve up yet, need an adapter and been too sick to leave the house) but the temps were in the low 70's. Either way, my plants aren't taking it too well. They're starting to remind me of the last crop :\

It's really unfortunate that my controller came malfunctioning, but I got that fixed yesterday mid-day, and it's actually reading lower than the other two now, so I can't really use that as an excuse at this point.

Also, I'm starting to suspect my go-to digital hyg reads about 10 points high. That would explain why my plants freak out at seemingly normal temps and humidity levels.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
whyf, I only cruised through the last pages of of your thread here but I really like the beds and screens that you made up. I look forward to seeing how this stuff develops! Good luck!

Looks like things are under control over here, plants are regaining turgidity now that humidity has been stable at 65 - 75% since around 8 am. I expect them to be pointing upward again by the morning. I also got my thermostat whittled down to a 4 - 5 degree differential, which is confusing my humidity controller a little less. For whatever reason, it just continues to read "Hi" while the other two (hanging in the exact same spot) both read ~70% until the a/c kicks on, at which point it immediately starts dropping to the same level as the other two. When the compressor turns off again it immediately starts climbing until it kicks off prematurely. I don't think it's an airflow issue. Either way when I return to the room the humidity is right, so I guess I don't really care. It's just strange that it works that way.

I'm starting to get some issues with this line voltage thermostat I bought a few weeks ago -- it's sticking in the ON position and letting my temps drop down to the low 60's, and potentially freezing the coils. Anybody have a recommendation on a good one? I think this one was $20. Was hoping to get away cheap, but this is my plants' environment we're talking about...

Edit: on second thought, it might be worth looking into just replacing that thermostat with a contactor controlled by a (programmable?) wall-mounted thermostat closer to the door.

goofy81

Nice grow! surprised about the yield.
I have a similar grow with similar wattage, 2400-4600watts is what i'm using depending on the temperatue. It's the 2nd week this summer here in australia with outside temps above 40c for 5 days straight!). My babies are going strong still with 100f+ temps! we must have good heat resistant strains down here.

Heres mine if you ever want to check it out
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=6117226#post6117226

Nice grow! surprised about the yield.
I have a similar grow with similar wattage, 2400-4600watts is what i'm using depending on the temperatue. It's the 2nd week this summer here in australia with outside temps above 40c for 5 days straight!). My babies are going strong still with 100f+ temps! we must have good heat resistant strains down here.

Heres mine if you ever want to check it out
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=6117226#post6117226

Yeap, I used to do things like that back when I lived in an extremely humid area. But out here I feel like I'm on a razor's edge with the humidity. I had no idea it could be like this before I moved out to the west coast, but it seems like my a/c air alone wants to fry these plants. The two times I've tried venting outside air in for more than an hour (@~600cfm in an 1180 cu ft room) it fried my plants beyond recognition. I have no idea how these other guys around here do it, going with no a/c, just venting outside air. If I tried that for half a day, I'd have a room full of dead plants. :\

Actually, that's what caused my poor yield last time. 3 weeks into flower, I vented outside air for a day or so trying to get some stuff sorted out (maybe a/c issues?) and my plants just never had a chance to bounce back. That's why I'm waiting until my room is stable this time before I flip the switch. ("stable")

Woke up this morning to my A/C as a solid chunk of ice (again) -- gonna put my old ghetto-rigged thermostat back in until I can find a suitable replacement that doesn't have me eating crumbs out of the sofa :)

I'm still sitting on about half of this last harvest, waiting on my clone guy to finish his wax extractor rig so I can go make the pro stuff... so money is still really tight. I had to cancel my cone bottom tank order too :(

Waiting on a $4000 check from work whenever I get this project done so things should open back up later in Feb. Maybe after this harvest I'll be able to afford a mini split. That one that D uses looks like a real winner.

Thanks man!

I decided to flip my lights today, the plants are plenty big enough, and things have been going well for a while here; it's now or never.

I'm having a little bit of a root aphid scare here all of a sudden though -- something I'm sure you're all familiar with. I've never had them and I know for sure that some of you guys have, so maybe you can help me identify them? They are pretty much exactly the same size as the springtails in my beds, but they have much fatter abdomens and are a slightly darker tan color. I believe the ones I've seen also have wings, but I'll have to wait until lights on at 6 when I check my potato traps. I haven't found any physically attached to roots while doing a little surface exploration. My plants were showing K and Mg deficiency due to VPD from about 2 weeks ago, as I was getting my humidifier set up, and had been a little slower to recover than I would have liked, even with foliar feeding liquid kelp. It's the Mg deficiency that has me scared, since I know RA can express this way. Well, that and those fat little abdomens. I haven't seen this critter in my garden before. Any info can be helpful, I'm doing some heavy googling right now. Thanks!

Edit: SM90 is my best shot, I realize that.

Latest posts

Latest posts