What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Working at a Dispensary

sajesak

Recently got hired to work at a dispensary and looking forward it but all my life my parents have been against marijuana. I’ve tried countless times convincing them to change their perspective on it but each time they looked at me like I was out of my head. Point is,

they are never changing their mind about it and I’m currently in the process of graduating college and getting my own place but don’t have the funds just yet.
Considering my situation with my parents, my only option is to keep it from them.

I’ve used this website many times for advice and now I’m asking you all on advice on how to be able to keep the smell of weed out and avoiding my parents finding out. Please help!

sajesak

Recently got hired to work at a dispensary and looking forward it but all my life my parents have been against marijuana. I’ve tried countless times convincing them to change their perspective on it but each time they looked at me like I was out of my head. Point is,

they are never changing their mind about it and I’m currently in the process of graduating college and getting my own place but don’t have the funds just yet.
Considering my situation with my parents, my only option is to keep it from them.

I’ve used this website many times for advice and now I’m asking you all on advice on how to be able to keep the smell of weed out and avoiding my parents finding out Alberta weed dispensary. Please help!
thanks in advance for any help

Last edited:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe a change of clothes before and after work,,,
vigorously washing ya hands of the smell before leaving work negating the odour gained from handling buds all day,,,
not smoking just before you arrive home,,,
you could also use a strong cologne on a regular basis when leaving or arriving home,,,
all the very best,,,,✌️

Gry

Veteran
Only you really know how hard your pop would take it were he to find out.
Murphy's law says you can at some point count on that happening,... when you least need it.

Gry

Veteran
Only you really know how hard your pop would take it were he to find out.
Murphy's law says you can at some point count on that happening,... when you least need it.

Bona Fortuna

Are you working in a production facility or packaged herb dispensary? Are you trying to hide consumption, too?
It will be hard to hide a job and consumption, but the smell isn’t major.

If you’re in production, then you’ll have all the PPE you need. Just bring an extra set of clothes and maybe hit the gym/showers after work.
Pumice scrubbing cleansers work well at getting resin off.

If at dispensary, then no sweat. Not sure if you’ll be handling loose bud there. Haven’t seen that in years. If you are, glove up and scrub down with pumice cleanser. Usually herb dispensaries are good at smell mitigation.

Ca++

I'm not sure the only option is to keep it from them. You could get a job they approve of. One that will let you move out. A job that won't pay the bills, sounds like a waste of time.
If this job means staying under there roof, it's no use. It's the classic story, of the kid that won't move out, and just does drugs. They will find out, and probably kick you out. It's standard practice. They remove your bedroom from you, and you get a proper job. You hate them for a few years. They enjoy the time off. Then you wake up to how much it helped you.

Another issue..
Do you look like any of the girls here
d8eb74e6-f93e-412c-8f16-a9d499ca581a_1140x641.jpg

If not, your boss is gay, or your jobs on the line. It's a peanuts job, suited to students. Who revolve around regularly. Bar jobs. Coffee shops. Fast Food. It's all the same unskilled temporary labour. If you leave college and fall into this, you will regret it.

Tell him he can keep the tenner.

sajesak

I'm not sure the only option is to keep it from them. You could get a job they approve of. One that will let you move out. A job that won't pay the bills, sounds like a waste of time.
If this job means staying under there roof, it's no use. It's the classic story, of the kid that won't move out, and just does drugs. They will find out, and probably kick you out. It's standard practice. They remove your bedroom from you, and you get a proper job. You hate them for a few years. They enjoy the time off. Then you wake up to how much it helped you.

Another issue..
Do you look like any of the girls here
d8eb74e6-f93e-412c-8f16-a9d499ca581a_1140x641.jpg

If not, your boss is gay, or your jobs on the line. It's a peanuts job, suited to students. Who revolve around regularly. Bar jobs. Coffee shops. Fast Food. It's all the same unskilled temporary labour. If you leave college and fall into this, you will regret it. Ecco diversi approcci per terminare l'abbonamento a Eolo Modulo disdetta. Le procedure per cancellarsi dal servizio internet Eolo possono variare in base al tipo di contratto sottoscritto. Tuttavia, di solito, i metodi per interrompere il servizio includono:

Tell him he can keep the tenner.
thank you so much for your suggestion

Ca++

As the job can't support you, it would be your parents support enabling you to do it. That is a game of betrayal, and they hold the cards. They would really have no choice.

We have to not enable our children to make what we think are bad choices. That is being a parent. We must also pull needed support, in order to make kids leave the nest.

One day you will also bring up kids able to survive on their own. It's then that you will also refuse to enable them to do things you don't want them to.

Alpha.GanjaGuy

you're an adult, sit them down and explain to them that they don't need to agree with it but this is what you do with your life..

find a roommate (maybe a 2nd/3rd job) and move out if it is important enough to you.

xtsho

You're graduating from college? You should focus on trying to get a job in your field of study instead of wasting time working at a low paying dead end job.

Doing something your parents are against and keeping it from them while living under their roof is not the way to go about things.

engine

thank you so much for your suggestion
How turns it out, are you still working at a dispensary?

In my opinion, a dispensary job is quite a good starting-point. Today the US-based cannabis industry is over saturated which prevents everybody to make money (look at the stock prices of the "big" players). But it is the second big thing after the computer revolution and the US are the pioneers with at least 10 years head start compared to Europe.

Unfortunately, the majority of the players do not understand, that export is the their only way to keep their businesses alive and to conquer new markets too. But to get there they have to work in that direction which conflicts with the limited ability of Americans to think outside of their own country. Only a very few big US-corporations export their goods at all, it is a mentality thing which is very hard to overcome.

But when this happens someday, you could be in the right position!

Last edited:

Gry

Veteran
Have a neighbor who works at a cannabis shop, he is retired, and it gives him great access to cannabis,
and he has lots of attractive young females around him on a regular basis.
Not seen him at the grocery store with any of those young females yet.
Seems to be a pretty decent gig for him though.

xtsho

How turns it out, are you still working at a dispensary?

In my opinion, a dispensary job is quite a good starting-point. Today the US-based cannabis industry is over saturated which prevents everybody to make money (look at the stock prices of the "big" players). But it is the second big thing after the computer revolution and the US are the pioneers with at least 10 years head start compared to Europe.

Unfortunately, the majority of the players do not understand, that export is the their only way to keep their businesses alive and to conquer new markets too. But to get there they have to work in that direction which conflicts with the limited ability of Americans to think outside of their own country. Only a very few big US-corporations export their goods at all, it is a mentality thing which is very hard to overcome.

But when this happens someday, you could be in the right position!

It's not that the players don't understand. US cannabis outfits can't export. They can't even export across state lines. Not all states have legalized cannabis and it's still illegal at the federal level. The federal government is staying out of local state level legalization but it is not allowed to transport cannabis out of the state where it's produced. Exporting cannabis would likely bring federal charges if caught.

engine

It's not that the players don't understand. US cannabis outfits can't export. They can't even export across state lines. Not all states have legalized cannabis and it's still illegal at the federal level. The federal government is staying out of local state level legalization but it is not allowed to transport cannabis out of the state where it's produced. Exporting cannabis would likely bring federal charges if caught.
You are absolutely right law and legal-wise, no Dispensary is allowed to export to different sates, countries or even sell online. Nevertheless the US has a global leading role in that industry and the prices are falling. So the products could be exported by private persons which are simple customers of a dispensary. Here an example, when a customer buys an ounce for 120$ he could sell this ounce for 300$ to European customers (as we pay 11-14 Euro per gram) online.

So it is possible, and profitable for all sides without breaking the law/regulations. Sure the customs of the receiver country would be a risk, but on customer side. The sender would be left out as nobody on earth would like to mess with Uncle Sam if you know what I mean.

So it is possible, on an indirect way.

xtsho

You are absolutely right law and legal-wise, no Dispensary is allowed to export to different sates, countries or even sell online. Nevertheless the US has a global leading role in that industry and the prices are falling. So the products could be exported by private persons which are simple customers of a dispensary. Here an example, when a customer buys an ounce for 120$ he could sell this ounce for 300$ to European customers (as we pay 11-14 Euro per gram) online.

So it is possible, and profitable for all sides without breaking the law/regulations. Sure the customs of the receiver country would be a risk, but on customer side. The sender would be left out as nobody on earth would like to mess with Uncle Sam if you know what I mean.

So it is possible, on an indirect way.

Many things are possible.

What you speak of is highly illegal and could lead to a lengthy prison sentence.