What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Work in amsterdam

Is there much work available in amsterdam these days? Anything really. What about baristas? A barista in a proper amsterdam coffee shop would be awesome. Any input would be appriciated! :)

mr.haze420

Veteran
coffeeshops are always looking for staff, maybe the coffee company chain of starbucks like shops for a barista

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
Think the red light district always has a couple openings, as long as you don't mind working the long hours.......
peace TS

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
I have a EU passport.

What you should do then is go there and walk from place to place asking if they are hiring.

Use your common sense doing that by not being dressed sloppy (neither being overdressed, just observe what every one else working there is wearing).
Be polite and if they ask why you want to work there tell them you would like to get to know the different culture and learn more of their language assuming you speak some Dutch which if you don't you will very unlikely be hired for a position where you'll have public contact.
If they offer you a low level job in the kitchen - take it and work your way up from there. Get to know people in the industry and make contacts and then take it from there.
Do NOT mention you are interested working in the "Cannabis Industry" and if they ask if you smoke tell them this: "Yes, on occasion" and don't walk in there stoned.
They will not hire you if there are indicators of you potentially going to smoke the product they are selling by admitting being a heavy smoker. I think you got my point about that last part. (You wouldn't hire an Alcoholic to work in a Distillery, neither.)

:wave: