What's new

Wiped film evaporator

Rrdraff

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have information on using wiped film evaporators with cannabis oil to evaporate residual ethanol from extractions. I would greatly appreciate your expertise!!

Thanks

Rickys bong

Veteran
Using wiped film for simply ethanol evaporation will work very efficiently, but a very expensive way to go...

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't, but they work well for the purpose and the unique one I helped partner Pharmer Joe design, seems to work slick and I expect ya'll will be seeing it on the market soon.

Meyers offers a centrifugal and the Pope wiped film, both which have been around a long time and have already proven themselves.

As RB notes, they are relatively expensive and typically not used for ethanol removal. We remove the ethanol first using a Hiedolph rotary evaporator.

I think the WFE is not practical for solvent removal, too expensive! All you really need is a giant boiling kettle and a big condenser, the dairy industry has some promising stuff.

Dr.Terp

Larger wiped film evaporators can be set up for bulk solvent removal, some engineers I work with say Wiffies are the safer alternative to a large rotavap. Other engineers say rotavap is the way togo in regards to speed of removal. Both are capable, and can be around the same price point. Rotavaps have other utilities in a lab that Wiffies do not have, and vis-a-versa for Wiffies. Wiffies can have more diverse configurations than rotavaps, because most all rotavap companies design for solvent evap and product drying...All depends on your budget & operational flows. :tiphat::joint:

Ollie

Veteran
Check out Root Sciences, they seems to have there technique & product on point ..

As with everything, things that work do cost, but if it moves Your business forwards, it can be a good/smart investment and strategic move.

Big up.

Latest posts

Latest posts